And The Ref For Friday Is..............

thornwoodjag

On the general subject of referees, I was standing outside Victoria Park on Saturday when the match officials arrived.

I only noticed them because they got out of a snazzy taxi and walked into the stadium looking like the cast of Reservoir Dogs.

A county official told me that all SPL refs are picked up by posh car from a local hotel and driven to the game, and back afterwards.....at the home club's expense!

A fee of 900 quid and ferried about for free!

If I had my time over again......

I see Livi's early season manager (they change them every few months, I believe) had this to say about our ref tonight

I am very new to the game in this country and if Bobby Madden is a top level referee then the game is in a lot of trouble because that was a horrendous performance from both sides point of view.

Madden is another clown, Hearts players were all over the back of ours for most of the game. Let them away with a fair few 'tackles' and give few fouls against us that were nothing of the kind. A bottle merchant. I was astonished he actually gave the penalty, even though it looked clear cut. Woeful performance.

No fishing from me. A genuine opinion.

There was only really one game-changing decision and he gave it the right way. The odd free-kick/throw in will always be slighlty contentious for either side.

1 big decision to be made, and he got it right. Most certainly not the worst I've seen. Not by a LOOOONG way.

No fishing from me. A genuine opinion.

There was only really one game-changing decision and he gave it the right way. The odd free-kick/throw in will always be slighlty contentious for either side.

1 big decision to be made, and he got it right. Most certainly not the worst I've seen. Not by a LOOOONG way.

I would have thought that referees at this level should range from competent to good.

My immediate reaction was that Fraser had been fouled when he lost possession in the build up to their goal but there was no protest from any of our players.

Apart from giving fouls against ATS for winning a header when that lump of wood, the Hearts No 12, ducked and then making a well-timed tackle, I didn't think the ref was too bad...he was awful in that Morton game though.

madden is a turtle waxing clown

along with thomson, they have potentially cost us four points already.

yes, we have to stick the ball in the net, and take our chances we create more, but the league table could look a whole lot different if these jokers had just done their job properly