Tag: Was It All A Dream?

potty trained

reply from the club regarding my TAG Concerns:

Hi David,

Thanks for the email, I appreciate your concerns about the progress of TAG. I can assure you that the scheme has been worked on over the Summer and is currently in the final stages of production. Unfortunately, the increase in work load for all at the club created by our fantastic promotion to the Scottish Premiership has delayed TAG going live but the project will most defiinitely be going ahead shortly.

Match highlights will remain a part of members' benefits yet as such footage is already easily accessible elsewhere, we are looking to include additional features and footage to make TAG as exclusive as possible. We believe that the content available to TAG members will therefore far exceed that which could be otherwise accessed.

The Barcelona prize draw will also be taking place and the winner announced as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.

Lewis

Got this one nearly 2 weeks ago

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your email. We have been working on Tag over the summer and are currently finalising the benefits associated with your Tag membership. The draw for the Barcelona trip will be conducted and details announced very shortly.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected].

Kind Regards,

Lewis Watson

But why isn't it ready? Why wasn't it ready in time for the big launch? Why have a build up to a grand unveiling, get people to sign up then sit down and work out how to get it ready? Doesn't make sense.

It's a good question. The honest answer, is I don't know.

All dates were agreed, Jim and a couple of OneThistle folk were asked to deal with the launch due to the marketing success OneThistle had. I think we are all agreed the launch was pretty good.

Obviously as per the communication provided by Norge, dates were set.

The excuses being given as to why it is still not ready seem to be to do with increasing the package offers. But id ask why are we doing this? Why increase the offer if folk signed up to what's been advertised.

If the offer is being increased, where are the funds coming from to improve the package?

You are right, it doesn't make any sense what so ever.

What makes even less sense is regardless of it being ready, why make stuff like highlights photos and text commentary available? They should have been held back until the launch.

What makes even less sense is regardless of it being ready, why make stuff like highlights photos and text commentary available? They should have been held back until the launch.

But if people have paid for highlights then surely they have to provide them. They can withdraw them and make them "exclusive" when everything's in place, but I think they'd be on shakier ground now if they'd charged people for a highlights package that wasn't made available.

As things stand would it not appear that the can still deliver what was promised, albeit a bit late (and notwithstanding doubts expressed regarding information for prize draws)?

But if people have paid for highlights then surely they have to provide them. They can withdraw them and make them "exclusive" when everything's in place, but I think they'd be on shakier ground now if they'd charged people for a highlights package that wasn't made available.

As things stand would it not appear that the can still deliver what was promised, albeit a bit late (and notwithstanding doubts expressed regarding information for prize draws)?

No money has exchanged hands as of yet.

They've got my season ticket money

And as such have failed to deliver on the contract stated on the site and entered into when you signed up and paid for a ST, did this month and last months monthly TAG draw take place as per the official site?? We know that the Barcelona one is still waiting.

That's now 5 prize draws the club has failed to deliver on, surprised watchdog hasn't appeared at the door yet

It just says six draws per year, doesn't it? They can still deliver on that, and I expect that they will. Sorry if I'm missing something (genuinely, as I know people often say that sarcastically). But it seems to me that while the delays are pretty poor, this is still something that can be delivered without anyone really losing out, and it's a bit early for talk of fraudulent behaviour.

It just says six draws per year, doesn't it? They can still deliver on that, and I expect that they will. Sorry if I'm missing something (genuinely, as I know people often say that sarcastically). But it seems to me that while the delays are pretty poor, this is still something that can be delivered without anyone really losing out, and it's a bit early for talk of fraudulent behaviour.

From the TAG terms and conditions for the basic package which is free for a season ticket holder http://ptfc.co.uk/tag/join

• Monthly draws will take place on the 10th of the following month. All subscriptions paid up to and including the last day of the relevant month will be entered into the draw (e.g. all subscriptions paid by 31st October will be included in the October draw which will take place on 10th November).

now its more incompetence on behalf of the club than fraud (we hope) but the law is very strict when it comes to offering a prize or a gift for signing up with your personal details or after paying for something, there hasn't even been a statement on the official site, that's the worst they don't care they are late

The "monthly" draws are a TAG plus feature though. You don't get that for season ticket money alone. The core package only includes six prize draws per year.

To be fair I'm arguing semantics. I accept it's been poorly handled.

Edited by allyo

The "monthly" draws are a TAG plus feature though. You don't get that for season ticket money alone. The core package only includes six prize draws per year.

To be fair I'm arguing semantics. I accept it's been poorly handled.

Your right the TAG & TAG + both take you to the same T&C's but even on 6 months TAG runs fro July 1st so we are due a draw, but totally agree with you its very poorly handled and communicated

It's a good question. The honest answer, is I don't know.

All dates were agreed, Jim and a couple of OneThistle folk were asked to deal with the launch due to the marketing success OneThistle had. I think we are all agreed the launch was pretty good.

Obviously as per the communication provided by Norge, dates were set.

The excuses being given as to why it is still not ready seem to be to do with increasing the package offers. But id ask why are we doing this? Why increase the offer if folk signed up to what's been advertised.

If the offer is being increased, where are the funds coming from to improve the package?

You are right, it doesn't make any sense what so ever.

I don't work in marketing but it seems logical to have a product ready to sell when you have a big launch. It is the best time to maximise sales. Obvious really. I think if I were asked to write Marketing For Dummies, I would put that on Page 1.

Forever And Ever was a brilliant piece of work, hats off to OneThistle. The timing was perfect. We all signed up, riding on the crest of the wave. What was required from the club was that they responded to this and ensured we were kept informed of progress via TAG Members emails ready for the roll out before the start of the season. They have failed. The season is well under way and there is no product. Therefore no income for the club. The Board are the custodians of the club. Their ability to deliver the best for Partick Thistle is under scrutiny.

The Board are not Partick Thistle. The players aren't Partick Thistle. Firhill isn't Partick Thistle. We, the fans, are Partick Thistle.

• Like 1

But it seems to me that while the delays are pretty poor, this is still something that can be delivered without anyone really losing out,

Who's going to sign up now though? People who bought season tickets have already paid - the real money spinner for TAG itself would have been nomads and people who can't make the majority of matches but still want to feel like they are part of the club - to me that's what it was all about. How much confidence do you think these folk will have in the product now that it's been forgotten about for so long? The brand is toxic now.

So who will be losing out? The club for starters, a revenue stream which may not be vital just now, but I still don't think we are in a position to piss money away. Something like this could be the difference between Archie getting another player in January, or being able to match any offer that's made to one of our players by another club.

And of course, the fans will also be losing out, as usual.

• Like 1

Who's going to sign up now though? People who bought season tickets have already paid - the real money spinner for TAG itself would have been nomads and people who can't make the majority of matches but still want to feel like they are part of the club - to me that's what it was all about. How much confidence do you think these folk will have in the product now that it's been forgotten about for so long? The brand is toxic now.

So who will be losing out? The club for starters, a revenue stream which may not be vital just now, but I still don't think we are in a position to piss money away. Something like this could be the difference between Archie getting another player in January, or being able to match any offer that's made to one of our players by another club.

And of course, the fans will also be losing out, as usual.

For Nomads like myself who was going to take and signed up for the full package, what worrys me is that if we cannot draw numbers out a hat once a month and post the results, what chance have we of seeing up to date highlights etc, let alone keeping my card details secure

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a season ticket on the back of TAG and intended to upgrade to the better package. Feel bumped as I haven't been to a game yet and not had the benefit of TAG. If they (the board) think the club don't need the extra money then maybe I'll revise my plans and come out of the CF as well.