What Away Day Are You Looking Forward To Most Next Season?

Yellow & Redneck

After a lot of new threads in the past day or so, I was in two minds to start this one. But these opportunities don't come all to often, so what the heck?

So, with us being on the brink of SPL football, what away day are you looking forward to most next season? Despite the obvious trip to Celtic Park, I'm looking forward to Aberdeen. One of the very few stadiums I have yet to visit so that should be a great day out.

It has also just dawned on me that we will be included in next seasons installment of Fifa 14, so one way or another, we will be winning the SPL next season! :thumbsup:

Hibs.

All the Hibbess at work have been going on for weeks about us getting promoted so they can have a proper game to visit in Glasgow without going to the OF. So the return visit through their will be mental :)

Failing that the old favourites of Inverness and Dingwall :D

Hibs.

All the Hibbess at work have been going on for weeks about us getting promoted so they can have a proper game to visit in Glasgow without going to the OF. So the return visit through their will be mental :)

Failing that the old favourites of Inverness and Dingwall :D

I won't return to Easter Road for a league game due to the 'second vote'. I've pretty much binned away games anyway - I'll definitely go to NSMP as it's the only SPL / SLF ground I haven't been to - probably Fir Park and Rugby Park as well.

good post, had sort of forgot about the away days we'll have next year.never been to new st midden park so that will be one to tick off the list. Inverness,County, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen will be good. Last 2 times up at County I've had free hospitality as my Uncle works with a company who has a table at every home game. all the drink you can pour down your neck for fuk aw! a wee trip to brewdog in Aberdeen and Eburgh will be on the cards. trips to Porkheid, Mwell, Killie,St Johnstone, DUTD don't really excite me though.

I'm only thankful we don't have to go to Crappielow next season !! so , all the SPHell grounds will be good , although the 3 Highland away games will suit me best coz of the travelling, and yes , good post Y&R !!

Am working in Aberdeen !! Does that make me a nomad ???

Edited by Harry Wragg

Whatever charges a reasonable concession price (hopefully all of them)!

I might be doing some HE next year to supplement something I did a few years back; so I could be a student again for the purpose of SPL away games. Not sure though if English student status would be recognised by SPL clubs.

On another note, and despite last Sunday and all that, I'd like to see QotS do a promotion double and join us in the SPL 2014/15 ahead of 5088 rovers' attempt to get into the big time - reconstruction permitting. I've fair missed my days out at Palmerston this year, although not complaining too much!

Looking forward to all of them, its been too long. We have local rivalries to re-awake with K*ll*e, The Saints and Motherwell. Good days out and close for the majority of Thistle fans.

Couple of Tayside trips to Perth (zzzzz) and Tannadice( that'll be interesting).

Trips up north to Dingwall, Inverness and Aberdeen will be quality, hopefully not midweek in December or January mind.

Edinburgh is good for a day out, always remember good crowds heading through, especially Tynecastle. Easter Road always seemed a hard place to go and Johnny Flood broke his leg there in a cup game back in 91? :(

Then we have Celtic, it will be nice for me to see us play there in the all new stadium.

So overall nothing to fear on or off the park.

So most looking forward to Killie, least inspired with Perth, but I'll be there :D

Edited by jagfox

Tannadice. Apologies if i'm going over old ground here but even though time has proved we are better off without jackie snake eyes and I should rise above the whole saga being a responsible adult I really can't wait to give the wee a*sehole pelters as many times as I can!!!

Edited by lewcal

The hike in prices from First Division to SPL means I'm not particularly looking forward to any of them as much as I ought to. Parkhead is shite on all fronts, from pricing to stewarding to the view of the pitch itself. Well worth it if you can win though. McDiarmid, Tannadice and even Pittodrie these days are all soulless hellholes. The best for me would be St Mirren Park which is rather handy, and I've also always loved going to Tynecastle, but I don't know how deflated the place has become these days due to the financial mess at Hearts. Firhill > all of them.

I have to admit, I'll be a bit of a glory hunter when considering away trips next season. Its going to be very expensive so sensible only travelling to venues where I think we can win...

So, on that basis; Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United, Ross County, Inverness, Hearts, St. Johnstone, Motherwell, St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Hibs will be the only away trips for me next season.

:evil:

• Like 1

Aberdeen for me....unsurprisingly.

Easy travel , ten mins from my house, loads of local boozers and I can force all my mates to come along and be temporary Jags fans for the day....although most have already had a trip to Firhill.

I also have a few Dons in the family and it will be nice to score when we want and then take the piss.

• Like 1