Hearts In Administration

GrantB

As the SFL and SPL had different rules regarding the amount of points deducted with reconstruction in place will it be 15 points they lose? Or will it be more?

15 points but had they won their last game of the season against Aberdeen it would evidently have been 16 points. See yon SPL, daft as brushes I tell you :)

The penalty is 10 points or one third of the previous season's points total (Hearts had 45) - whichever is the greater. They finished last season 14 points above Dundee. With the transfer embargo likely to last throughout the window, their squad should be weak if they survive.

There are lots of questions to be answered.

Thousands of Hearts supporters have bought season tickets. Have they wasted their money or will the new owners be required to give them season tickets?

What happens if Hearts are liquidated after the start of the new season? We would have an 11 club league with fewer games. Would the remaining clubs get more money from the SPFL?

And would a NewCo Hearts have to apply to join the new Lowland League for 2014/15 season? Or would they be parachuted into the Third Division like Sevco?

Don't ask awkward questions to which the blazers haven't made it up as they go along yet.

Since joining this forum I've notice several posts where people are accusing people of being blue or green, seemingly on the back of the slightest little remark. It's a very strange quirk.

Anyhow...

This is Pieman karma. Milne's next on the hitlist. The E.E.O.S. are arranging tea parties in the streets of Mid Lothian as I write...

Salmond shows how much he knows

""The situation affects fans like myself and players, but Heart of Midlothian is a substantial employer in the city," he told business leaders in Edinburgh."

The country must be really on its a**** if a company employing less than 100 full time staff is classed as a substantial employer in our capital city. No mention from him of the Tax man being ripped of for 100's of thousands of pounds or the small companies this affects

Salmond shows how much he knows

""The situation affects fans like myself and players, but Heart of Midlothian is a substantial employer in the city," he told business leaders in Edinburgh."

The country must be really on its a**** if a company employing less than 100 full time staff is classed as a substantial employer in our capital city. No mention from him of the Tax man being ripped of for 100's of thousands of pounds or the small companies this affects

Political commentary is restriced to the general chat forum I believe. :innocent:

Hearts have no money to pay any costs.

Worse than the Pars and the season ticket money has been spent - "It's as bad a situation as I've ever come across and it's not helped by the timing, getting the appointment in June when there is no income"

"The biggest problem at the moment is cash flow and keeping the doors open."

"But the next week or two are really crucial because we don't have any funds at all to pay any costs."

Well this news is about as unexpected as one of Chick Dungs infamous "exclusives". Although, it was obvious that this would be the outcome to anyone with half a brain, it has been dragged out by the Hertz to try and avoid a similar fate to Rangers. Nonetheless, it looks like liquidation is a real possibility and then the governing bodies will engage in what is fast becoming Scotland's new summer sport; finding a wee team to send totally unprepared into the SPL. The authorities really need to bring in an effective Financial Fair Play rule, which would enable them to be somewhat more proactive, whilst hopefully reducing the risks of costly litigation. For purely selfish reasons I hope Hertz remain in the SPL,although to be honest, I won't be shedding too many tears if the do a Sevco. Again from a totally partisan standpoint, either outcome will benefit this football club.

We are desperately looking at ways of bringing in some income.
-Bryan Jackson

Well, Bryan, what about a pre-season mini tournament played at Tyncastle & East End Pk with your firm putting up a trophy? I think a four club tournament with Hearts, Dunfermline & Sevco participating would be a real money spinner. A special invite could go out to a serial financial doper like Livingston or Dundee. Or bring up Portsmouth perhaps?

Yes I think the Bryan Jackson Cup would be a decent enough fund raiser. About time the fella that appears to earn the most out of football mismanagement put something back.

• Like 2

Well this news is about as unexpected as one of Chick Dungs infamous "exclusives". Although, it was obvious that this would be the outcome to anyone with half a brain, it has been dragged out by the Hertz to try and avoid a similar fate to Rangers. Nonetheless, it looks like liquidation is a real possibility and then the governing bodies will engage in what is fast becoming Scotland's new summer sport; finding a wee team to send totally unprepared into the SPL. The authorities really need to bring in an effective Financial Fair Play rule, which would enable them to be somewhat more proactive, whilst hopefully reducing the risks of costly litigation. For purely selfish reasons I hope Hertz remain in the SPL,although to be honest, I won't be shedding too many tears if the do a Sevco. Again from a totally partisan standpoint, either outcome will benefit this football club.

If Hearts go south, I think Dundee will step up (again) as will the play off final losers with Spartans coming into the 3rd to maintain 2 Edinburgh clubs in the league set up and some other team will be elected to the Lowland League before it's even started.

Think it would suit us better for Hearts to survive. They must be an easier proposition than Dundee at the moment, even without the 15 point deduction.

If Hearts go south, I think Dundee will step up (again) as will the play off final losers with Spartans coming into the 3rd to maintain 2 Edinburgh clubs in the league set up and some other team will be elected to the Lowland League before it's even started.

Think it would suit us better for Hearts to survive. They must be an easier proposition than Dundee at the moment, even without the 15 point deduction.

Going by what they did last season (relegate Dunfermline and promote Dundee), I can't see them do anything other than promote Morton. That would be good for us as beside the increase in the away gate, they would be as good as relegated before a ball is kicked due to having to upgrade their ground amongst other things. They would also still be managed by Allan Moore. :lol:

I'd have thought Morton would take the place of Hearts since they saw the season out. Dundee will obviously be miffed and will contend on the Jambos must've been trading during last season when insolvent ticket. Hopefully from our point of view their would be weeks of indecision so as whoever replaced Hearts would be ill prepared.

I'd have thought Morton would take the place of Hearts since they saw the season out. Dundee will obviously be miffed and will contend on the Jambos must've been trading during last season when insolvent ticket. Hopefully from our point of view their would be weeks of indecision so as whoever replaced Hearts would be ill prepared.

Yes. Morton would go up. The precedent was set last season.

It must be stressed that the Jambos spent next season's season ticket money. If they survive, the new owner will have to invest that sum or ask the fans to pay up yet again. Having seen their £1 million in shares go down the drain, there is a limit to how much they can be expected to cough up. The new owners will probably have to invest several million for working capital, buy the assets and settle footballing debts (even with a CVA).