The Club "shop"

gerrybritton9

Can we all take a deep breath here please?

Greaves ended the deal with Thistle. As part of Greaves we also go Puma which was great at the beginning but then their options towards the end were definitely part of a "job lot" that covered a lot of clubs and were not very attractive to fans in terms of training and leisure wear. I still thought the strips were great up to the end and loved seeing our strip in the papers and in the city centre. It was more of an emotional deal than a business deal for Greaves. http://www.sgb-sports.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/4554/Greaves_Sports_resigns_as_Partick_Thistle_retail_partner.html

From that we then got our new deal. I guess they offered the most money. The current strips and training gear look fine. May not be everyone's taste but when you see the youths all kitted out they look the business. You can buy at club shop, the outlet in Port Dundas and over the internet. It's not as good as Greaves but I guess it's the best we could get.

If anyone has an issues with this then they should contact the club and the supplier describing their issue and hopefully the feedback will improve the situation. It's a deal that will evolve and hopefully improve. Merry Christmas!

• Like 2

I agree it's time to draw a line under this debate. However, my experience of emailing the club with questions and feedback over the past year or two has been that no one at the club even bothers to send an acknowledgement, never mind a reply which addresses the content (at least when I have recently contacted them, about the DVD).

The feeling that the fanbase has been shabbily treated and often ignored of late, and that it is likely that nothing will change, is probably partly why topics like this end up with people expressing anger about seemingly fairly minor things (although it's debatable whether PTFC having no presence on the high street in Glasgow is minor!).

Lastly, you could argue that the club should never have signed up to a deal which prohibited selling our strips in any sports shops in town!!

Well said Lambies Lost Doo.

The current deal is far from perfect, and buying stuff away from matchdays isn't much cop, but the fact is, the deal with Greaves was a special one and that kind of city centre placement and promotion isn't likely to happen again. We're pretty much plankton in a big fish pond, the numbers don't add up so the club have just got to do what they can, with limited options.

Maybe they could do better, but just because we are in the top league with a little bit of money (instead of having next to nothing), doesn't suddenly turn the club into a hugely professional outfit with tons of interest in selling our kit, advertising, hospitality etc. We're still just of limited interest. The fact that fans at times feel a bit shabbily treated is nothing new, doubt its ever going to change.

That said potty trained's initial response to the OP who'd had a bad experience wasn't exactly helpful.... fair enough if you want to point out that the set-up isn't quite that bad, but questioning just about every statement, really set the tone for this thread. Daft arguments over nothing much at all.

Edited by soulful_jag