Celtic Away Boycott

bell

I'm 100% in favour of doing (or not doing) anything at all that wounds either or both of the twin pillars of evildom, provided it has no actual or perceivable adverse consequence for the splendid institution that is PTFC. Boycotts, alas, result in reduced vocal backing for the boys on the field. So . . .

Nevertheless, and whether for real or for wind-up purposes, I think it's perfectly acceptable to at least contemplate ways in which either festering, syphillis-ridden buttock may be harmed in any way whatsoever, regardless of the scale of detriment. We owe this to our children and their children etc.

FTO(?)F!

I intend to go as I'm on Pilgrimage north for the New Year. I would not wish to miss this one. 4-1 will suit me again.

Leave your free tickets for this Nomad in the Aitken Suite for our Motherwell game and get some Thistle goodies from me in return !

PM me for a good barter.

Bought my tickets over the phone the other day. Sounds like there aren't many left seeing as restricted view seats are being offered.

Hopefully more seats will become available. If Celtic really are giving away free tickets then limiting us to 600 fans doesn't make much sense.

It will still be 46k even if you boycott :lol:

Very likely: they share the same crowd calculator as their pals at Ibrox. The one that adds on 10,000 to nearly every game.

Guy at work is a Don and went to their recent game at Parkhead. Aberdeen only given 1000 tickets. They could easily have sold 2-3X that. It is hard to fathom what is going on with crowds and ticketing at Parkhead. They are surely not so cash-rich that they can deny themselves £50K or so. I think away fans have to be guaranteed a minimum %age for Cup games, so it will be interesting to see if they give Aberdeen more tickets for the Scottish Cup tie.

Very likely: they share the same crowd calculator as their pals at Ibrox. The one that adds on 10,000 to nearly every game.

Guy at work is a Don and went to their recent game at Parkhead. Aberdeen only given 1000 tickets. They could easily have sold 2-3X that. It is hard to fathom what is going on with crowds and ticketing at Parkhead. They are surely not so cash-rich that they can deny themselves £50K or so. I think away fans have to be guaranteed a minimum %age for Cup games, so it will be interesting to see if they give Aberdeen more tickets for the Scottish Cup tie.

They get these figures because all season tickets are counted and included in every home but only the Police get to know the actual figure that is in the ground.

It's no big deal to me but you only need to look at the tv highlights of all games to see that stadiums are far from full anywhere.in the country.

I'm 100% in favour of doing (or not doing) anything at all that wounds either or both of the twin pillars of evildom, provided it has no actual or perceivable adverse consequence for the splendid institution that is PTFC. Boycotts, alas, result in reduced vocal backing for the boys on the field. So . . .

Nevertheless, and whether for real or for wind-up purposes, I think it's perfectly acceptable to at least contemplate ways in which either festering, syphillis-ridden buttock may be harmed in any way whatsoever, regardless of the scale of detriment. We owe this to our children and their children etc.

FTO(?)F!

Then you should take this article to heart. http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/headline-written/6897

They get these figures because all season tickets are counted and included in every home but only the Police get to know the actual figure that is in the ground.

It's no big deal to me but you only need to look at the tv highlights of all games to see that stadiums are far from full anywhere.in the country.

They both do it to make themselves look like more of a pull than they are. Smoke and mirrors. Same as Wallace bumping his gums about poor wee Rangers having sold 72000 season tickets over two years. The fact that they sold 38000 last season and 34000 this season doesn't convey the message that they want, but the reality doesn't change: the patience of the Bears is wearing thin and they have suffered a 10% reduction in ST sales even when freezing prices.

Wallace did at least state that the ST price would be rising next season though it would have to go through the roof to cover their projected losses. I was killing myself laughing at that prat Paul Murray girnin about Wallace saying that their cost base is too big even were they to be in the Premiership and wondering what kind of team they will be able to put on the park in a couple of seasons....

A team they can afford would be a good place to start, but that doesn't fit with ra Peepul's image of themselves and Murray is the type of tube that plays to that. He helped preside over the club while it went mad overspending and tax-dodging. I'm disappointed he didn't get elected onto the BoD but I'm sure the current mob will continue their own ruinous tenure :)

Edited by David Stevenson
  • Like 1

Strange that the old and new bigot clubs should exaggerate their attendances - perhaps it's comforts them in an "envy" type of way. As I recall in the past both were very quick to downsize their crowds (perhaps it was a VAT thing but I couldn't possibly comment).

I well remember going to a Celtic Aberdeen match in the 70s with a pal who was keen on Aberdeen but didn't get a chance to see them very much. It was around Christmas as I recall and it was a "big game". We tried all parts of the ground but the queues were horrendous - eventually we got into the East Terracing which was in those days the less popular end as it housed supporters of the now defunct blue bigot (Rangers 1872) team when they visited. The ground was otherwise packed - fit to burst - and in those days it had a 60,000 capacity. It was interesting that the "official" attendance in the papers the next day was given as 36,000. I suspect the biscuit tin was bulging that night but perhaps the taxman was none the wiser.