So Many Good Things With Our Club

jaggyben

I have been a supporter of Partick for 50 or so years always supported from far off Elgin when we got to the ramsdens final decided

that the wife and me would go we got 3 tickets and took my wee grandaugter Kera with us I know the score was a dissappointment

I looked at the support that turned up and was totally overwhelmed old geezers like masel lots and lots of families all out in their

scarves and tops singing and biting their nails at the same time and when we scored it was such a great feeling wont speak about

the penalty shootout fair play to q o s they won met some supporters from q o s before and after the game they were great crack

We were staying down in Glasgow for the week so there was no way we was going to miss the home game against Morton rolled up at

7 oclock at the ground the atmosphere when we saw the crowd getting bigger and the overspillfilling the north stand it was a great

feeling the result was just brilliant my wife now realises why I am consumed with all things Partick Thisle my

granddaughter has got the bug now and wont go out without her beanie ptfc hat and its just such a great time in our house

I have seen some good thiistle sides in the past but none with the fight and determination to dig out a result and none moreso than

when we lost our manager mid season I was stunned when Jackie left couldnae believe he could walk away that easy

Thank you lord he did as up stepped Archie and Scotty who could believe what happened the whole team and supporters just got

behind them still cant believe whats happened all those saturday and midweek games kept coming and so did the wins it was the

best run I can ever remember what a team great decision by the club to make Archies job permanent and now we have won the league

and lets be honest here its what we deserve we have a young strong team that works well all over the pitch going to be sad day when

Cris Erkine leaves I have loved him for years and now hes at his peak hes leaving will miss him but wish him well thanks old pal

Finally can I praise PTFC directors for having the vision to let the kids in for free going to be the best idea ever made by this club

in the two games I saw lots and lots of youngsters all getting behind the team our future looks a lot rosier now thanks to all at

the club for making this happen a very happy jags family celebrating promotion

• Like 10

cracking post man. during the bunnet years me and my bro always said we'll not see the spl for another 20 years. we were that far away, probably further.credit to McCall for signing a few gems, credit to Jackie and Sid for the start we made, it was unbelievable. driving home from the 2-2 Morton game having lost a 2 goal lead, still 8 behind with 3 in hand I thought it was over and Morton had the beating of us. what happened since has been nothing short of a miracle. the players and management have worked wonders. Absolutely delighted, can't wait for next week already. so proud to be a jags fan. these players are legends!

I have been a supporter of Partick for 50 or so years always supported from far off Elgin when we got to the ramsdens final decided

that the wife and me would go we got 3 tickets and took my wee grandaugter Kera with us I know the score was a dissappointment

I looked at the support that turned up and was totally overwhelmed old geezers like masel lots and lots of families all out in their

scarves and tops singing and biting their nails at the same time and when we scored it was such a great feeling wont speak about

the penalty shootout fair play to q o s they won met some supporters from q o s before and after the game they were great crack

We were staying down in Glasgow for the week so there was no way we was going to miss the home game against Morton rolled up at

7 oclock at the ground the atmosphere when we saw the crowd getting bigger and the overspillfilling the north stand it was a great

feeling the result was just brilliant my wife now realises why I am consumed with all things Partick Thisle my

granddaughter has got the bug now and wont go out without her beanie ptfc hat and its just such a great time in our house

I have seen some good thiistle sides in the past but none with the fight and determination to dig out a result and none moreso than

when we lost our manager mid season I was stunned when Jackie left couldnae believe he could walk away that easy

Thank you lord he did as up stepped Archie and Scotty who could believe what happened the whole team and supporters just got

behind them still cant believe whats happened all those saturday and midweek games kept coming and so did the wins it was the

best run I can ever remember what a team great decision by the club to make Archies job permanent and now we have won the league

and lets be honest here its what we deserve we have a young strong team that works well all over the pitch going to be sad day when

Cris Erkine leaves I have loved him for years and now hes at his peak hes leaving will miss him but wish him well thanks old pal

Finally can I praise PTFC directors for having the vision to let the kids in for free going to be the best idea ever made by this club

in the two games I saw lots and lots of youngsters all getting behind the team our future looks a lot rosier now thanks to all at

Truly a Joycean stream of consciousness post...and I feel exactly the same way

Edited by thebiglemon

My grandad supported the jags, my dad supported the jags, I have supported the jags for over 50 years and my son supports the jags. The Lambie years were fantastic but they were successful with experienced, battle hardened pro's. What a joy it is to see this team of hungry youngsters bringing the club back to where we belong. Its like the start of the 1970 McParland era all over again....be fecking spooky if we won the league cup next year...lol!

Edited by Lindau

The Lambie years were fantastic but they were successful with experienced, battle hardened pro's. What a joy it is to see this team of hungry youngsters bringing the club back to where we belong.

This is why I think this is the best promotion I've seen yet (3rd prem league) - Lambie brought in experience, but this team has had to drag itself over the line on skill and enthusiasm.

I genuinely believe that if we can keep the majority of the team together for next year, we can build something for a decade.

Edited by cleveland steamer

It also marks the end of one of the best ever First Division title races only 'cause we were the best team there with Greenock Morton pushing their opponents all the way, having led the league for large parts of the season only 'cause we had a fixture pile up.

MON THE COWDEN FOG MON THE DOOLAN AND THE ERSKINE MON FOXY AND EVRYBODY ELSE MON THE NORTH STAND

MON THE ONLY TEAM IN GLASGOW

well said

Great point about the number of young fans there today. The board do not get enough credit for the u16s for free but today shows we have a new generation of fans brought about largely by the forward thinking of our club.

One team in Glasgow

Absolutely agree. Loved it when the fans started singing the name of the wee asian lad manpreet singh who along with his pals have been solid in their support wae their banners. We stopped them outside the ground and asked them for a pic. They loved it and obviously felt like celebrities. Which they are, wee jag celebs!

More Thistle fans up here in Elgin than I thought!! Great post mate!!