Just In

Big Dave

Was at the game today as well and think McGuigan deserves a break from some folk on here.He was no worse than Doolan who seemingly can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.He also has not had anything like the game time of some of the rest of the underperformers recently.Also interesting quote saying nice to see Craigen dong well cos he came from Uni football.Where the frig did McGuigan come from ? Be fair guys before you press the post button .We`re all in this together remember .

Agree. One thing is certain, and that is Doolan won't be getting snapped up of anybody in the summer.

I think the difference in contrast between McGuigan and Craigen was that Craigen came on and looked the part, no where near out of place (better than our regulars performed). Where as McGuigan looked as if he took the step up.

Its hard to make an accurate comment with the circumstances of the second half not being in McGuigans or Doolans favour.

Jesus Christ we were 4 nil up at half time then chilled, we won 4-0 at East End Park and people on here are moaning about trivial shte?

To clarify, we won 0-4 at Dunfermline.

Lighten up and party;

Spot on, uber.

I know I'm guiltier than most at being forensic with the "just ins" but to question performances of substitutes when we were winning 4-0 away from home and we don't lose a goal after they come on the pitch is approaching the surreal.

Seriously what are we supposed to say about Craigen's, Doolan's and McGuigan's performances? I rabbit on here more than is necessary but even I'm out my depth with this absurdity.

Far far more impressive result. My concerns were that the results and performances previous didn't seem very comfortable at all and against poor iopposition. results like today do much to ease those concerns so long may it continue and although Dunfermline are a mess they are still a good team.

I still have the same concerns as kni but a great result today and let's hope Morton slip up at accies mid week!

I got asked how he performed, and by being not involved, that makes his contribution rubbish. Not harsh, realistic. I like him and hope he has more oppertunities with us but im afraid they can only really come on days like today. We are going for promotion so when I say someone isnt brilliant it is a reflection on how good our team is/ should be expecting. I think we need to be realistic on what gets promotion and what doesnt.

As, a side note. I have expressed interest in wanting Evans as manager and now think Archie probably is the man till the end of the season. I think we can do it. Ugly, but can get there. It hard to accept a poorer quality of football but if thats what it takes then ok. If it works, then great.

But yes, most importantly, Craigen is one for the future (or even rest of the season). Shame Paton, Welsh, Forbes, Bannigan are so good. Not a bad thing!

What rubbish--- Jags sat in 2nd half and let pars come at them all half and they were very comfortable doing it.The ball was very rarely up at the pars 18 yd box in 2nd half so to say any of the forwards were good bad or indifferent is just plain rubbish----imo

• Like 3

Great first half, every time we went forward - especially on the break - we looked dangerous. For every bit as good as the first half, the 2nd half was awful! Jags sensibly on save the legs/energy conservation mode, dunf know the game is over, and ref was AWFUL. Eerytime thistle player would beat dunf player, they just got hacked down, took the ref about 5 fouls to book their number 6 who was the worst. Every time forbes/lawless/bannigan skinned him, which was often, he just brought them down.

Bannigan forbes and of course craig were the pick, with a mention of craigen when he came on, he just kept things ticking over and looked comfortable.

I'm not sure there aren't spoof posts on here.

We went out yesterday, took control of the game in the middle of the park with a 'new' midfield 3 & exploited the wide areas with Erskine & O'Donnell in particular.

We go in 4-0 up at HT & game is almost won. All we need to do is sit tight for the Dunfermline onslaught which surely would come after a HT roasting by Jeffries.

Although nothing particularly threatening, they came out 2nd half fired up & making sure if they didn't get the ball they got the man.

The result being we lost Bannigan to a bad challenge, imo him & Welsh ran the show, & middle of park took while to adjust whilst Craigen found his feet.

I should at this point mention Bobby Madden who must go down as one of the worst refs in Scotland- we've seen a few this season- but if this guy one of the best (FIFA ranked) then the game is in trouble. I'm not sure what Stuart Bannigan has done to offend him but that's twice he's been victim of bad challenges this season & had to be subbed, yet Madden has seen nothing.

I'm not one for the club sending complaints but I would be providing the evidence of the two challenges Bannigan has had which went unpunished- no foul even- and also a recording of the 2nd half when blatant shirt pullings went without a booking yet yellow cards produced for others for little.

Anyway, we did what we needed to do. To criticise Doolan when he got a 30 min run out around time when our midfield weren't just as effective & service not as clinical as 1st half is very harsh. To criticise McGuigan for a 5-10 minute stint at end of game we've had sown up after 35 minutes is ridiculous. The guy has had very little game time in last couple of months especially!

A bit of perspective required perhaps?

We needed the win yesterday- we got it.

We needed a win away from home yesterday to boost confidence in away performances - we got it.

What else do people want?

Edited by Trotter
  • Like 1

Chuffed to bits to get home late and find that we went to Fife and blew away the opposition. This result must be a tremendous tonic for the team, Archie and the Club.If there is still something lacking in your mind, try Gin.

May our delayed returns to Fife be exact repeats and I'll not complain.

I wish the Club every success in appointing our next manager in due course.

Que sera sera.

Excellent match yesterday. Quite a feat for a season - 6 points from EEP in the sunshine. We needed a morale boosting away win and that is exactly what the team delivered yesterday. Wee Lawless looked like back to his old form, and Welsh and Banzo totally bossed the midfield. Pretty much a goal every 8 minutes in the first half felt good. Wee bit miffed that we didnt get a goal in the second half since the team were playing towards us, but not really a complaint. Thought the substitutions were spot on - good to be able to rest players after the recent run of games, and I think Craigen looks like a really good player. Overall, it looks like we're hitting peak form at exactly the right time in the season.....

APOLOGIES ALL ROUND FOR MY DOUBTING THOMAS ATTITUDE !! WASNT THERE FOR REASONS OF PRINCIPLE ( WONT CONTRIBUTE TO A BOARD OF DIRECTORS WHO CANT OR WONT PAY THEIR PLAYERS !!) BUT MUST ADMIT IT SOUNDED LIKE A GREAT 1ST HALF OF FOOTBALL, WERE WE EXPERIMENTING THE UGLY STUFF 2ND HALF ? SOUNDS LIKE THAT GIVEN THAT SOME WERE JEERING IN THE 2ND !! ANYWAY GREAT RESULT BRINGING US TO WITHIN STRIKING DISTANCE FOR THE TOP SPOT AND AM SURE THE MORON LOT WILL BE FEELING VERY UNCOMFORTABLE THIS MORNING !! C'MON THE JAGS !!!

I'm not sure there aren't spoof posts on here.

We went out yesterday, took control of the game in the middle of the park with a 'new' midfield 3 & exploited the wide areas with Erskine & O'Donnell in particular.

We go in 4-0 up at HT & game is almost won. All we need to do is sit tight for the Dunfermline onslaught which surely would come after a HT roasting by Jeffries.

Although nothing particularly threatening, they came out 2nd half fired up & making sure if they didn't get the ball they got the man.

The result being we lost Bannigan to a bad challenge, imo him & Welsh ran the show, & middle of park took while to adjust whilst Craigen found his feet.

I should at this point mention Bobby Madden who must go down as one of the worst refs in Scotland- we've seen a few this season- but if this guy one of the best (FIFA ranked) then the game is in trouble. I'm not sure what Stuart Bannigan has done to offend him but that's twice he's been victim of bad challenges this season & had to be subbed, yet Madden has seen nothing.

I'm not one for the club sending complaints but I would be providing the evidence of the two challenges Bannigan has had which went unpunished- no foul even- and also a recording of the 2nd half when blatant shirt pullings went without a booking yet yellow cards produced for others for little.

Anyway, we did what we needed to do. To criticise Doolan when he got a 30 min run out around time when our midfield weren't just as effective & service not as clinical as 1st half is very harsh. To criticise McGuigan for a 5-10 minute stint at end of game we've had sown up after 35 minutes is ridiculous. The guy has had very little game time in last couple of months especially!

A bit of perspective required perhaps?

We needed the win yesterday- we got it.

We needed a win away from home yesterday to boost confidence in away performances - we got it.

What else do people want?

Mark McGuigan to score 6 goals as a sub or something. He needs to take a long hard look at himself, as do all the other waster highlighted in this thread, I hope Archie has them in for a double training session this morning, in fact I hope they have been out training for 4 hours already. Archie out.

What rubbish--- Jags sat in 2nd half and let pars come at them all half and they were very comfortable doing it.The ball was very rarely up at the pars 18 yd box in 2nd half so to say any of the forwards were good bad or indifferent is just plain rubbish----imo

Thanks Jaggyman, my point entirely ,agree 100% .

...We go in 4-0 up at HT & game is almost won. All we need to do is sit tight for the Dunfermline onslaught which surely would come after a HT roasting by Jeffries....

I'm sure that roasting is exactly what happened - it's straight out of the Standard Dim Scottish Football Manager's Manual (or should that be "Locker"?), especially since the Dunfermline players came back out long after ours. It would have undermined what little confidence the Pars players had left. Our players didn't even need to sit tight: they just strolled around keeping the ball moving when in possession. Jim Jefferies' thoughts on the Pars' website: "I thought that there were quite a few of them who just turned up and just filled that jersey." And we get complaints here about negativity!

Oh, and Archie's words on the Pars site are worth reading:

Archibald had every sympathy for the Dunfermline players:-

"Every one of them is credit to themselves and their club. If we asked any of you to go and do your work for 50% of your wages, you'd probably say no. For some reason in the football environment it seems a given that they are going to turn up and play. People don't seem to understand that it is a job like any other. They are out there running the risk of getting injured and I don't think that there will be anything there for them if they do get injured.

"They still have bills to play and still have to travel through to training. People think footballers are all millionaires but it is not like that by any means. There are a lot of guys been in that position before and it is a horrible situation. We were lucky with Save the Jags that we always got paid."

(http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20130302/managers-post-partick_2208031_3095384)

• Like 1

Christ I came out of EEP floating on air(well, not literally) and after reading some of these posts I'm ready to get my razor out. We won and played really well, alright we didn't score eight, but to be honest if we had put our mind to it we probably could've. For whatever reason we were so far ahead of Dunfermline that hadit been a boxing match the referee would've stopped it: mind you with this particular referee he had allowed the fight to go on until one of the combattents was killed! Just what do some people expect? I have said before that this side have surpassed, if not exceeded all my expectations for this seasons and deserve wholehearted support for not just their title challenge, but for the refreshing and entertaining football they have served up.

Edited by stillresigned
  • Like 2

It's obvious the early goals helped, and I always thought that if we scored early then their heads would go down. It's up to us to hammer home the advantage and we did that really well by all accounts (I wasn't there).

This shows that we're capable of playing the same football as we had been even with a different manager. I'm absolutely delighted that we seems to be a little more resolute at the back too, we only had 6 clean sheets in the league until Archie took over, he's now overseen 3 in 4 games (not counting the Cowden game).

I think we could have seen the same kind of scoreline in the Airdrie and Accies games had we gotten an early goal. Just didn't happen for us in those games. We're very much a confidence team.

• Like 1

If you actually read my previous post, I stated this quite obviously. Bad game for them to come on to.

The majority of posts criticising the team invariably are coming from posters that haven't been to these particular games.

I think people also forget that our team is made up of a lot of young players who by their nature, are going to be be up and down in terms of their performances on a week by week basis.

Hence why when we get an early goal, more often than not we tend to go on and do quite well. When that doesnt happen we can sometimes get a little nervous.

• Like 1

After a fantastic result yesterday i cant believe the negativity towards certain players within our squad remember we win as a team and lose as a team the critisism given towards our subs yesterday was over the top remember one thing they are professionals trying to do there very best for our club so whenever they wear the jersey we should give them the backing instead of getting on there backs.......CMON THE JAGS