Cheers For Rounding Off My Trip In Style

Cardiff1927

were we singing that at McNeil? has he suddenly grown long hair or something lol?

McNeil looked like he had dressed for a bet. There's nothing wrong with being a fat, scruffy 'keeper - Andy Goram and, since we are on a Welsh theme, Neville Southall were both excellent goalkeepers in their day. But being fat and scruffy doesn't quite work when you are shite as well!

I enjoyed seeing so many Welsh fans at the game, especially as it compensated for Livvy's pitiful away support. I was also left wondering what kind of impact Chris Erskine would have had in the previous evening's game!

McNeil looked like he had dressed for a bet. There's nothing wrong with being a fat, scruffy 'keeper - Andy Goram and, since we are on a Welsh theme, Neville Southall were both excellent goalkeepers in their day. But being fat and scruffy doesn't quite work when you are shite as well!

I enjoyed seeing so many Welsh fans at the game, especially as it compensated for Livvy's pitiful away support. I was also left wondering what kind of impact Chris Erskine would have had in the previous evening's game!

Personally I think our back four would have had more of an impact .. we (Scotland) are really weak at the back. I don't know why the management aren't looking at the SPL/SFL for a good young centre back pairing. It would be hard to find worse than Caldwell/Berra (Webster was better in his day but is past it now) and a centreback pairing who play together week in week out would surely be an improvement even if they weren't international class. (Though I think Muirhead will be if he continues to develop). Not saying Erskine wouldn't be better than a lot of the other guys who played, just pointing out Scotland team's worst deficiency.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Thanks for coming to the Theatre of Dreams lads. You are more than welcome anytime. How about suggesting to your club that you play us in a pre season friendly!

The club do things their own way and don't listen to the fans in the slightest. This red bollocks the prime example of that. :(

But can defo see us getting back for a game. We loved Glasgow as a city aswell as the footy on the Saturday (and Friday night!. Me and my mate are in Edinburgh wed 1st May for a night. Don't happen to be playing there that night do you?

Personally I think our back four would have had more of an impact .. we (Scotland) are really weak at the back. I don't know why the management aren't looking at the SPL/SFL for a good young centre back pairing. It would be hard to find worse than Caldwell/Berra (Webster was better in his day but is past it now) and a centreback pairing who play together week in week out would surely be an improvement even if they weren't international class. (Though I think Muirhead will be if he continues to develop). Not saying Erskine wouldn't be better than a lot of the other guys who played, just pointing out Scotland team's worst deficiency.

I completely agree. Scotland's defence, particularly its centre, is very weak at the moment, and I genuinely think that Muirhead, if he can carry on improving as a player, has half a chance of earning international recognition one day. He already has the makings of a top class centre-half: composure, good postional sense, physicality, a decent turn of pace. Put it this way, I would be surprised if Muirhead was playing First Division football for very much longer, regardless of which division Thistle begin next season. Let's just hope he remains with us for a while yet.

O'Donnell and Sinclair have an outside chance too; in the case of the latter his chances would be enhanced greatly if he could learn how to cross a ball acurately, because he can do just about everything else you could want from a full-back.

Hey Cardiff1927 !! Were you among the Taffs that were in the Woodside for a pint around 2.15 ? Told you thay you would see a real game at last !! didnt quite expect such a good scoreline but happy days all round then , wasnt it ? Would be good to come down your way sometime and watch your team , and dare I say that I was well pleased to see a welsh side win an English trophy , even though it was Swansea !!!

I completely agree. Scotland's defence, particularly its centre, is very weak at the moment, and I genuinely think that Muirhead, if he can carry on improving as a player, has half a chance of earning international recognition one day. He already has the makings of a top class centre-half: composure, good postional sense, physicality, a decent turn of pace. Put it this way, I would be surprised if Muirhead was playing First Division football for very much longer, regardless of which division Thistle begin next season. Let's just hope he remains with us for a while yet.

O'Donnell and Sinclair have an outside chance too; in the case of the latter his chances would be enhanced greatly if he could learn how to cross a ball acurately, because he can do just about everything else you could want from a full-back.

Peter Houston was on Sportsound Extra on Saturday night, and stated that while he was in charge at Dundee United, he had looked at all the Central Defenders in the 1st division, and thought that none of them were good enough to play in the SPL.

Peter Houston was on Sportsound Extra on Saturday night, and stated that while he was in charge at Dundee United, he had looked at all the Central Defenders in the 1st division, and thought that none of them were good enough to play in the SPL.

that will be y he is currently unemployed then!

That might be the guy who keeps giving excuses for not being able to sustain his team without a bigger budget (and bigger wage for himself). Oh, no he couldn't save money by signing division one players, "they're just not good enough". As thornwoodjag said, that'll be why he's out of work.