If We Clinch It On Saturday

Hit The Bar

Brass Monkey for me, a few pints of Budvar :drink2: (ok I know that looks more like guiness, but you get the idea)

Just around the corner from the Brass Monkey (and so glad it's no the Two Ways anymore but...)

You never know what they are going to charge you!! - hiked the prices for the v Cowdenbeath semi on BBC Alba.

Thistle minded pub, but watch out.

Just around the corner from the Brass Monkey (and so glad it's no the Two Ways anymore but...)

You never know what they are going to charge you!! - hiked the prices for the v Cowdenbeath semi on BBC Alba.

Thistle minded pub, but watch out.

Nope. Sorry. Not having that.

The Brass Monkey is my pub & I can quite categorically deny & indeed rubbish this.

Our prices are fixed. We have promos on Sunday-Thursday, but there is no way that I would do anything like the above. We absolutely did not 'hike the prices' at any point. We have lots of mobbed nights due to SECC etc, but the prices remain the same. To suggest that I 'hiked' the prices for a Thistle match is personally insulting & I'm really surprised & disappointed that this lie has been posted on the forum.

If you would like further clarification, please PM me & I'd be happy to meet & discuss our pricing policy & illustrate extremely clearly how we never, and would never, do such a thing.

The Brass Monkey had a good core of Jags fans - something I was keen to encourage since day 1 - and there is no way I would do anything to jeopardise this. Indeed, our recent Ramsden's Cup Final deal made us very little money, but, I hope, provided a great day out for fans without breaking the bank.

Sorry for the rant, but posting something as untrue as this is potentially damaging to my business & I simply won't stand for it.

• Like 14

Nope. Sorry. Not having that.

The Brass Monkey is my pub & I can quite categorically deny & indeed rubbish this.

Our prices are fixed. We have promos on Sunday-Thursday, but there is no way that I would do anything like the above. We absolutely did not 'hike the prices' at any point. We have lots of mobbed nights due to SECC etc, but the prices remain the same. To suggest that I 'hiked' the prices for a Thistle match is personally insulting & I'm really surprised & disappointed that this lie has been posted on the forum.

If you would like further clarification, please PM me & I'd be happy to meet & discuss our pricing policy & illustrate extremely clearly how we never, and would never, do such a thing.

The Brass Monkey had a good core of Jags fans - something I was keen to encourage since day 1 - and there is no way I would do anything to jeopardise this. Indeed, our recent Ramsden's Cup Final deal made us very little money, but, I hope, provided a great day out for fans without breaking the bank.

Sorry for the rant, but posting something as untrue as this is potentially damaging to my business & I simply won't stand for it.

GPT it is important that I do this publicly and set the record straight.

Here's what I should have said, this after all, is a Thistle forum and not Trip Adviser:

We are on the brink of a great victory.

Worthy of a great celebration.

There are too few Thistle pubs around.

All Thistle fans should support those few there are.

The Brass Monkey is one of them (my local one).

Finnieston/Anderston/Sandyford Jags should be there after Saturday's game.

I was wrong to say there was price hike for the Cowdenbeath game.

I should have said, until the Cowdenbeath game I dropped in regularly (roughly once or twice a week after work).

They had a good offering and good service.

I have no evidence that prices were hiked at the Cowdenbeath game as I haven't been back in since.

I was charged more that Sunday afternoon, each time I bought a drink, for the same drinks, than on the Thursday and Friday evenings of the week before.

Thinking back this was, however, by the same member of staff (whom after the first overcharge I did try to avoid but fortunately it was so busy with Jags fans it was hard to get to the bar let alone get served).

I'm glad to hear now that this was not policy.

The Brass Monkey is a Thistle pub.

Edited by l'escardot
  • Like 1

GPT it is important that I do this publicly and set the record straight.

Here's what I should have said, this after all, is a Thistle forum and not Trip Adviser:

We are on the brink of a great victory.

Worthy of a great celebration.

There are too few Thistle pubs around.

All Thistle fans should support those few there are.

The Brass Monkey is one of them (my local one).

Finnieston/Anderston/Sandyford Jags should be there after Saturday's game.

I was wrong to say there was price hike for the Cowdenbeath game.

I should have said, until the Cowdenbeath game I dropped in regularly (roughly once or twice a week after work).

They had a good offering and good service.

I have no evidence that prices were hiked at the Cowdenbeath game as I haven't been back in since.

I was charged more that Sunday afternoon, each time I bought a drink, for the same drinks, than on the Thursday and Friday evenings of the week before.

Thinking back this was, however, by the same member of staff (whom after the first overcharge I did try to avoid but fortunately it was so busy with Jags fans it was hard to get to the bar let alone get served).

I'm glad to hear now that this was not policy.

The Brass Monkey is a Thistle pub.

OK - thanks for clarifying that. I was working the day of the Cowdenbeath game along with my wife & a couple of others. There was absolutely no price hike, but mistakes can happen and for that I apologise as I wasn't aware of any problems.

I'll be there after the Falkirk game tomorrow so fingers crossed we'll have something to (officially) celebrate!

The Brass Monkey is a good pub. The Ramsdens Cup Day was brilliant. A lot of choice in beer and lager department (and also spirits) and the prices are up on a board for even Mr Magoo to see. Good for Thistle fans and also for taking your wife and gf. One of my fave pubs in the whole of Glasgow.

Thanks!

We've now even got fancy wee booklets with every price for everything we sell (took me bleedin' ages) on every table & on the bar, so no excuses!

• Like 1

People really need to think about what they say about pubs and indeed other businesses. This is a family's livliehood we are talking about here. We saw it earlier in the season with the S&G. People basically making things up on the spot that were completely untrue. Glad that GPT was here to set the record straight.

Always thoroughly enjoyed the BM - one of the best selections of premium lager in the city.

Something that really gets my goat is when a bar in Glasgow is described as "a bar straight from New York" etc and that is mainly because I was lucky to live in NYC over 10 years ago and still bang on about it and miss it. BUT The Brass Monkey does have a good vibe and setup that does remind me of something down the East Village or Williamsburg but without the skinny jean wearing, i-book carrying, bearded and fixed gear bike patrons.

• Like 2

People really need to think about what they say about pubs and indeed other businesses. This is a family's livliehood we are talking about here. We saw it earlier in the season with the S&G. People basically making things up on the spot that were completely untrue. Glad that GPT was here to set the record straight.

Always thoroughly enjoyed the BM - one of the best selections of premium lager in the city.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be bathing in it on Saturday night with a big smile on my face!

Something that really gets my goat is when a bar in Glasgow is described as "a bar straight from New York" etc and that is mainly because I was lucky to live in NYC over 10 years ago and still bang on about it and miss it. BUT The Brass Monkey does have a good vibe and setup that does remind me of something down the East Village or Williamsburg but without the skinny jean wearing, i-book carrying, bearded and fixed gear bike patrons.

I loved NYC - went to a pub called The Brass Monkey in the Meatpacking district just before we opened ours - good bar. There's a few bars round us that have such patrons - we've, thankfully, got a cracking group of regulars - if they wore skinny jeans there'd be questions asked... ;-D

Anyway back to the original question. The star are running bus on Saturday and I can guarantee you there will be fair old "Russell Harty" going down when we return. We'll have someone looking out for the team bus coming up Garacube Road as well.

Should be a cracking day out - enjoy! It'd be great to get the players out for a few jars - they deserve it!

I never made anything up.

What I said was not 'completely untrue'.

In an effort not to escalate things (in this a public forum) and to support a Thistle bar I'll PM both you and GPT.

I loved NYC - went to a pub called The Brass Monkey in the Meatpacking district just before we opened ours - good bar. There's a few bars round us that have such patrons - we've, thankfully, got a cracking group of regulars - if they wore skinny jeans there'd be questions asked... ;-D

Yep I know the one in meatpacking district. Was still there last year when I was back for a visit. Good bar both sides of the Atlantic.