Tonights Times-Craig Shocked At Release!

Lindau

First up, I'm a Steven Craig fan but...

If you're playing for a contract, lost your place to a striker who's in the goals, more mobile & lasting longer into games than yourself then you have to make the best use possible of your limited appearances.

That doesn't mean you have to score lots of goals & run around like a headless chicken but you still have to use your brain. I did feel the last few games Craig been going through the motions. When he came on against Raith for last 10mins or so he was caught offside a few times. On one occasion it was almost embarrassing. He was looking along he line waiting for a long ball but wasn't even close to being onside!!

Like I said if that's you trying to impress...

I think Archie probably made the right decision but Craig's goals have gone a long way to getting us to SPL.

If you're playing for a contract, lost your place to a striker who's in the goals, more mobile & lasting longer into games than yourself then you have to make the best use possible of your limited appearances.

That doesn't mean you have to score lots of goals & run around like a headless chicken but you still have to use your brain. I did feel the last few games Craig been going through the motions. When he came on against Raith for last 10mins or so he was caught offside a few times. On one occasion it was almost embarrassing. He was looking along he line waiting for a long ball but wasn't even close to being onside!!

I think Archie probably made the right decision but Craig's goals have gone a long way to getting us to SPL.

I think he had already been told he wouldn't be kept on to be honest. I can understand him losing confidence/motivation as a result as he would have thought for the second year running that he'd be back playing in the SPL again.

The only thing arguable here is the headline a sports subeditor decided to add to give the impression Craig felt he was hard done by. Reading the whole article - which seems to be a rehash of stuff already printed elsewhere - he states he's enjoyed his season with us and the chance he had to play in a promotion winning tea. So no reason for anyone to say more than best of luck Steve.

Jags fans

Who do you fancy as his replacement for next season ?

Stevie May would be on my shortlist if we can afford him. He will, however, not be short of offers. Saints could offer him a new deal. Hibs need to find a prolific replacement for Griffiths.

Pretty sure it was Craig's nifty footwork and cross that set up Lawless's 95th minute equaliser on Saturday. I get your general point though as he does appear to look lazy.

However, his contribution over the season cannot be underestimated, especially during the time that Doolan was injured. He's been a great signing and I wish him all the best in his future career (except if it is against us)

I'm gutted for the guy, he couldn't have done much more for a contract. Anything Doolan has done this season I feel Craig has matched. So this comes solely down to his age imo, if he was 5 years younger he'd probably have been signed on a pre-contract by Dundee United by now. It won't happen but I'd love to see him signed by an SPL team, he should definitely get another solid 1st Division team though, ie Morton/ Dundee/ Falkirk. Best of luck to the Son of Joe.