Tag Membership On Offishul Site

Norgethistle

I am missing something here. The TAG announcement reads to me about getting new groups involved, not existing ones like Jags Trust or One Thistle. I think some folk are trying to make an issue out of nothing. I am not interested in the politics at the club, but I am of the opinion that if you are not contributing to the development of the Supporters Federation(or other initiatives), you don't have the right to criticise

onethistle will not be involved in the Supporters Federation - onethistle are there to provide a service to the Fans and work hand in hand with the Club - they are not a representative Fans organisation.

1) Which was an open vote to all members of the Trust at the time.

2)The Trust does not think it has a 'god given right' to be part of the supporters federation and has never suggested it should be. However, it would surely only take two people who signed up to TAG to create a Trust 'branch'?

There will be a minimal membership level for Branches which will be mainly Geographical based - additional Branches for specific Groups eg North Stand Nomads, Universities etc will also be encouraged but they would have to serve a purpose as opposed to a random branch. Supporters Federation is part of the TAG package and was announced at its launch.

To me it seems plain common sense that fans groups share something that brings them together be it geography? / (All) supporters on buses? / They are nomadic and rely on the internet? / Pick your own common denominator!

Once you have a reason for fans to become a TAG unit, things should move.

Once fans know the grand scheme of why TAG can be great we can establish what each TAG unit can do to ensure mutual benefit to everyone.

Then the How we go about achieving what we want can be tackled with real commitment from head as well as "crazy about the Jags" hearts

These rep meetings can monitor and report successes and areas for focus or concern re the grand scheme.

It is absolutely vital that we have brilliant communications to make this thing work.

In my own mind the Nomads are well on their way to TAG like goals, and I have to say I'm pretty chuffed to say this too.

The trust pretty much killed itself off with the abolition/forced take over of the 1876 club.

If the trust wants to be involved in this new supporters federation, then they should be trying to justify their place to other supporters. They do not have a god given right to be a part of it.

A bit like one of those swearing delay switches on radio chat shows you only get to play the leap of faith card the once.

I would have thought that it would be useful to have a "rest of Scotland" branch in addition to the Global Supporters Group. The former could include the East of Scotland fans who are an active group.

There are more than enough of us to justify our own supporters group.

• Like 1

1) Which was an open vote to all members of the Trust at the time.

2)The Trust does not think it has a 'god given right' to be part of the supporters federation and has never suggested it should be. However, it would surely only take two people who signed up to TAG to create a Trust 'branch'?

1) No arguments there, but I remember a few people turning up with a hell of a lot of proxies on the night.

2) Fearchar seemed to suggest that the trust should automatically be involved. I disagreed with this.

1) No arguments there, but I remember a few people turning up with a hell of a lot of proxies on the night.

2) Fearchar seemed to suggest that the trust should automatically be involved. I disagreed with this.

1) Fair enough, I wasn't really involved in the Trust then.

2) Then we're in agreement. :thumbsup2: