North Stand Demonstration

potty trained

• Members

Ironically it probably would have been better from a financial and atmosphere persepctive to move the JHS support into the main stand for one game and give celtic the whole JHS.

Going by the folk posting on here, the JHS folk wouldn't have had a problem with this. Maybe we can do that for the next game?

To support the Club and help them financially, I'd be happy to move for one game. I think if the Club had been a bit more up front with the reasons for moving, saying they were capitalising on a rare opportunity to earn the Club some extra cash, most fans would have accepted that.

Going by the folk posting on here, the JHS folk wouldn't have had a problem with this. Maybe we can do that for the next game?

I sit in the JHS and I've been 100% supportive of the status quo (ie not moving to the North Stand). I've never at anytime felt i was in any way adopting an opinion that was in a minority. Any folk that are pro Board over this are I suppose more likely to sit in the JHS but that in no way puts them in the majority. I'd certainly hope that those that inhabit the North Stand would be equally as supportive if it was the JHS residents that were threatened with a move.

Btw I don't go with the argument that Jags fans have to move to enable Celtic fans to be housed in only one continuous area. I don't see why if the Club want to maximum sales that Celtic fans couldn't have been put in the Main Stand with excess sales in the west end of the North Stand. Even allowing for a segregated area there would still be enough room to house all the North Stand regulars and more. So the way I see things it all comes back to the threat of flares in the Main Stand. If you believe all that "duty of care" stuff only kicks into play against this one group of opposition support then I'm lost for words.

I sit in the JHS and I've been 100% supportive of the status quo (ie not moving to the North Stand). I've never at anytime felt i was in any way adopting an opinion that was in a minority. Any folk that are pro Board over this are I suppose more likely to sit in the JHS but that in no way puts them in the majority. I'd certainly hope that those that inhabit the North Stand would be equally as supportive if it was the JHS residents that were threatened with a move.

Btw I don't go with the argument that Jags fans have to move to enable Celtic fans to be housed in only one continuous area. I don't see why if the Club want to maximum sales that Celtic fans couldn't have been put in the Main Stand with excess sales in the west end of the North Stand. Even allowing for a segregated area there would still be enough room to house all the North Stand regulars and more. So the way I see things it all comes back to the threat of flares in the Main Stand. If you believe all that "duty of care" stuff only kicks into play against this one group of opposition support then I'm lost for words.

Sorry LIB, there's no way the north stand could be shared.

What do you mean by the care of duty point btw?

Sorry LIB, there's no way the north stand could be shared.

What do you mean by the care of duty point btw?

Just my take on things. I think Ian mac and others saying the same thing about other club's supporters letting off flares and smoke bombs. I don't see why care of duty* only applies to Celtic support..

or is it not "duty of care"?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett