Operation Of Season Ticket Cards

Rid Skwerr

Got in no bother with ours' on Friday, but I am not sure how they are supposed to work.

Both Lady Skwerr and myself went through, I think, the 3rd turnstile from the City End.

When each of our cards was inserted the yellow and red lights seemed to light so I thought the turnstile would not release, but it did both times.

On asking around where we sit, it appeared that most people got a green light when they presented their card, which makes sense.

I did notice there seemed to be somebody inside the booth behind the reader and I just wonder if that bloke was releasing the turnstile manually to kid on our cards were working.

Any one else have the same experience?

The turnstile at which I entered at (second from the city end) the card reader simply wasn't working. Entry was obtained by placing your card up to the glass/perspex for the turnstile operator to check He then recorded details and then let you in.Technology is a great thing when it works but when it doesn't it can be a total shambles. Fortunately we do not have another league match at Firhill for a few weeks so they will hopefully get things sorted by then.

What's the *point* of the electronic entry? Is it any quicker than giving the wee coupon to the turnstile operator?

I'm struggling to think what advantage it provides except perhaps a way of getting automated collection of statistics for the club so they can measure how often certain groups of people use their season tickets across a given season?

Mine didn't work at all and the fella in the booth noted my seat number and duly let me in.

Earlier in the day I found out that the CIA have eventually admitted to their awareness of Area 51. I'd naturally appreciate if one of the more cerebral posters on here could help alleviate my obvious concern that these two occurrences are connected. I'm in no way an alarmist but I'd still welcome some reassurance.

What's the *point* of the electronic entry? Is it any quicker than giving the wee coupon to the turnstile operator?

I'm struggling to think what advantage it provides except perhaps a way of getting automated collection of statistics for the club so they can measure how often certain groups of people use their season tickets across a given season?

Once it is fully operational there shouldn't be a need for a turnstile operator for every turnstile which should save the club money in the long term. When going to games in England with electronic tickets there tends to be 1 steward for a few turnstiles to ensure adults aren't using concession tickets and the like by checking the lights at the gates.

Going by the letter that accompanied the season ticket it would seem the cards can be used for multiple seasons too decreasing costs of buying in season books each year and allowing office staff to do other things during the summer as renewals should be a simple case of reactivating the card.

Mine didn't work at all and the fella in the booth noted my seat number and duly let me in.

Earlier in the day I found out that the CIA have eventually admitted to their awareness of Area 51. I'd naturally appreciate if one of the more cerebral posters on here could help alleviate my obvious concern that these two occurrences are connected. I'm in no way an alarmist but I'd still welcome some reassurance.

sad to say the connection is obvious. The CIA are given the data from Firhill, get your details, see that one of their captured aliens has escaped and is attending Jags home games so therefore decide to come clean before you spill the beans on them. Pretty obvious really.

sad to say the connection is obvious. The CIA are given the data from Firhill, get your details, see that one of their captured aliens has escaped and is attending Jags home games so therefore decide to come clean before you spill the beans on them. Pretty obvious really.

Noh wi urrnah !! noh they huvnae !! we get all our official data from the official "The Rangers" media outlets that was the agreement .

LangleyPtfc:

(Alien Federal Protection Program)

turnstile i went through to enter north stand, card reader worked okay, didn't see any light signal though.

turnstyle operator looked at card briefly, ran it in a downward motion against side of wooden frame of his hatch, emitted a "beeeep", and handed card back saying "on you go, cheers".

efficient. :happy2:

• Like 1