Livingston Plans (Esp Train)

alx

You should work in tourism mate. You make visiting one of the biggest dumps in the cosmos sound almost palatable.

You appear to have missed the point. I'm not asking anyone to move here, I'm helping out fellow Jags fans. Strange post, I presume not from a Thistle fan (FYI a team called Partick Thistle are playing in a final in Livingston).

You appear to have missed the point. I'm not asking anyone to move here, I'm helping out fellow Jags fans. Strange post, I presume not from a Thistle fan (FYI a team called Partick Thistle are playing in a final in Livingston).

I didn't miss the point at all mate. I was complementing you on providing useful information,

Anybody actually going by train?

Yep.

All of which has given me some food for thought.

Is the frequency of Sunday trains between Glasgow and Embra(stopping at Livvy South) the same as it is on a normal day of the week?

I was googling about it and found a forum from Livingston people( from 2009, I must say) moaning about the lack of trains stopping at Livingston stations on a Sunday.

Yep.

Is the frequency of Sunday trains between Glasgow and Embra(stopping at Livvy South) the same as it is on a normal day of the week?

I was googling about it and found a forum from Livingston people( from 2009, I must say) moaning about the lack of trains stopping at Livingston stations on a Sunday.

Haven't time to double check, SJ, but fairly certain trains from Queen St will be every half hour. Trains returning direct are I think on the hour from Livi North

Yep.

Livi North is more frequent, a few years ago we missed the train from Livi South by seconds, it was 2 hours until the next one, we drank our carry outs at the station with some local young bams with whom we were sharing stories about the big city, it was the kind of reaction I would expext if I uncovered a new tribe in the Amazon basin. We wished them the best and hoped they would be able to move away to better themselves and went to the Chinese restaurant which was the only thing nearby. They served us one pint before realising letting a group of guys use it as a pub was pissing off the locals out for a romantic evening in one of the most depressing eateries known to man. We then got tipped off to some sort of hotel or golf club down a country lane which was actually alright but by this point I was sozzled and don't really remember much about, I may have just imagined the last bit.

• Like 2

That´s great news then.

I hate to fly to Glasgow these days. The gap in time between my flight to Stansted and the flight from there to Glasgow is minimal. Last time out( Dunfermline at home) I had less than an hour to change from arrival check out to get into the boarding area.

Edinburgh would be a much better option. Last season, Falkirk away in March, I remember having 3 hours to spare as the flight wasn´t departing until 7pm. Here´s hoping the Bairns get promoted next season as it´s my favourite away trip, if only for easing my travelling schedule.

That´s great news then.

I hate to fly to Glasgow these days. The gap in time between my flight to Stansted and the flight from there to Glasgow is minimal. Last time out( Dunfermline at home) I had less than an hour to change from arrival check out to get into the boarding area.

Edinburgh would be a much better option. Last season, Falkirk away in March, I remember having 3 hours to spare as the flight wasn´t departing until 7pm. Here´s hoping the Bairns get promoted next season as it´s my favourite away trip, if only for easing my travelling schedule.

Livingston South trip offers better views of the hinterland of South Lanarkshire, but you really want to go to the North one mate.

Livi North is more frequent, a few years ago we missed the train from Livi South by seconds, it was 2 hours until the next one, we drank our carry outs at the station with some local young bams with whom we were sharing stories about the big city, it was the kind of reaction I would expext if I uncovered a new tribe in the Amazon basin. We wished them the best and hoped they would be able to move away to better themselves and went to the Chinese restaurant which was the only thing nearby. They served us one pint before realising letting a group of guys use it as a pub was pissing off the locals out for a romantic evening in one of the most depressing eateries known to man. We then got tipped off to some sort of hotel or golf club down a country lane which was actually alright but by this point I was sozzled and don't really remember much about, I may have just imagined the last bit.

******* brilliant story.

Livingston South trip offers better views of the hinterland of South Lanarkshire, but you really want to go to the North one mate.

There´s few things in life that I enjoy more than travelling through Scotland by train.

Two days before the final, my intention is watching Caley v St.Johnstone. I´m not only looking forward to the game, I´m looking forward to the train trip as well!

Most of us Livi punters see a visit to Livi South in the same way. The pub would've been the Bankton House Hotel.

Dont forget, most of us are Glasgow overspill.