Lets Wait Until We Win It.

Auld Jag

We have now got ourselves into poll position in the league,but some on this forum are talkining as if we have won it.We have a very difficult game tomorrow and if we were to lose and Morton win against Airdrie on Saturday we are down to only one point in it.I feel which ever one of us dont go up they will struggle for a few years as they will probably lose thier best players and have a hangover and suffer a downturn in crowds.So lets wait until we win the league before we start talking about next season and hopefully we will see Morton fans having to eat some humble pie before this season is over.

• Like 2

We have now got ourselves into poll position in the league,but some on this forum are talkining as if we have won it.We have a very difficult game tomorrow and if we were to lose and Morton win against Airdrie on Saturday we are down to only one point in it.I feel which ever one of us dont go up they will struggle for a few years as they will probably lose thier best players and have a hangover and suffer a downturn in crowds.So lets wait until we win the league before we start talking about next season and hopefully we will see Morton fans having to eat some humble pie before this season is over.

Well said! Lets just concentrate on the next game.

Agree with Lindau. Tomorrow night's game at Kirkcaldy is massive as the added psychological benefit of a win would be huge prior to the QOS/Morton double header (and in case Dunfermline don't make it to end of season). Having achieved the superb 6 points at Cowdenbeath, this to me feels like the first in a series of cup finals, there is so much at stake for the club's financial future. Although nothing will be decided by tomorrow's result, my stomach is already churning in anticipation!

Edited by weebaldie
  • Like 1

Agree with Lindau. Tomorrow night's game at Kirkcaldy is massive as the added psychological benefit of a win would be huge prior to the QOS/Morton double header (and in case Dunfermline don't make it to end of season). Having achieved the superb 6 points at Cowdenbeath, this to me feels like the first in a series of cup finals, there is so much at stake for the club's financial future. Although nothing will be decided by tommorow's result, my stomach is already churning in anticipation!

Dunfy press conference at noon tomorrow with steering group, administrator and sponsor, sounds hopeful.

but some on this forum are talkining as if we have won it..

So lets wait until we win the league before we start talking about next season

Considering the thread title are you including yourself in the 'some on this forum'? Shouldn't it be 'if we win the league' rather than 'until' if preaching to others about their confidence?

What has happened over the last 6 days, has allowed our players the luxury of dropping down a gear or two for the upcoming league matches. The fact that we got what amounts to a 9 point boost, along with the fact that we look unbeatable at the moment, means that we will be crowned league champions soon.

I know, its not the "Thistle" way of doing things, but could anything we have done this season, be classed as the "Thistle" way of doing it? This team, is about as far removed from being "Thistle", as we have had in the last 40 odd years, so I'm sorry if some cant handle it, but we are by far the best team in this league, and we are going to win it. You will just have to deal with it, and the sooner you do, the better you will feel watching the rest of the season.

Partick Thistle Football Club, 1st Division Champions 2013-14 :happy2::frantic::thumbsup2:

• Members

What has happened over the last 6 days, has allowed our players the luxury of dropping down a gear or two for the upcoming league matches.

No, no, no! The last thing the players want to do is drop down a gear because once you let up it can be hugely difficult to pick yourself back up again in time. Just look at Morton. They must have got into a state where they thought it doesn't matter if they go a couple of goals behind, they'll just catch it back up again. At some point there was always going to be a time when they couldn't claw it back, it must be totally exhausting mentally for them doing it week after week. Much easier just to keep plugging away at full pelt until you batter the opposition into submission as we have done successfully for most of the season.

Keep going lads!

• Like 1

Considering the thread title are you including yourself in the 'some on this forum'? Shouldn't it be 'if we win the league' rather than 'until' if preaching to others about their confidence?

I do not think we have won the league.Morton were 8pts ahead of us although we had 3games in hand.So it is by no means over yet.I am not preaching to anyone.We have had Morton fans on this forum talking as if they had already won the title and some of our fans were doing the same.

Worst scenario is losing tonight, then losing on Sunday, which given the fact that Morton are expected to thrash Airdrie, would make the match against Morton a bit of a league decider. It´d be a hard match to be played on the back of a cup final defeat.

But never we should expect Thistle to get beaten in three consecutive matches, not after what the players have done over the last month or so.

Let´s get all of this match by match, as we´ve done recently.