Favourite Memory Of The Lambie Era

LambieIsGod

I remember a midweek league cup(?) game, it was p*ssing down and I remember Lambie had on this newish looking light coloured raincoat. There was this giant inflatable coke bottle sitting at the entrance to the tunnel(when we had a proper stadium) and obviously the maestro's tactics had gone somewhat astray, at which point he decided to give the said bottle a wellie. End result, as I'm sure you've guessed was that the inflatable bottle knocked over Lambie into a puddle. I'm pretty sure we got well humped by Celtic that evening, but seeing Lambie being bowled over by a coke bottle was a scream.

I shouldn't really fess up to this but stuff it. The Love St league winning game is most memorable for me. I was limping up the stairs at Love St with a sore lump in the hawma's. I knew fine well that it could be dodgy but I thought 'there's no way I'm going to hospital before such a big thistle match'. So I went to the doctors on the monday after the game and got the bad news!!! I've been discharged from the Beatson for years now so the gamble paid off and I've got a belter of an anecdote.

I was just thinking. At the Sellic they always go on about how many of Martin O'Neil's players have become managers.

Have a look at this list of Lambie boys who have gone in to management:

Gerry Britton

Danny Lennon

Alan Archibald

Scott Paterson

Davie Irons

Jim Duffy

Allan Moore

Have I missed any out?

I was just thinking. At the Sellic they always go on about how many of Martin O'Neil's players have become managers.

Have a look at this list of Lambie boys who have gone in to management:

Gerry Britton

Danny Lennon

Alan Archibald

Scott Paterson

Davie Irons

Jim Duffy

Allan Moore

Have I missed any out?

Tenuous, but Andy Gibson(ex-Aberdeen) was joint manager at Cu*ter last season :innocent2:

Chic and Mark McNally are assisting Duffs and Rat-face respectively.

Edited by jagfox

I shouldn't really fess up to this but stuff it. The Love St league winning game is most memorable for me. I was limping up the stairs at Love St with a sore lump in the hawma's. I knew fine well that it could be dodgy but I thought 'there's no way I'm going to hospital before such a big thistle match'. So I went to the doctors on the monday after the game and got the bad news!!! I've been discharged from the Beatson for years now so the gamble paid off and I've got a belter of an anecdote.

In another thread a bloke said he'd give his left baw to see the Jags win the league.....

You almost did!

That's dedication...:-)

I took my 4 year old to her first game at Firhill, v's Raith Rovers. The game finished 1 - 0 to Thistle. My daughter was sitting on my knee when we scored and as I punched the air to celebrate I smacked her in the face. Fast forward a year or two and my son was the mascot for Thistle against Hibs. Pre match we got to meet Lambie in his office and he asked my daughter if she enjoyed the football, I explained the first time she went she got a smack in the face when we scored to which Lambie replied, "I hope you smack her a couple of times today then" :happy3: She was lucky, we got beat 1- 0. Great day though.

My favourite memory of Lambie...

I have been a Jags fan for 36 years. Originally from Holyrood Crescent just off Napiershall Street...which in turn is just off Maryhill Road.

My family moved to Livingston when I was 16 and I thought my life was over lol....It almost was a few years later. I was diagnosed with cancer in my early 20's and faced a tough time ahead. There was a lady at my work who knew I was a mad Jags fan and was always telling me she lived close to Lambie and that they were family friends. To cut a very long story short she told John about this young lad at her work who was fit and healthy one minute and then facing losing his kidneys to cancer the next...and that I never stopped going on about how the Jags were the greatest football team etc.

She turned up at my house with some other folks from work and presented me white a white Jags away playing top...signed with all the players of the first team...as arranged by John. To say it lifted my spirits would be an understatement!!!

I did lose one kidney to cancer but six weeks later I was back at work and have had no health problems since.

So my memory is not a football one...but a deeply personal one which shows that the 'gaffer' has a sensitive side!

• Like 3

Remember standing on the terracing / bing and a group of fans were gathered down the front with one of them being very abusive towards the players, turned out it was our very own JL watching it from our perspective. Apparently he said to the gathering throng " I don`t know why you pay to watch this pish." CLASS !