Sportscene

javeajag

Archie comes across very well in his interviews. Very positive and very diplomatic when asked about the offside decision.

He comes across well in his interviews

Might just be me and might need to go to specsavers but i thought Thistle had 2 good goals chopped off.

Sportscene for me is amateurish and embarrassing coverage and comments at times.

I have to confess that I'm enjoying Sportscene a lot more now that we are back in it. However that doesn't detract from the fact that the entire show is, as posted elsewhere, pretty amateurish.

It’s patently obvious that very little research goes into researching teams out with the Old Firm. Elsewhere I find the extended highlights and post-mortem of the game insufferable. The show should be in the old ScotSport First format, with 30/45mins of highlights with no analysis, rather than the long-winded waffle we get at the moment.

I have to confess that I'm enjoying Sportscene a lot more now that we are back in it. However that doesn't detract from the fact that the entire show is, as posted elsewhere, pretty amateurish.

It’s patently obvious that very little research goes into researching teams out with the Old Firm. Elsewhere I find the extended highlights and post-mortem of the game insufferable. The show should be in the old ScotSport First format, with 30/45mins of highlights with no analysis, rather than the long-winded waffle we get at the moment.

I like that there is discussion afterwards, without this it would appear an admission that our game is equal to lower divisions English football. The problem is the quality of the discussion. There should be pundits who know every player in the division, it wouldn't be hard there are tons of podcasts out there with knowledgeable amateurs doing a better job. Instead we had an expert in Pat Nevin who admits he knows nothing about our team and a current player who isn't really in a position to comment as critically on his own team's or opposition teams' performances as a journalist would be. Imagine a match of the day pundit saying "I don't really know any of the Hull City players but these two guys are alright" the way Nevin did at the weekend.

I also like the discussion but it sometimes prohibits showing much of the games. For example, our highlights vs County lasted around 3 mins - showing only the goals and disallowed goals pretty much. But online there is over 5 mins of highlights which I think gave a far better indication of how the game went. I was there so have no complaints but to keep track of other teams it is better to get the longer highlights. In an hour show there should be 6 games, each with 5 min highlights (bbc does this for online anyway) as well as average 5 mins discussion on each - obviously some games need more analysis.

Steven Thompson said that Inverness' Billy McKay scored 20 goals in pre-season!? I know they had some really good results but I reckon old Thommo is spending too much time trying to learn big words.

Seems a bit high but he did score 5 against Arbroath in 1 game and scored something like 6 in two games against a couple of highland league teams so it might not be far off!