Just In Dumbarton

chunky jag

Pretty poor game where it was clear both sides had nothing to play for.

Fairly even game, With Bannigan missing our best chance when he should have scored.

Daniels in goal didn't do it for me. Yes clean sheet, but he is woeful at cross balls, comes charging out and missed the ball on a couple of occassions. Maybe nerves, can't be too harsh based on a game where he kept a clean sheet, but my spidey sense tells me, like most young keepers i guess, there's a few mistakes in him.

McMillan was ok. Sinky played well i thought up nd down the flank as usual. Muirhead balatoni n young lim lindsay back 3, all solid. Lindsay is a big tall left sided centre half, did everything that was asked of him although i need to see him against a better standard of player to truly judge his potential, but he looks no bad at all.

Midfield, bannigan and forbes played ok, elliot had a few good runs but usual basics such as final ball or first touch et him down. Lawless was pretty average.

Doolan usual immaculate first touch and hold up play, but my one critiscism of kris's entire time at thistle is all his best work is done outside box, and we've had yet another game where i cant remember him having a dig at goal cos he's too busy running channels.

Cant wait for next season, what a year we've had!

Daniels will be going back to Celtic. We will need experienced cover/back-up for Fox. Lindsay is young and will play in the under-20s next season. The main question is whether Elliott, Forbes and Scully have done enough (including loan spells) for new deals or will be released.

Very much your typical end of season game where neither team had anything to play for. Considering the season we've had it would be extremely churlish to deliver criticisms. The players of both teams weren't helped by a cold swirling wind, On reflection,I think a draw was probably a fair result and at the end of the day we've kept our unbeaten record under Archie. Now its onward and hopefully upward next season. If next season comes anywhere near this season I'll be delighted. This has undoubtedly been the best season I can recall. The players and staff deserve huge credit.

Great send off for Erskine to the tune of "We'll score when we want"

"You'll want to come home, you'll want to come home, Dundee's a s h i t e hole, you'll want to come home"

He had a wee smile at that, absolutely brilliant.

Dumbarton FC were class exemplified - Jags players were applauded on to the pitch, the PA played "We Are The Champions" at the end, Dumbarton players applauded Thistle fans at the end. :clapping:

Bannigan MOTM despite the sitter...

A pretty dire game, not helped by the strong, swirling wind. I reckon that was what caused Daniels a few problems with crosses. Otherwise I thought he looked reliable enough. (The Sons keeper had fewer problems with cross balls because we hardly managed a single decent cross into the box in the entire game.) Nobody had a particularly great game. Young Lindsay did OK, and looks a good prospect. Forbes hit some great balls, but slowed almost every potential attack down to walking pace, so that two ranks of Dumbarton players had all the time they needed to get behind the ball and snuff us out. We were painfully pedestrian, and definitely need more pace when we attack. Yes, end of season stuff, but failing twice to beat the same part-time team is a sign that we really need to strengthen.

Well done to Dumbarton and their fans.

But what an awful place to watch a "professional" football match.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Guest fredthecheesecloth

He was loving the attention!

Shocking that he was allowed to invade the pitch with impunity.

The beaks will surely speak to DFC about it.

Don't tell Harry Wragg.

He didn't recognise any of them!

Edited by fredthecheesecloth

C Gull looked good looking along the line to make sure he was onside (played on by Manpreet) and I was impressed by the way he flew down the wing when Sinky despatched a pass into the channel. Archie needs to move quickly to bring Gull to the bing as others were obviously hovering around.

Don't think anyone has mentioned the banter between the hospitality half of the Shed Boys and those in the cheap seats.

Some class slagging across the crowd like -

Hospitality, we're louder than you....

Replied with - suits out of Primark, you got your suits out of Primark....

When the wee songs about the seagull started the bloke next to me was laughing out loud.

Turned out he was a newspaper reporter who covers Dumbarton games home and away.

He said he hadn't had such a good laugh at the football in years.

Well done, the North Stand mob - quality enjoyment all round!

Would just like to give a big thumbs up to the stewards at Dumbarton they deserve an award for the way they conducted themselves. They assisted me in putting up the Jordanhill Supporters Bus banner and joined in the fun with the beachballs by throwing them back into the crowd when they went astray. All in all an object lesson in how to treat opposition fans, take a bow guy`s. :clapping: