Just In

Big Dave

Dont tell Firhillfill that!! 4 games, 10 points and unbeaten and two of the games were away against our biggest rivals. Great stuff. Surely its a shoe in for Archie and Shaggy

Don't get carried away by today's result as Dunfermline is a team in crisis. The fog may have saved us from a costly defeat on Tuesday evening. We scored only one goal at home to Airdrie who are 6 points behind Dumbarton but have played 2 games more. We beat Hamilton by a solitary goal at home too. In those games, the team under-performed against 3 teams in the bottom 4. A 2 goal lead was squandered at Cappielow too. Archie and Shaggy deserve more time but they still need to prove themselves.

• Like 3

Saying "we only beat Hamilton and Airdrie by a goal" is - like a scarecrow having a **** - clutching at straws. Under Jackie we got beat and then drew last time we played those two teams - so I'll take any win against them! Archie's doing a great job, especially defensively. I agree it's early days to say he should definitely get it but let's stop mentioning beating those teams by a solitary goal as a negative point. It's a positive one. It's a positive six points actually.

Wasn't at the game today but what a result. Only concern is Bannigan going off injured - anyone there able to let me know how bad it looked? Do you imagine he'll be out for a while?

Don't get carried away by today's result as Dunfermline is a team in crisis. The fog may have saved us from a costly defeat on Tuesday evening. We scored only one goal at home to Airdrie who are 6 points behind Dumbarton but have played 2 games more. We beat Hamilton by a solitary goal at home too. In those games, the team under-performed against 3 teams in the bottom 4. A 2 goal lead was squandered at Cappielow too. Archie and Shaggy deserve more time but they still need to prove themselves.

Dearie me. Give yourself a break.

Saying "we only beat Hamilton and Airdrie by a goal" is - like a scarecrow having a **** - clutching at straws. Under Jackie we got beat and then drew last time we played those two teams - so I'll take any win against them! Archie's doing a great job, especially defensively. I agree it's early days to say he should definitely get it but let's stop mentioning beating those teams by a solitary goal as a negative point. It's a positive one. It's a positive six points actually.

Wasn't at the game today but what a result. Only concern is Bannigan going off injured - anyone there able to let me know how bad it looked? Do you imagine he'll be out for a while?

Stuart Bannigan@Banzo8

Brilliant performance... Cheers for the support... Ankle should be fine. Godfather hattrick @stefcraig .. Get him in the suit every week...

Archie's record has been excellent. Poor against Cowdenbeath but he sorted that out today.

• Like 2

Don't get carried away by today's result as Dunfermline is a team in crisis.

Give us a break kni. We can only beat whats in front of us. If we win 1-0 against a team its not good enough for some on here, yet if we are 4 up in 30 minutes thats not good enough either, because the team we are playing is in crisis. With our away record, many saw this game as the day our title challenge would hit the skids. Archie and Shaggy have been under immense pressure to win these games in hand and barring Shuggies stupid hand ball at Crappielow, they would probably have had a full house of 12/12 in the 4 games. Time they got the credit....and the job!!

• Like 1

I don't get this attitude.

We beat teams we have beaten comfortably and struggled with this season especially Airdrie in December. Since when did we have an old firm attitude to demanding barrow loads of goals?

We were very comfortable against Hamilton, acknowledged by Billy Reid. There was no danger of getting beat against Airdrie, it just took a while for the goal to come.

For this kind of logic here's some other useless stats. We lost 2-0 at Dumbarton. The week before Morton lost 3-0 to them at home. Last week Morton won 4-1 at Dunfermline, this week we win 4-0 keeping a clean sheet.

What does this all mean? Nothing; it's a victory and 3 points or a defeat and no points regardless of goals scored or conceded.

4 finished games unbeaten under Archie. A victory and draw against the team third and first in the league. The day I complain about that is the day I chuck it.

• Like 10

Bahhhhh humbug. 3 wins and a draw. 8 goals for and 2 against. 3 clean sheets. Why not praise the team instead of the negativity?! Great result today no matter what kind of state dungfermline are in.

We have just won by four clear goals away from home!

My eyesight isn't what it used to be, but, looking through the Airdrie game programme, I don't think we have had a better result, away from home, this season.

I was concerned that Archie might be a defensive manager. This result shows otherwise.

Wish I'd been there. Archie for manager!

hatrick

easy win

Morton shiteing themselves

LOTS of booze on the train

home to find that I appear to have lost my children

sorted!

I think not my Luvvie friend . . . . . still top of the league & will be come May . . . . . . . keep up the chase tho!

Ohhh, and did you not get taught the e before i rule in borstal school ?

• Like 1

Clinical 1st half performance, bannigan ran the show. SOD still doesn't seem up to speed yet following his injury but is getting there.

Second half was a case of not doing anything daft and seeing the game out comfortably without conceding . Don't understand some of the shouts of dissatisfaction during the second half given that a lot if fans attitude would be to take a 1-0 victory until the end if the season.

Delighted with the three points. No sympathy for the Dunfermline fans in their current situation.

Give Archie the job!

Couldn't be at the game today but I'm absolutely delighted with the result.I feared we would struggle without patons industry and drive in midfield but what do i know!?! Think big Archie is doing a great job and until we as fans are otherwise informed I think we should leave the whole manager issue alone and focus all our attention and support on Archie,the team and our exciting conclusion to what's turning out to be the best season for our team in a long time.

• Like 1

I think not my Luvvie friend . . . . . still top of the league & will be come May . . . . . . . keep up the chase tho!

Ohhh, and did you not get taught the e before i rule in borstal school ?

So it should be "shitieng"?

• Like 1

Great day out, bossed it from minute 1. Really clinical and gritty away performance that has sadly been lacking all too often this season. Few people focusing on Dunfermline's demise, get a grip, we can only beat what is in front of us and regardless of their problems they are no mugs and we should be concentrating on the positives from our performance and I thought there were many.

Was delighted with how well we pressed home our advantage in the first half, two scrappy goals as well which we don't see often enough in my opinion at key times in games. Three points in the bag and hopefully that's the away day hoodoo knocked on the head for now and we can start tackling this tricky away fixture schedule that see's us going to three grounds we haven't won at this season in quick succession. I feel there is a stark difference between us away from home under Jackie and now.

I feel we are now grinding out results and when we went four up today we seemed to know what to do and see it out with ease and ok people may say that's easy when you are four one up, but I noticed how well we kept the ball and controlled possession and the tempo of the game in the second half, stifling any notion Dunfermline had of trying to forge what was an impossible comeback. Loved the dig on show from players such as Bannigan, Lawless and Craigen when he came on who I thought was impressive and did what he had to do, kept the ball well too.

Over to Morton now on Tuesday against their Bogey team this season, Hamilton. But still in our own hangs which is all the ask at this stage of the season.

Archie and Shaggy till the end of the season for me, team playing well and that stats speak for themselves, 10 points out of a possible 12, three consecutive clean sheets and no red cards in three games!!

Happy Days :)

• Like 2

Ach, I'll stick up for kni then!

I don't see any need to alter Archie's 'interim' title at this moment in time. If we win the league then it's a no-brainer, if we don't then we can evaluate all of the team's performances under him and make a change if it's felt to be in the best interests of the club. A win-win situation.

I wasn't at the game today due to work and it was obviously a fine way to get the away win monkey off our backs, but lets face it, The Rangers FC could beat Dunfermline at this moment in time so let's not get carried away. I was at Cowdenbeath on Tuesday and it looked highly likely that we would have got no more than 1 point if the game had been allowed to finish.

Last Saturday was pretty unimpressive as well and only a piece of magic from Erskine saved us from a disastrous 0-0 draw.

I still get a horrible feeling that we're going to blink before Morton do.

So, to conclude. I'm in the 'decide at the end of the season' camp with kni. That's a big difference from the 'punt him now and bring in Evans/McGlynn/Barry Smith' camp, which is a ridiculous camp to be in

Ach, I'll stick up for kni then!

I don't see any need to alter Archie's 'interim' title at this moment in time. If we win the league then it's a no-brainer, if we don't then we can evaluate all of the team's performances under him and make a change if it's felt to be in the best interests of the club. A win-win situation.

I wasn't at the game today due to work and it was obviously a fine way to get the away win monkey off our backs, but lets face it, The Rangers FC could beat Dunfermline at this moment in time so let's not get carried away. I was at Cowdenbeath on Tuesday and it looked highly likely that we would have got no more than 1 point if the game had been allowed to finish.

Last Saturday was pretty unimpressive as well and only a piece of magic from Erskine saved us from a disastrous 0-0 draw.

I still get a horrible feeling that we're going to blink before Morton do.

So, to conclude. I'm in the 'decide at the end of the season' camp with kni. That's a big difference from the 'punt him now and bring in Evans/McGlynn/Barry Smith' camp, which is a ridiculous camp to be in

How many teams have won games and leagues with a piece of magic from a player when the team is struggling?

Cant understand any negativity towards the achievments of this team this season barring one or two games they have been a joy to watch and follow. Today was a very professional performance in what could have been difficult circumstances. Poster at start of thread reckoned about 1000 jags fans i thought that too spencey on radio scotland said 600-700