Stuart Bannigan

Islay jag

It is a bit poor that has not been updated yet. It's been mentioned more than once before on this forum and usually things get picked up and corrected when that happens but not here. (I'd like to add though that now we're as good as promoted we should be offering him a new 2 or 3 year contract with improved conditions).

In general the OS has been very much improved this year and there seems to be a real effort to try to have at least one real news item on it every day or at least every other day. Well done. However it could still be improved.

There are an unnecessary number of typos for instance - the odd one or two is inevitable but there are usually a lot which doesn't reflect well on the club when outsiders view it. I appreciate it'll be run with minimal staff but all it takes it typing copy into Word and doing a spell-check (and quick scan through) before doing a copy-paste into whatever web-editing system they're using.

Edited by Mr Bunny

• Members

I think Tom Hosie updates parts of the site? Maybe if you let him know, perhaps nobody has contacted him about it. I did suggest to someone at the Club a while back they include a link on the site so that users could report any problems. Haven't looked again since, but maybe it's there now?

I think Tom Hosie updates parts of the site? Maybe if you let him know, perhaps nobody has contacted him about it. I did suggest to someone at the Club a while back they include a link on the site so that users could report any problems. Haven't looked again since, but maybe it's there now?

What about this? It suggests that the team being managed by Kenny Crichton and Gerry Britton.

Alan Archibald's profile has not been updated to include his appointment as manager.

I can't find a profile page for Scott Paterson.

:thumbdown:

Edited by kni

• Members

In the old days, I knew Gordon Peden looked after the official site. When I spotted any mistakes, I'd let Gordon know about them without having to go on the Thistle forum of the time and bring it up there. Gordon generally dealt with the issues if he could.

It's probably as easy to inform the Club than it is to compose a post on any fans forum if we're being honest. If they are informed and do nothing about it, then that's a different matter.

So have you reported all this to the Club Kni?

Why should I do the job of staff who get paid by the club?

The website's content and its accuracy should be a top priority for the Marketing Director (who posts here) and OneThistle.

The website's content and its accuracy should be a top priority for the Marketing Director (who posts here) and OneThistle.

I think the point is that if you alert them to it, they're more likely to update it. Even if someone posts on here it doesn't mean they read every post on every thread.

The website is generally updated by volunteers, so I can understand the odd thing not being completely up to date. If anyone read any of the news stories on the site (of which we're now getting daily or even more frequent reports) you would know who the management team are.

Why should you ! quite right after all thats what they are paid top dollar for isn't it ffs.

If paid at all !

I do despair with some people.

• Like 1

The website, programme and social media (which comprises, for us, Facebook and twitter) are my areas of responsibilities within onethistle and I guess all criticisms should be directed my way. I am fortunate to have some excellent, reliable people assisting with all the above. Then you have the stunning photographic work of Tommy and Donald on the website/facebook/twitter plus Tommy D’s match highlights.

The website, IMO, has come on leaps and bounds from the days of daily criticisms but there are masses of room for improvement; not least with TAG coming into place next season. The Club Directory in particular is way out of date. It’s been on my ‘to do’ list for months but never seems to get to the top of that list. I do need to find something approaching a balance between my Thistle and social life.

I’m chuffed to bits with the advances made with social media. It’s been a revelation to me this season.

I except criticism; it’s most often constructive and helpful. Just for the benefit of clarity though I’ve been working as a volunteer with Thistle from, would you believe, 1992. In that time I’ve not received a single penny in payment from the Club; nor would I accept it were it to be offered. It’s a labour of love and I receive other benefits which I value higher than any cash payment I could receive. The suggestion that I get paid angers me greatly.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow will be a wonderful day of celebration. If it is don’t expect the website to be updated any time on Saturday evening. J

Edited by Tom Hosie
  • Like 10

The website, programme and social media (which comprises, for us, Facebook and twitter) are my areas of responsibilities within onethistle and I guess all criticisms should be directed my way. I am fortunate to have some excellent, reliable people assisting with all the above. Then you have the stunning photographic work of Tommy and Donald on the website/facebook/twitter plus Tommy D’s match highlights.

The website, IMO, has come on leaps and bounds from the days of daily criticisms but there are masses of room for improvement; not least with TAG coming into place next season. The Club Directory in particular is way out of date. It’s been on my ‘to do’ list for months but never seems to get to the top of that list. I do need to find something approaching a balance between my Thistle and social life.

I’m chuffed to bits with the advances made with social media. It’s been a revelation to me this season.

I except criticism; it’s most often constructive and helpful. Just for the benefit of clarity though I’ve been working as a volunteer with Thistle from, would you believe, 1992. In that time I’ve not received a single penny in payment from the Club; nor would I except it were it to be offered. It’s a labour of love and I receive other benefits which I value higher than any cash payment I could receive. The suggestion that I get paid angers me greatly.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow will be a wonderful day of celebration. If it is don’t expect the website to be updated any time on Saturday evening. J

I assume and hope an apology may be coming your way soon Tom.

Top job well appreciated by myself and I'm sure most others to all the people concerned at the club in a volunteer basis or not :thumbsup2:

Edited by Jaggy1967
  • Like 1

My heart was in my mouth when I opened this thread..... Thought it might be to read that Bannigan was offski.

A strong contender for player of the year, I reckon. Competently replaced Sinclair at left-back when required, now basically running the show in midfield. Never ever shirks out of a tackle, covers every blade of grass, wades in with important goals, and gets capped for Scotland.

Perhaps the volunteers also have a life outside of Thistle

The website, like PR and other communications, should be the responsibility of paid staff. The key staff should have access to the content management system to update the site. I have managed websites in professional and voluntary organisations. The key is training and accountability.

Frankly, it beggars belief that our Archie and Shaggy are missing from the management team page. Remember that the media visit the club website to get up-to-date information on the club, its management and players.

Edited by kni

The website, like PR and other communications, should be the responsibility of paid staff. Frankly, it beggars belief that our Archie and Shaggy are missing from the management team page. Remember that the media visit the club website to get up-to-date information on the club, its management and players.

Oh Aye. Kris Doohlan

The website, like PR and other communications, should be the responsibility of paid staff. The key staff should have access to the content management system to update the site. I have managed websites in professional and voluntary organisations. The key is training and accountability.

Frankly, it beggars belief that our Archie and Shaggy are missing from the management team page. Remember that the media visit the club website to get up-to-date information on the club, its management and players.

Do you fancy coming up with the money for these paid staff?

It's already been clarified - Tom Hosie looks after the website as one of many things he does for the club FREE OF CHARGE.

If you think you can do a better job why don't you offer your services to the club?

Always amazes me how people like you are only happy when they have things to moan about.

Tit.

• Like 3

Do you fancy coming up with the money for these paid staff?

It's already been clarified - Tom Hosie looks after the website as one of many things he does for the club FREE OF CHARGE.

If you think you can do a better job why don't you offer your services to the club?

Always amazes me how people like you are only happy when they have things to moan about.

Tit.

It's ridiculous if only one volunteer can update the club's website. Are we a professionally-run business or a charity?

It's ridiculous if only one volunteer can update the club's website. Are we a professionally-run business or a charity?

I'll tell you what's ridiculous.

We can win the league tomorrow, we have the best team in the park in years and the club and fans haven't been this together in decades.

Yet you take this moment to bring up a slightly out of date website?

THAT is ridiculous.

If you want an example of a crap website I suggest you have a look at Morton's.

Otherwise piss off and let the rest of us enjoy the rest of this wonderful season.

• Like 3

What a load of bollocks , the work of the volunteers should never be underestimated

Would you rather we paid a wage to an administrator to do the tasks of volunteers or use the money saved by them to help boost the playing staff.

Well done to all thevolunteers that help the club - you all deserve a big thank you rather than get slated