What Away Day Are You Looking Forward To Most Next Season?

Yellow & Redneck

Only one I've not been to in the SPL is New St Mirren Park. But looking forward to sampling the new away end up at Dingwall.

I forgot Dingwall will be no standing. That stand behind the goals looks like you would end up watching the game through the goal net.

Really forward to a trip to Aberdeen! The good thing is all the trips will be easily done by train and as long as you buy far enough in advance should be fairly cheap.

The best thing about next season's away days is that they are all reasonably sized places (except Dingwall) as opposed to non entity small town wilderness griefholes like Kirkcaldy, Cowdenbeath, Hamilton, Greenock, Livingston, Airdrie, Dumbarton, etc.

For some reason I have never been to Easter Road or Pittodrie and of course the new St Midden ground. Aberdeen should be a good one, we've got a few mates who are Aberdeen fans (essentially glory hunters with parents who didn't let them go to the Old Firm and the Dons were doing well when my age group started getting into football). Edinburgh away days should be cracking.

The only rubbish away day is Perth, although the town itself is actually alright for pubs it's a pain in the hoop to get out to the ground and particularly to get back from it.

Pedantry alert :) but Livingston, Hamilton and Kirkcaldy are bigger (in population terms) than Kilmarnock, Perth, Inverness and Motherwell. Greenock and Airdrie actually have larger populations than Motherwell (although Motherwell trumps them if you add Wishaw - but then in the interest of fairness you'd have to add the Port, Gourock and Greenock together).

Here's a list of this seasons prices (copied from P&B).

Aberdeen - Adults: £23, Concessions: £17, Under 12s: £9

Celtic - Adults: £29, Concessions: £17

Dundee - Adults: £20, Concessions: £10

Dundee Utd - FP upper - Adult: £22, Concessions: £12

FP lower (and Shed) - Adult £20, Concessions: £10 - Student gate only valid in FP lower.

Hearts - Category A matches: Adult: £30, Concession: £22, U18: £20

Category B matches: Adult: £19, Concession: £15, U18: £10

Hibernian - Adults: £22, Concessions: £12

Inverness CT - Adults: £21, Concessions (+65, 12-25): £16, U12: £!0

Kilmarnock - Adults: £22, Concessions: £15, Under 12s (accompanied by adult): £5.

v Celtic: Adults: £26, Concessions: £17, Under 12s: £10

Motherwell - Adults: £22, Concessions: £15, Juveniles: £12, Familes: £28

Ross County - Adults: £20, Concessions: £12, Under 16s: £10

St Johnstone - West Stand - Adults: £24, +65s: £14, 13-18: £13, U12s: FREE!

North Stand - Adults: £23, +65s: £12, 13-18: £12, U12s: FREE!

St Mirren - Adults: £20, Concessions, £10

Appreciate that for those folk with kids then the SPL is a fair hike up in price from SFL1, but if you're making a day of a trip to -say- Edinburgh, you're not going to notice an extra fiver over the course of the day given what you might be likely to spend in the pubs & eateries. Or I'm not anyway.

New St Mirren and Elgin remain the only two senior grounds in Scotland I've not seen Thistle at so the first one of them is getting ticked off next year. Will probably try and go to all the others once except maybe Parkhead (crap view, treated like crap and surrounded by crap) and Perth (just an awful away day) depending on when in the season the games are.

none. too long in the tooth. been to them all. the Jags are the only team who will get my money. not looking forward to the spl, think the first is the most exciting division in Scotland.

aye and the hardest to get out of..whats not to look forward to??? we've been away far too long! THE SLEEPING GIANTS RETURN :happy2:

It's good that the vast majority of people are looking forward to life in the SPL. And seeing the quality of some of the bottom 6 teams this season, I don't think it's outwith us to survive comfortably.

Will be eagerly anticipating the fixture list coming out. Would love to play at home on opening day, but failing that, Utd away!

It's good that the vast majority of people are looking forward to life in the SPL. And seeing the quality of some of the bottom 6 teams this season, I don't think it's outwith us to survive comfortably.

Will be eagerly anticipating the fixture list coming out. Would love to play at home on opening day, but failing that, Utd away!

The 1st division champions tend to be at home on the 1st day of the season in the SPL. Last team not to be were St Mirren in 2006.

• Members

Says the guy old enough to remember the days of watching your local team when thistle were away from home.

I can confidently say I never ever went to see my local team (Celtic) play when the Jags were away. If I wasn't playing football, I went to watch Thistle reserves at Firhill.

It's good that the vast majority of people are looking forward to life in the SPL.

We're all just relieved to get away from Fife!

The 1st division champions tend to be at home on the 1st day of the season in the SPL. Last team not to be were St Mirren in 2006.

That's rubbish. I thought every champion got to be at home for the first game to unveil the flag. What happened with the Buddies?

Plenty of tractor drivers last Sunday surely?

Alas, I was one of the few ST holders not able to make it. Still gutted, even though we were awful.

What's the status of the Killie rivalry? It used to be pretty fierce when I went to away games more regularly, circa 1993.

Was too young to go to a lot of away games when we were last in the SPL will try to get to must of them.

Dingwall, Inverness, or Perth won't be high on my list as I've been to them plenty over the years.

Would love to see us at least once at Celtic and looking forward to Dundee Utd and Killie away. Got a lot of mates in Edinburgh so a game then a night out in the capital seems a perfect way to spend a Saturday.