Parkhead Additional Tickets Sale

JAGSMAN1968

Just spent half an hour queuing for tickets to no avail-SOLD OUT nobody from the office even bothered to tell us either.

Total shambles - couldn't organise the proverbial.....

Encourage fans back to Scottish Football ??? you're having a laugh!!

Annoying thing is that it'll be half empty on wed. too

Rant over, thanks for listening!

• Like 1

I was left stranded in the queue as well, guessing there was about another 40 folk, probably most buying more than 1 ticket (I was getting 4 and most folk around me were similar) and that was at 11am with another 3 and a bit hours selling time to come.

The one thing that never crossed my mind with this game is it would be difficult to get tickets given the kick off date and time and Celtic's home attendances.

My anger is more at Celtic's procedures not selling away tickets on matchdays- they must know that outside European games and Sevco they're not going to come anywhere near selling out both home and away sections.

My understanding is we have to buy up front in batches and then we bear the costs if we don't sell them but surely it makes more sense to sell as many as we need and then return them minus a small admin cost per unsold ticket(can't cost fortunes to print a few hundred tickets). Easy option for Celtic though. The rumour going round was that Thistle were offered 3,000 but knocked it back because of this.

Thistle probably could have handled it a wee bit better- if they thought demand for the second batch was going to be high they could have restricted it to 2 per person or even said how many the "limited" number was. Limited doesn't specify anything. 1,000,000 tickets is still limited.

Obviously I've only got myself to blame, I could have got one at any point before boxing day but until we found out then the initial batch had sold out, there was no suggestion that getting tickets for this game would be a problem.

Edited by Ancipital

Apparently Celtic have been offering 2 free tickets for this game to any season ticket holder that went up to Porkheid during the week. They fear a less than 20,000 crowd. Good news for me as three of my mates are Sellik season ticket holders and I have two freebies for me and my son on Wednesday!

I was left stranded in the queue as well, guessing there was about another 40 folk, probably most buying more than 1 ticket (I was getting 4 and most folk around me were similar) and that was at 11am with another 3 and a bit hours selling time to come.

The one thing that never crossed my mind with this game is it would be difficult to get tickets given the kick off date and time and Celtic's home attendances.

My anger is more at Celtic's procedures not selling away tickets on matchdays- they must know that outside European games and Sevco they're not going to come anywhere near selling out both home and away sections.

My understanding is we have to buy up front in batches and then we bear the costs if we don't sell them but surely it makes more sense to sell as many as we need and then return them minus a small admin cost per unsold ticket(can't cost fortunes to print a few hundred tickets). Easy option for Celtic though. The rumour going round was that Thistle were offered 3,000 but knocked it back because of this.

Thistle probably could have handled it a wee bit better- if they thought demand for the second batch was going to be high they could have restricted it to 2 per person or even said how many the "limited" number was. Limited doesn't specify anything. 1,000,000 tickets is still limited.

Obviously I've only got myself to blame, I could have got one at any point before boxing day but until we found out then the initial batch had sold out, there was no suggestion that getting tickets for this game would be a problem.

You're right with everything here, however I imagine Celtic will take the piss with their admin charge for this.

Only other thing about Thistle's handling of this was if they'd said first up "we have been allocated 650 (or whatever) tickets" I would certainly have acted a lot swifter, I assumed we had as many as we liked until I heard on Boxing day we'd sold out the first batch.

I think this would also have spiked demand and as a result we would have been more likely to get a bigger overall batch.

Oh well, less money for those ******** anyway.

Celtic had limited their give away to 7,500 freebies. Its not as if they will be putting Celtic fans in the away section that holds 3,000?

Can't really blame the Timmys for this one, that blame lands fairly and squarely at the feet of Ian Maxwell, imo.

We really are struggling off the field this season. Embarrassing really :(

so thistle buy 3000 tickets at £23 each cost to PTFC £69K

We sell roughly 1500 max at £23 each , money recouped £34500, money lost on ticket sales for an AWAY game £34500 where does this make sense that is a player till the end of the season is it not?

Celtic can only sell certain number of tickets due to segregation/access etc to away supports, so its 3000 or 850 or so nothing inbetween, not PTFC fault its the way that Parkhead is designed and after all its celtics ground and up to them to sell the tickets as they like, we just have to take it on the chin unfortunately.

The club could have however stated that ammount of tickets available at the start of the process which was sometime ago

• Like 2

so thistle buy 3000 tickets at £23 each cost to PTFC £69K

We sell roughly 1500 max at £23 each , money recouped £34500, money lost on ticket sales for an AWAY game £34500 where does this make sense that is a player till the end of the season is it not?

Celtic can only sell certain number of tickets due to segregation/access etc to away supports, so its 3000 or 850 or so nothing inbetween, not PTFC fault its the way that Parkhead is designed and after all its celtics ground and up to them to sell the tickets as they like, we just have to take it on the chin unfortunately.

The club could have however stated that ammount of tickets available at the start of the process which was sometime ago

Who told you the club need to pay upfront for tickets, and would need to cover costs of any unsold?

Are you seriously suggesting that every club who has sold between 851 and 2999 has had to incur a cost of done kind?

Who told you the club need to pay upfront for tickets, and would need to cover costs of any unsold?

Are you seriously suggesting that every club who has sold between 851 and 2999 has had to incur a cost of done kind?

Standard stuff if you sell them yourself (ie ptfc) been on the go for years, it stops clubs like rangers, dunfermline, dundee gretna etc going bust and owing you ticket money

I can tell you that was Celtics policy from someone who worked there for 5 years and dealt with ticket sales to other clubs. They left a couple of years back but dont think it will have changed.

As far as I know it has chAnged that recently, certainly the admin/handling charge has been removed in the last year.

potty trained is correct. Celtic have done away with the admin fees.

The main reason for this is they want the co-operation of other clubs as they are attempting to take control of all of their own away tickets so they know exactly who they are allocating tickets to. In the past few years clubs like ourselves, Hearts, Hibs etc have sold to them directly because Celtic and Rangers charged a handling fee. In the wake of recent bad publicity they want everything in house and due this have scrapped all fees to other clubs so that they are happy to get rid of the added hassle of dealing with tickets directly.

No idea if the same will be the case with Rangers when they are in the Premier league but Celtic's hand has been forced due to the behaviour of their fans in the past year.

ETA: I was told this by a current employee at Celtic's ticket office. Happy to give more detail by PM if required.

Edited by Pie Of The Month