Is Archie Enjoying It?

cyprusjag

First let me say I've no time for managers who scream and shout from the touchline just to show us their "passion".I much prefer the calm thoughtful approach adopted by Archie but based on the evidence from 2 televised games he doesn't seem to show ANY emotion.

I'd hate to think he's got a touch of the Mowberys and doesn't actually enjoy his job.

Any thoughts?

First let me say I've no time for managers who scream and shout from the touchline just to show us their "passion".I much prefer the calm thoughtful approach adopted by Archie but based on the evidence from 2 televised games he doesn't seem to show ANY emotion.

I'd hate to think he's got a touch of the Mowberys and doesn't actually enjoy his job.

Any thoughts?

you think he is hating every minute of it cj?

you inferring archie will resign if he is not enjoying his job as you seem to think?

I suspect he is, but obviously it's a v stressful job - he's only lost once in 20 plus games, so the defeats will increase the stress.

But he looks like a v calm guy, we know he's tough from his career with us, and he got the team back to win the crunch Morton game 3 days after the cup final - so i suspect he's got the mentality to cope.

Given how he has undoubtedly improved this team, increased individuals' ability to take the right decisions, and build a team ethic far stronger even that what McNamara (a player's manager) did, i think he'll be more than ok.

I dread the inevitable 'run of bad results' but we bounced back before, and unless we've seen a false start, this league provides little for Archie to get upset about.

Just because he's not jumping about like a loony when we score doesn't mean he's not enjoying it.

On Friday night he was probably trying to compose himself to try and calm the players down too. He'll have known that Hearts would have been dangerous in the minutes immediately after the goal and so it proved.

Just because he's not jumping about like a loony when we score doesn't mean he's not enjoying it.

On Friday night he was probably trying to compose himself to try and calm the players down too. He'll have known that Hearts would have been dangerous in the minutes immediately after the goal and so it proved.

He actually said as much in interview. Couldn't influence anything to do with penalty so was contemplating the next few minutes so as not give away a goal shortly after restart. Didn't work out so maybe that's why he's not enjoying it :D

Dick Young also asked him if we 'play too much football' - I thought Archie was quite polite in not smacking him about the chops!

Billy Dodds came out with this as well - this country gets pilloried for NOT playing football 'the way we should', and as soon as we show it can be done, we get questioned on it!

• Like 1

Dick Young also asked him if we 'play too much football' - I thought Archie was quite polite in not smacking him about the chops!

Chic Dung was merely demonstrating that he doesn't even possess the ability to ask his own questions. Recycling and at the same time misinterpreting the discussion of others. In this instance the quite reasonable belief backed up with at least one specific that our front men tended to pass once too often in front of goal.

In this instance the quite reasonable belief backed up with at least one specific that our front men tended to pass once too often in front of goal.

I thought that was a reference to Fraser's decision not to clear the ball at the edge of the box. Any concerns I have about us overplaying are reserved for that area of the pitch while we're under pressure.

I thought that was a reference to Fraser's decision not to clear the ball at the edge of the box. Any concerns I have about us overplaying are reserved for that area of the pitch while we're under pressure.

from what I mind of Radio Scotland on Friday night. There was reference to us "over playing" it in front of goal and also Fraser not booting the ball clear before their goal. I think Dung also asked about their goal and Archie admitted that Fraser should've blootered it.clear.