Irn Bru - Youth Money

Peter McLindu

Was looking at the youth results and remembered about the competition, If my memory serves me we finished top which meant we received 7k for our youth "academy" , got a mate in the youth team and he says he doesn't know anything about it , Anyone have any ideas ?

IIRC we won £7k for "youth development" which at the time the Club indicated they'd use to bring on more players on whatever they call YTS contracts nowadays.

Was looking at the youth results and remembered about the competition, If my memory serves me we finished top which meant we received 7k for our youth "academy" , got a mate in the youth team and he says he doesn't know anything about it , Anyone have any ideas ?

Why should he know anything about it? Wouldn't do much for some lads' confidences to know they were only in the squad because we scraped up an extra £7K.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Winning this money is a massive boost to our plans for Youth Development. We've just recently signed up six of last season's under 17 team and we have high hopes for each of them and we want there to be a steady stream of young players coming through our youth structure and into the first team in years to come. This money will help with that objective.

I realise the quote's attributed to John Henry, who left a month or so later but I can't imagine Ian Cameron saying anything different.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett