Possible Strikers ?

greg

MERRY XMAS TO ALL

I was talking to a friend out here who is involved in football in England I was bemoaning the fact that despite playing good football we desperately need a strong CF who can score goals, and he mentioned A couple of players who are seemingly out of contract or coming to the end of contract, one is only 20, name Josef Jackson was a centre forward with Workington town, scored 4 goals in 9 starts he thinks this kid is on the up but maybe has some baggage and a change of country might help him, another one is currently playing for Wolves he thinks but will be available he is about 26 but has a good scoring record his name is Sylvo Blake and he scored about 14 times for Wolves last season, big strong CF - just what we need - has anybody heard of them ??

MERRY XMAS TO ALL

I was talking to a friend out here who is involved in football in England I was bemoaning the fact that despite playing good football we desperately need a strong CF who can score goals, and he mentioned A couple of players who are seemingly out of contract or coming to the end of contract, one is only 20, name Josef Jackson was a centre forward with Workington town, scored 4 goals in 9 starts he thinks this kid is on the up but maybe has some baggage and a change of country might help him, another one is currently playing for Wolves he thinks but will be available he is about 26 but has a good scoring record his name is Sylvo Blake and he scored about 14 times for Wolves last season, big strong CF - just what we need - has anybody heard of them ??

You talking about Sylvan Ebanks- Blake, who scored 14 goals for Wolves last season before an ankle break?

He was released and signed for Ipswich Town until the end of the season.

You talking about Sylvan Ebanks- Blake, who scored 14 goals for Wolves last season before an ankle break?

He was released and signed for Ipswich Town until the end of the season.

That might be him - seemingly he could be available, friend Ronnie thinks he is a good determined player

These options sound like the Christie Elliotts of the future. I think we could definitely do with a new striker, but I think our main problem is actually getting the ball into really dangerous areas. This is where the likes of Craigen, Elliott and Higginbotham have been failing, and we should look to bring in serious competition in these areas in order to be more effective in fashioning actual opportunities.

• Like 1

I think we could definitely do with a new striker, but I think our main problem is actually getting the ball into really dangerous areas. This is where the likes of Craigen, Elliott and Higginbotham have been failing, and we should look to bring in serious competition in these areas in order to be more effective in fashioning actual opportunities.

Must admit to being of similar opinion but lately have seen a bit of improvement. Prior to going off injured Lawless was getting closer to Doolan at Easter Rd. Both Lawless and Higgy have had high profile misses at Rugby Pk and again today.Anyone that was up at Dingwall will possibly agree that support for Doolan was excellent there and has by and large been absent since. Just a hint that over these last three games that we're redressing this. Just need to stop missing.

Btw I think Elliott is being played a bit wider and deeper in an attempt to get Higginbotham into a more "Erskine like" position.

Some decent crosses from SOD and Forbes yesterday. We really need to get more balls into the box coupled with players to aim for.

Dools had an okay game but too often he was outside of the box, Lawless chance being a case in point.

I appreciate his movement is a big part of his game but when on the front foot he should stay forward and let the rest of the team get the ball to him.