Livingston Kick-Off

Tom Hosie

I heard someone calling the 18 'Keith'. I thought Hemmings just didn't see much of the ball but didn't do anything wrong (except not see O'Donnell in space one time), was he not involved in the 1-2 where we nearly scored (best move of the game maybe).

The Czech centre half worried me as his choice of passes will result in the loss of goals. Number 4 trialist I thought had an excellent game and his passing was a highlight of the match, composed but not wasting time, although could do with some porridge and a gym visit (Erskine type of build), talking of which, Ross Forbes looks like he's bulked up a bit which is good. Number 18 trialist looked quite promising.

Baird looks like a trier and doesn't like losing the ball which is a good sign. Dools, Lawless, Craigen all looked pretty good, especially Lawless who was very lively. SoD I thought was playing with a real confidence and getting into great space consistently and deserved more of the ball, I think he is going to have a cracking season, and hopefully Sinclair who was solid enough will do the same.

The Czech centre half worried me as his choice of passes will result in the loss of goals. Number 4 trialist I thought had an excellent game and his passing was a highlight of the match, composed but not wasting time, although could do with some porridge and a gym visit (Erskine type of build), talking of which, Ross Forbes looks like he's bulked up a bit which is good. Number 18 trialist looked quite promising.

I was watching the Czech boy at set pieces against us. Too busy looking at the man & had his back to the ball when corner was coming over.

One of my mates who was there Sat had said about. Apparently did the same thing then as well.

& to the boys who reckoned Dave from Gateshead was 'uninspiring', he certainly looked the part for 45 minutes tonight. Time will tell but first impressions very good.

Same with the number 18.

The number 16 CH prob worth another look. Didn't have a lot to do. Couple of 'wayward' long balls but good in the air. Thought he was quite tidy moving forward with the ball at his feet also.

Hemmings not bringing anything different than what Baird/Doolan are imo.

Nothing really to add as most has already been said but Hemmings was hardly a 'waste of space.' He's worth another look at Arbroath. He was involved in a neat 1-2 that created one of the better chances of the game and then he was unlucky to be just too far behind the ball after a lovely bit of skill by Lawless before he cut it back from the touchline.

I think he could add a more physical presence up front if given a chance, he's certainly got more of a build for it than either Doolan or Baird.

I'd sign Big Dave in a heartbeat too and hope we can have another look at number 18.

Didn't rate the second half centre half at all. Had chances to take a better touch a couple of times and just lumped it or went right through it. Thought the 1st half CH was the better of the two without either of them being under any particularly severe pressure. The guy who played centre-mid in the 1st half was pretty decent and had good control and generally good passing. Ditto, the guy who came on late, the number 18. He certainly seemed to want to make an impression in his brief opportunity, and did so for me.

Hemmings didn't look too great, but he was involved with the No. 18 in a nice move at the edge of the box that nearly resulted in a goal. He had the chance to play O'Donnell in down the right on a good break but moved the ball inside where the move petered out. Annoying, when the obvious ball was the best one in the circumstances. That said, he didn't get a lot of time. Probably worth some more game time. Would like to see the No.18 get another opportunity too.

Of the regulars, O'Donnell, Balatoni, Lawless, Forbes and Doolz had good games, though some of Lawless final balls and Forbes dead balls were not up to their usual standard. Kerr had a decent game as well, though he got caught in possession twice in succession early in the second half. Sinclair got up the park a lot but just didn't seem to have the pace to get beyond the full back and didn't get many good balls in as a result.

All in all, a decent performance and we really should have won.

Enjoyed the game. Thought the trialist linesman came onto a game late on.

Most been said already. Don't think it's ideal that neither of the trialist centrebacks are naturally left sided seeing as Balatoni, Muirhead & McMillan are right sided. Thought the pace of Dave 14 and especially the No18 will interest Archie. They both looked quite comfortable on the ball. I think we can assume they'll both show up well in training so I'd expect to see those two at Arbroath

btw... Anyone who can judge a striker/forward on a sole 35 mins of play should offer their talent to the club. I'm sure Archie could use a scouting genius. .

Think I read somewhere that its just the top two divisions.

Thanks.

I've emailed the SPL for an explanation.

What are the leagues going to be called? Premier? Championship? League A

any ideas?

1. SPL doesn't exist anymore

2. you really expecting a reply from cockwomble associates?

Mystery solved:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/dundee/231915-first-division-clubs-must-give-players-squad-numbers-for-201314-season/

That seems a bit of a daft idea. It must be a waste of money for Divsion 1 teams to have to create all these unique named and numbered jerseys. I remember SOD saying that he was glad to get to the SPL because it meant he would get a jersey which fitted - not just having to wear the same Xtra large jersey that he's had to put up with all year!

And it does seem a wee bit daft that ALL clubs in ALL divisions will wear these numbers. It features the SPL trophy on them. How is that relevant to supporters of Forfar, Stranraer, Peterhead and Morton (don't laugh!)

Seems a bit of lazy/cheap compromise

Glad to see us wearing the SPL numbers. But this pic shows Livi wearing them too. Is this league reconstruction?

995738_557685867629476_1738159805_n.jpg

Here's how you get decent hospitality - sign Tony Macaroni and hand him the captain's armband.

Edited by Stewarty