Lyrical Thistle

peagreenboy

On Monday's early breakfast show on 6Music, the host is looking for a song for every team in England and Scotland's top league (although they're still calling it the SPL). No football chants, or cup songs, but tunes which reference the club (or place, obviously).

So are there any pop songs out there that feature Partick Thistle in the lyrics?

^Not sure if serious^

How about the partick thistle music collection cd, for starters, released 1999, with 11 tracks of beauty, spanning over 20 years of studio genius.

Firhill for thrills

It's the jags

Oh partick thistle

We are the thistle

Follow thistle

Thistle are rising again

Season 92/93

Scottish cup blues

Autograph hunting

Scrapbook

Chic charnley blues

Heard talk of this on Radio 5 this afternoon. They are looking for songs for teams in SPFL, English Premiership and English Championship.

As well as ICT and us, I imagine it will be difficult for Aston Villa, West Bromwich Albion, Sheffield Wednesday, Brighton & Hove Albion, Queens Park Rangers etc. etc..

Sounds like a lot of nonsense to me.

Heard talk of this on Radio 5 this afternoon. They are looking for songs for teams in SPFL, English Premiership and English Championship.

As well as ICT and us, I imagine it will be difficult for Aston Villa, West Bromwich Albion, Sheffield Wednesday, Brighton & Hove Albion, Queens Park Rangers, sevco 5088 etc. etc..

Sounds like a lot of nonsense to me.

How about the partick thistle music collection cd, for starters, released 1999, with 11 tracks of beauty, spanning over 20 years of studio genius.

Firhill for thrills

It's the jags

Oh partick thistle

We are the thistle

Follow thistle

Thistle are rising again

Season 92/93

Scottish cup blues

Autograph hunting

Scrapbook

Chic charnley blues

Is that the one that goes "When I was young I spent weekends wi' Granny, she lived in Partick at the bottom of Hyndland Street"? If so, classic. I think I've got the original 7" by Harry Wragg and The Jags! I'll need to track down this CD, it looks positively indispensable. I dunno how I missed it. :wacko:

4 returns from my collection pgb, suitable for 6Music demographics too... they've got nae excuses...

The Decemberists - The Hazards Of Love 1 (The Prettiest Whistles Won't Wrestle The Thistles Undone)

Love and Money - Thistle Kiss

Conor Oberst - Milk Thistle

Mumford and Sons - Thistle And Weeds

It's a few options at least - but I think PT's suggestion is the one to go for - it's thematically spot on.

Hope you can pull it off and the Jags on the wireless, or should I say, DAB Radio :lol:

Is that the one that goes "When I was young I spent weekends wi' Granny, she lived in Partick at the bottom of Hyndland Street"? If so, classic. I think I've got the original 7" by Harry Wragg and The Jags! I'll need to track down this CD, it looks positively indispensable. I dunno how I missed it. :wacko:

That's the one.