Just In (From The Firhill Cup)

davemains

not really; although I was getting texts from 2 of the boys who were still out celebrating at 3am!

Just a quick note to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped/ playing/ watched yesterday.

The 3rd Firhill Cup has been our most successful ever and by the time we've added DVD sales, Photos and ebay auction we'll have raised £7500.

That's a brilliant achievement by everyone!!!!

Please do check out ebay (user ID thefirhillcup) for more shirts and some very very special Thistle items!

including this ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300896839321?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• Like 1

Just to say, first off, what a brilliant experience getting out on the pitch and immense thanks to Davie and Charlie for getting things sorted and right. A few things from the day - the players. It seems to me to testify to the kind of club we have become that the players, who in a few months will be playing in the SPL, turned up with the league trophy and spent a good amount of time around Firhill chatting and actually enjoying it.

I have to single out one player in particular - Chris Erskine. I shook hands with him and had a wee chat down in the Aitken Suite. He didn't have to be there; he's away in a couple of weeks as we know but he turned up with his missus and wee girl, took time to talk to people and was so happy and proud of what he'd been part of. An absolute role model of a footballer who understands that through a combination of hard work and talent he can pull on a Thistle jersey on a Saturday afternoon. He knows how much he is loved round Firhill, and it means a lot to him, but he understands its a short career and this is his payday. It's his chance to provide a secure future for his family.

There is no shame, and there should be no recrimination, in that. He may be 'the enemy' next year, but he's a professional and he'll do what he has to do. It's our job to piss on his chips big style and make sure the players do as well.

just gone on ebay .....

Done a search for partick thistle and clicked on football shirts and it didn't come up. Found it now after clicking your link, but it might be worth making sure your auctions come up easily in searches to get the best exposure.

Done a search for partick thistle and clicked on football shirts and it didn't come up. Found it now after clicking your link, but it might be worth making sure your auctions come up easily in searches to get the best exposure.

its under auotgraphed / collectables I think ...