Just In

Big Dave

Total Rubbish H Wragg. If we win the league, its more likely that the club will need a more experienced manager. Last week when Morton beat Dunfermline 4-1, not one person suggested they were in a bad way, but this week anybody can beat them ? Were you at the Airdrie game? We had 6 or 7 chances that just didn't go in. At no point did we look like losing.

You need to stop putting Thistle down. To win the league it usually just needs to average 2 points per game, which I think we are managing so far ?

I think today's result is a huge result in terms of giving the players belief that they can win away.

Has Archie applied ?

I think not my Luvvie friend . . . . . still top of the league & will be come May . . . . . . . keep up the chase tho!

Ohhh, and did you not get taught the e before i rule in borstal school ?

I think you are being a fan with a typrewriter.

Best of luck with that.

'i' before 'e' is not a universal rule. Seize, weird, vein, foreign, eider, their, feisty, so even grammar doesn't guarantee that you will be above us in the league at the end of the day.

Carpe diem to Thistle, in other words seize the day :hypocrite:

Edited by douglas clark
  • Like 3

Total Rubbish H Wragg. If we win the league, its more likely that the club will need a more experienced manager. Last week when Morton beat Dunfermline 4-1, not one person suggested they were in a bad way, but this week anybody can beat them ? Were you at the Airdrie game? We had 6 or 7 chances that just didn't go in. At no point did we look like losing.

You need to stop putting Thistle down. To win the league it usually just needs to average 2 points per game, which I think we are managing so far ?

I think today's result is a huge result in terms of giving the players belief that they can win away.

Has Archie applied ?

Quite a few questions there, LJ!

If we win the league the club will give Archie the job without a doubt IMO and he'll have earned it.

Things have worsened significantly for Dunfermline since last Saturday although plenty of folk knew they were in a bad way and their form had slumped dramatically before then.

Yes, I was at the Airdrie game. At no time did I state that we looked like losing the game but i did say that a draw would have been disastrous, which it would have been.

My general point is that we're skating on thin ice (as far as the title's concerned) with two narrow, unconvincing home wins and a get out of jail card at Cowdenbeath so there's no reason to appoint Archie full time quite yet.

Has Archie applied ?

We could have dropped 2 valuable home points to the worst team in the league. Thankfully, Erskine produced a much needed bit of magic.

I am as pleased as anyone with Archie and Shaggy's start but it is only a start. Two points a game may not be enough. We cannot rely on Morton dropping points.

As I have said elsewhere, the big issue is what happens if Muirhead or/and Balatoni is/are out for a few games. There is little or no cover and Archie will have to start.

Edited by kni

Wasn't there today but wonder if Archie should have taken the opportunity for some game time later on just to keep himself match fit...no doubt he will have to play at some point before the end of the season......your thoughts?

I fully expected Archie to play today at some point , firstly due to the fact Paton was out and secondly the fact that he may well be needed as you suggest.

Full support for Archie from myself, 10 points from 12 is well received and the clean sheets are a bonus especially for those questioning our defence, but then Murray has not been playing much apart from foggy matches !

Hopefully he is still wandering around Fife looking for the bus !

How many teams have won games and leagues with a piece of magic from a player when the team is struggling?

Cant understand any negativity towards the achievments of this team this season barring one or two games they have been a joy to watch and follow. Today was a very professional performance in what could have been difficult circumstances. Poster at start of thread reckoned about 1000 jags fans i thought that too spencey on radio scotland said 600-700

Agree totallly, was a thouroughly convincing and absolutely deserved victory. Could honestly have been more. For all the doubters, this is the third time this season I@ve seen us outplay the team most pundits were tipping to win the league.

Enjoyed it so much, I won't bore you with the abortion of a game served up by the referee, suffice to say he was scandalously shocking.

Edited by stillresigned

How many teams have won games and leagues with a piece of magic from a player when the team is struggling?

Cant understand any negativity towards the achievments of this team this season barring one or two games they have been a joy to watch and follow. Today was a very professional performance in what could have been difficult circumstances. Poster at start of thread reckoned about 1000 jags fans i thought that too spencey on radio scotland said 600-700

You have highlighted what in my opinion was a desperate performance and for without Erskine's brilliant goal a disaster !

Craigen was excellent.

Mcguigan was rubbish.

Doolan didnt get involved much.

Mixed then. Worried about Doolan but pleased that Craigen did well - hope that he gets more opportunities. It's difficult moving up from Edinburgh Uni to the First Division.

Craigen was excellent.

Mcguigan was rubbish.

McGuigan , I agree needs a chance. How much of a chance depends on how much luxurry we have to be honest. We do not have that yet imho! ( sorry pie of the month ! )

Doolan. Not happening for him, Stevie Craig is currently all Dools can hope to achieve.

Craigen I have big hopes for, like the lads energy and movement. one for next season ?

Macnamara wasn't, exactly, a known genious as a manager when we took him on, now was he?

He worked out, and I think Mr Archibald might too.

We have an interim manager with a good record, we should go with that, no?

Hang fire until the end of the season is all I'm saying.

McGuigan , I agree needs a chance. How much of a chance depends on how much luxurry we have to be honest. We do not have that yet imho! ( sorry pie of the month ! )

Doolan. Not happening for him, Stevie Craig is currently all Dools can hope to achieve.

Craigen I have big hopes for, like the lads energy and movement. one for next season ?

McGuigan - needs another loan period?

Doolan - has Craig's arrival affected his confidence.

Craigen - sounds good.

I have to say that I am totally perplexed that Morton are being given the advantage by Thistle supporters. We have a better points per game ratio(just) and a better goal difference Also, we didn't struggle against Hamilton or Airdrie. We had loads of chances against both teams and a combination of bad luck and great goalkeeping, meant that a penalty and a wonder goal had to win those games. The "grinding" out of the results is a positive, as the players didn't get down about not getting the goals their play deserved.

• Like 2

Macnamara wasn't, exactly, a known genious as a manager when we took him on, now was he?

He worked out, and I think Mr Archibald might too.

We have an interim manager with a good record, we should go with that, no?

McNamara's record improved significantly this season. He seems to have benefited from taking (getting?) his coaching badges last season. Is Archie taking his now?

I have to say that I am totally perplexed that Morton are being given the advantage by Thistle supporters. We have a better points per game ratio(just) and a better goal difference Also, we didn't struggle against Hamilton or Airdrie. We had loads of chances against both teams and a combination of bad luck and great goalkeeping, meant that a penalty and a wonder goal had to win those games. The "grinding" out of the results is a positive, as the players didn't get down about not getting the goals their play deserved.

Glass well half full with you ! lol ( sorry pie of the month )

The more you rely on grinding out, the more you run the risk of drawing (or worse). That's the glass half empty version of things.

We were heading for disaster (bearing in mind that a draw is a disaster at this stage) on Tuesday night and got out of jail.

Craigen was excellent.

Mcguigan was rubbish.

Jeez, that's harsh. He got the last 15 minutes of a game we were seeing out so saw very little of the ball as we were happy to keep possession and not push forward. The few times he touched the ball he did nothing wrong.

The job was done in the first half when we were terrific. Looked a threat every time we went forward. The midfield 3 of Welsh, Forbes and especially Bannigan were outstanding. They totally bossed the first 45 minutes.

Who knows whether Dunfermline's problems had an affect on their performance. I think the early goal was very important.

Dont see the worry with Doolan, he was excellent last week and was unlucky not to score. Wasnt there today to comment but i think we may need some doolan goals before the season is out and hopefully get him a new deal for next season.

Love Dools ! better players have a start though !

Mixed then. Worried about Doolan but pleased that Craigen did well - hope that he gets more opportunities. It's difficult moving up from Edinburgh Uni to the First Division.

Was at the game today as well and think McGuigan deserves a break from some folk on here.He was no worse than Doolan who seemingly can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.He also has not had anything like the game time of some of the rest of the underperformers recently.Also interesting quote saying nice to see Craigen dong well cos he came from Uni football.Where the frig did McGuigan come from ? Be fair guys before you press the post button .We`re all in this together remember .

Jeez, that's harsh. He got the last 15 minutes of a game we were seeing out so saw very little of the ball as we were happy to keep possession and not push forward. The few times he touched the ball he did nothing wrong.

The job was done in the first half when we were terrific. Looked a threat every time we went forward. The midfield 3 of Welsh, Forbes and especially Bannigan were outstanding. They totally bossed the first 45 minutes.

Who knows whether Dunfermline's problems had an affect on their performance. I think the early goal was very important.

I got asked how he performed, and by being not involved, that makes his contribution rubbish. Not harsh, realistic. I like him and hope he has more oppertunities with us but im afraid they can only really come on days like today. We are going for promotion so when I say someone isnt brilliant it is a reflection on how good our team is/ should be expecting. I think we need to be realistic on what gets promotion and what doesnt.

As, a side note. I have expressed interest in wanting Evans as manager and now think Archie probably is the man till the end of the season. I think we can do it. Ugly, but can get there. It hard to accept a poorer quality of football but if thats what it takes then ok. If it works, then great.

But yes, most importantly, Craigen is one for the future (or even rest of the season). Shame Paton, Welsh, Forbes, Bannigan are so good. Not a bad thing!