Robert Reid Talk - Partick Thistle History

jagscast

Yesterday, Robert Reid held a talk on the history of Partick Thistle in the Woodside library. Very kindly he allowed the Jagscast to record it to share it with Jags fans around the world.

It's available on iTunes(under Jagscast 2013) and also on the Jagscast blog at: http://jagscast.blogspot.com

Thanks to Mr. Reid for allowing us to record it, and for Woodside library for hosting the event.

• Like 1

Anyone else slightly saddened that because Robert is party to the selection of H o F inductees he'll unlikely be selected himself?

We're at long last trying to present ourselves as a club in harmony with its support and by and large taking great steps towards that end. Would it not then be additionally appropriate to honour a person who unarguably has for decades epitomized that harmony by both serving and supporting the Club with so much distinction?

• Like 11

Still canny forgive him for the punishment exercise he gave me when he was my french teacher in Drumchapel.

I think you'll find "french teacher" should have a capital letter Magyar! It is 'French Teacher' boy!

Stand in the corner and put the dunces hat on! :partyhat:

Anyone else slightly saddened that because Robert is party to the selection of H o F inductees he'll unlikely be selected himself?

We're at long last trying to present ourselves as a club in harmony with its support and by and large taking great steps towards that end. Would it not then be additionally appropriate to honour a person who unarguably has for decades epitomized that harmony by both serving and supporting the Club with so much distinction?

Agree with sentiments but surely honourary club president is a pretty decent honour?

Agree with sentiments but surely honourary club president is a pretty decent honour?

Glad you mentioned that and it's a good point.

Most certainly it is a decent honour and it's only right and proper that Robert has been awarded that position. If the H o F was only open to players & managers that would be absolutely fine.

I believe tho' consideration for induction is open to anyone who has served the Jags with distinction. Using that as a bench mark imo Robert Reid is up there at the top. The fact that Robert is a considerably active honourary president should strengthen my argument.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1