Steven Craig

The Arch

It's always a shame when this starts to happen but that's football. Steven was probably one of our higher earners. He won,t be without a club for long that's for sure. Made a huge contribution this year- with some key goals at really important times eg home to raith. Very classy player who has had a great career and wouldn't,t be surprised did he is part of a team challenging for promotion next season- maybe has just lost a yard of pace for the SPL.

Thanks for all your efforts Steven. Respect.

i can understand this and i would expect others to follow.....cant see elliott or mcguigan cutting it in the SPL either for example....and others are question marks at that level eg sinclair and balatoni

the managers job is to put a better team on the park next year and that means making tough calls

but lets all thanks steven as he played a big part in getting us up

Conrad or Sinclair deserve their chance next year. Remember this is a defence that until yesterday had only lost 4 goals in around a dozen matches!

Hope Steven Craig didn't, find this out in the boozer last night!

Will this mean he won,t be on the Spanish end of season training bash.

.and others are question marks at that level eg sinclair and balatoni

Think that is very harsh....these two have been standouts all season, however I do agree that Sinky needs to brush up a few aspects of his game...like eh, crossing the ball!! As for Craig, he did what he was brought in to do and did it well. If rumours are true looks like Brian Graham is lined up as the replacement and I wont complain about that though my preference would be that the club tried to get Rory McAllister to Firhill. Gonna be an interesting pre-season

i can understand this and i would expect others to follow.....cant see elliott or mcguigan cutting it in the SPL either for example....and others are question marks at that level eg sinclair and balatoni

What a strange thing to say.

Best of luck to Craig. Goes with my best wishes. PROBABLY the right decision on the balance of things, I was sitting on the fence re: keeping him on. Hopefully this means Archie's got a couple of strikers in his mind.

• Like 1

I couldn't help feeling that this would be his swansong, by chance with his father's old club. He was a very good signing for us, despite disparaging comments from Ross County supporters; sometimes the club and the player just seem made for each other, and I can't help feeling that this was one of those seasons when this was the case.

Fair enough decision, county didn't think he could do it in the spl so Archie must think the same.

His goals were vital this year and it will be sad to see him leave. Hopefully Archie has replacements cos we r running thin on the striking department and Doolan must get a new deal or we might only have 1 of our top 4 scorers on board for next year!

Think this has to mean a) we're confident of keeping Doolan on and B) have someone perceived to be at least as good as Craig lined up.

It's been really good this season to have two outright dangerous strikers kicking about the 16. I've enjoyed how much of a pain in the arse Craig has been for other defences, noising them up in a way that our strikers haven't often done in recent years. He scored quite a few crucial goals, especially during the initial loan spell, and I wish him all the best, except when we play against him.

Sad to hear this as some of his goals have been vital (Home v Raith, hat trick at EEP, 2nd against Morton etc)

However, maybe he wants to be a regular starter next season and I am not sure that is something we could offer him in the SPL next season.

Best of luck in the future Steven. Hope you continue to bang in the goals and noise up the opposition (unless it's the Jags of course)

Think this has to mean a) we're confident of keeping Doolan on and B) have someone perceived to be at least as good as Craig lined up.

That was what I thought when I read this as well.

We always needed to bring in another striker and with playing just one then he would have been third choice.

Played a big part this season, fair play to him.