Ayr Fans

phoenix1876

Serious question: If a section of Jags fans started behaving in this vile manner, would we stop being Thistle fans?

What can a club (or its decent fans) do to ensure that these morons don't attend? Can they be legally ejected? Is there anything at all that can/should be done?

I recall last time we got promoted to the SPHell, we played Celtic at firhill - a Jags fan shouted racist abuse at Bobo Balde - he was immediately shouted down by numerous Jags fans - he shut up for the rest of the game - Peer pressure.

I recall last time we got promoted to the SPHell, we played Celtic at firhill - a Jags fan shouted racist abuse at Bobo Balde - he was immediately shouted down by numerous Jags fans - he shut up for the rest of the game - Peer pressure.

I would hope that our stewards would eject any "fan"(s) who shouted racist abuse at any player. It's likely that he/they would be arrested now. The miscreant(s) would also get a ban, possibly life depending on the seriousness, from Firhill too.

We have had a few black players in recent years and, to my knowledge, they did not receive any racist abuse. They might have got some stick for poor play.

We have no information other than the original post. How do we know that it's not a wind up?

Deny its very existence then this is how it'll all start all over again. Why do the trains to Ayr always run on time? Why did Elvis really not get off that plane In Prestwick?. Ask yourself the real reason for those average speed cameras. A whole town brainwashed into believing they're Honest Men and Bonnie Lassies. Sidney Devine! FFS how much more proof do you want?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2

Serious question: If a section of Jags fans started behaving in this vile manner, would we stop being Thistle fans?

What can a club (or its decent fans) do to ensure that these morons don't attend? Can they be legally ejected? Is there anything at all that can/should be done?

Remember we played killie at rugby park mid 90s when it was terracing and there was some bnp characters with a red yellow and black union jack.If i remember right the boys from the maryhill bus got rid of them .

Deny its very existence then this is how it'll all start all over again. Why do the trains to Ayr always run on time? Why did Elvis really not get off that plane In Prestwick?. Ask yourself the real reason for those average speed cameras. A whole town brainwashed into believing their Honest Men and Bonnie Lassies. Sidney Devine! FFS how much more proof do you want?

I did not deny its existence, just want more proof. If someone made similar allegations against Jags fans, would you have the same attitude?

Remember we played killie at rugby park mid 90s when it was terracing and there was some bnp characters with a red yellow and black union jack.If i remember right the boys from the maryhill bus got rid of them .

I remember this distinctly. The guys with the flag's argument was that Thistle had an english player at the time. Can't remember his name, but i recall this was correct. Don't think they were BNP or NF or owt like that, more just NGE hingers on thinking that the union flag made them look tougher.

Your right about the Maryhill bus boys giving them a bit of a talking too. God I miss that lot. Never travelled on it, but they made away days a little more interesting than most. Anyhoo, i don't think the flag saw the second half.

Personally, as i've argued before, I've no problem with any flag so long as it's red, black and yellow. Though if i was to bring one myself, i'd probably avoid any design that could carry an alternative connotation to being flown for the purpose of the advancement of Jaggydom. That includes saltires and lions rampant.

:fan:

I remember this distinctly. The guys with the flag's argument was that Thistle had an english player at the time. Can't remember his name, but i recall this was correct. Don't think they were BNP or NF or owt like that, more just NGE hingers on thinking that the union flag made them look tougher.

Your right about the Maryhill bus boys giving them a bit of a talking too. God I miss that lot. Never travelled on it, but they made away days a little more interesting than most. Anyhoo, i don't think the flag saw the second half.

Personally, as i've argued before, I've no problem with any flag so long as it's red, black and yellow. Though if i was to bring one myself, i'd probably avoid any design that could carry an alternative connotation to being flown for the purpose of the advancement of Jaggydom. That includes saltires and lions rampant.

How about the German flag? Or the Belgian one? Both obviously nationalistic and therefore political, with people opposed to what they stand for.

Go too far down that line and there aren't very many designs left, other than yon daft checkerboard affair.

:huh:

What's wrong with Scots in Scotland flying their country's flag(s)?

:huh:

What's wrong with Scots in Scotland flying their country's flag(s)?

How about the German flag? Or the Belgian one? Both obviously nationalistic and therefore political, with people opposed to what they stand for.

Go too far down that line and there aren't very many designs left, other than yon daft checkerboard affair.

AWAY Ya big unimaginative daftie!

Are you old firm in disguise?

AWAY Ya big unimaginative daftie!

Are you old firm in disguise?

The lion rampant is red, yellow and black though. I still don't quite understand what the 'alternative connotations' of flying either that flag or the saltire might be (incidentally, I happen think the big red and yellow saltire that hangs in the north stand looks just great). You never hear of fans in England complaining about St Georges crosses featuring their team's name being taken to club matches.

Oh, and since the Old Firm tend to have an aversion to all things vaguely Scottish I could just as easily fire that question back in your direction. :tongue2:;)

The lion rampant is red, yellow and black though. I still don't quite understand what the 'alternative connotations' of flying either that flag or the saltire might be (incidentally, I happen think the big red and yellow saltire that hangs in the north stand looks just great). You never hear of fans in England complaining about St Georges crosses featuring their team's name being taken to club matches.

Oh, and since the Old Firm tend to have an aversion to all things vaguely Scottish I could just as easily fire that question back in your direction. :tongue2:;)

Officially the lion rampant is the Royal banner of Scotland. And the colours are red, yellow and blue (tongue and claws of the lion). Connotations? One is a royalist? Support the union and Scotland's historical part in uniting the crowns? Or maybe one's just seen it at Scotland games and think it emphasises one's Scottishness, that it defies the status quo and promotes independance or desire for the house of Stewart to be restored on the thone and for the re-instatement of roman catholisism as the faith of state? ... and so on... F*ck knows to me!

Personally, I think that fans of english clubs who carry st.george crosses with their teams name on them show a severe lack of imagination and are just as much missing the point as old firm fans with thier 'jacks and tricolors. They are, i suggest, with or without the intention so to do, encouraging the rise of phenomena such as the EDL and mob nationalism which I see no need for in club football at domestic or european competition.

Similarly the saltire has nationalistic connotations. As i said previously, I have no real problems so long as the flags are red, black and yellow. I agree the north stand looks great. But i would find myself a bit hypocritical if i were to ignore or accept the Scottishness of a red and yellow saltire yet denounce or despise the britishness of a red black and yellow union jack.

We have a team to represent Scotland. I've seen them play many times. It's not Partick Thistle. Yes, we are a scottish team, but any sevco fan will tell you they are british and celtic fans can wallow in their irish routes all they want. All I'm sayin is, it's not for me. Couldn't give a flyin f*ck if we can still rise now and be a nation again. I'd rather Thistle won the league and the cup.

Know? :fan: