Integrity

Mr Bunny

Now we have a guarantee of integrity in the game:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/25735487

We can all feel much better knowing there'll be no dirty tricks played now.

But ... I don't suppose it'll be flooded with complaints by sevco-ites about how they've been punished enough?

Surely "punished too much".... Be interesting to see how the Bears cope with stresses of a second insolvency event and associated punishment if they don't get the cash-bleed sorted out shortly. I see they could only manage 6 subs on the bench on Saturday. It's a real shame.......

There's no chance of another admin situation at Ibrox. Currently they have 2 directors selling their business for £100 million & Dave King is rumoured to be putting in millions as well. As stated in an earlier thread, some feel they have been punished enough some don't, but the big question is ..What have Rangers got to do with Thistle. Some scottish fans have a bigger obsession with the old firm than they do about their own team.

What all fans should be concerned about is, at the moment their demotion has left a big gap in all the major tournaments, ie..1 team benefits finishing 2nd in the league, and also the 2 cup finals, we should all enjoy that chance, cos when they do get back into the top league it will be 2 teams dominating all comps again. They may not come back anywhere near as strong as the neighbours, but they will be a lot stronger than any the other 10 teams.

• Like 1

There's no chance of another admin situation at Ibrox. Currently they have 2 directors selling their business for £100 million & Dave King is rumoured to be putting in millions as well. As stated in an earlier thread, some feel they have been punished enough some don't, but the big question is ..What have Rangers got to do with Thistle. Some scottish fans have a bigger obsession with the old firm than they do about their own team.

So these guys are going to put their millions into an enterprise that's losing a million a month? Aye, right. These guys don't give a damn about Rangers as a football club, only what they can get out of it - clue, Rangers are losing one million a month.

Obsessed? Many Scottish fans are obsessed that they cheated, ignored rules and have always gotten help from the football bosses that no other club does. Don't forget the efforts to crowbar the new club into the SPL then the SFL 1 when they really should have had to apply to join the league along with other clubs. That is not run of the mill diving in the box by a player it's absolutely massive and it was done - systematically - by one club.

Which brings me back to the OP - the point being that the guys pushing "integrity" are the guys that tried to break their own rules to help Rangers. Yet their fans as we all know blame them and everyone else for what happened to their club when it was all it's own fault, threatening bans and so on. That was the point of my mentioning them in relation to this, I thought an obvious one.

From my point of view, of course Thistle come first but I think I'm entitled to be somewhat annoyed about what they got up to over many years and how this lot (including Mr EBT Ogilvy) so concerned about integrity now turned a blind eye and even tried to help them avoid some of the consequences of their cheating. I don't see why I or anyone should forget this - I think some folk don't appreciate the magnitude of what they did. Do you just laugh off now the bankers and politicians who ruined a lot of folks lives? Maybe not the same scale in UK terms but in Scottish football terms it was close to being just as bad (in fact there are connections).

This is on top of a history for many years of bigotry and an anti-catholic employment policy. To quote the sadly and too early lost Ian Archer: "Rangers - a permanent embarrassment and an occasional disgrace." In light of what we've found out recently, I think occasional is a bit weak.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 4

What all fans should be concerned about is, at the moment their demotion has left a big gap in all the major tournaments, ie..1 team benefits finishing 2nd in the league, and also the 2 cup finals, we should all enjoy that chance, cos when they do get back into the top league it will be 2 teams dominating all comps again. They may not come back anywhere near as strong as the neighbours, but they will be a lot stronger than any the other 10 teams.

They will only avoid admin if they stem their losses which are likely still akin to £1M a month. If the dafties who follow them want to fantasise about Blue Knights riding to the rescue and pissing money away on them so the Bears can live the dream of ascendancy and proclaim that they "arra peepul", I am only too happy to let them. They've followed that line before. Didn't believe that they could go bust. Too big to fail. Armageddon.... Civil unrest.... Yet they were liquidated. :clapping:

Can I ask you which of the five Directors are selling up businesses for £100M? If that were true and the individuals in question had the intention of splurging it all on poor wee Rangers, I would urge their weans to have them sectioned before they blow their inheritance.

To be honest, it sounds more like a Keith Jackson style story (Craig Whyte and his wealth off the radar springs to mind) which the poor wee Bears fell for before. Stories of millionaires wanting to spend all their dough on the Blue Dream are ten a penny. Remember that the "billionaire" Jim McColl has barely spent a penny on acquiring shares in RIFC and disappeared "off the radar" even before the AGM. Of course, maybe he is working away behind the scenes at getting a Dream Team of Real Rangers Men together so that they can volunteer to pour their money into the Ibrox money-pit. As to "rumours" about Dave King, he was stated to have put in £20M previously, but it wasn't quite true since he had £18M shoveled back in his direction from MIM. I dare say it depends on how daft he is and how much money he has salted away out of reach of the South African tax authorities. Time and the Daily Record will no doubt tell, but I do wonder where all these people were when the whole shebang was to be had for a poxy £6M?

Back in the real world of facts, the club housed at Ibrox lost £14M last year. They have cut almost no significant expenditure since those figures were announced (though Super Ally has finally downsized his wages to a paltry £400K a year!) and their new CEO made it clear at their AGM that they had a level of expenditure too great even for an SPFL Premiership operation far less a League One outfit.

The players they signed at the dawn of the new club's adventures (Sheils, Black etc) all seem to be on an incremental pay scale which see the wages rise each season, and significantly so. Their football wage bill is ridiculous for the level they are competing at, but that's the way they like it, whether it is Ally, Walter or the average Bear. Rangers are "special". Spend, spend, spend.... We arra peepul...

Their choice is to stem losses or enter another admin. Or for the fantasists, wait for a Blue Knight...............

I expect them to be in the Championship next year regardless (let's face it, a 15pt deduction for going into admin would still leave them ahead of the Pars) but whether it is austerity or admin, the wage bill must go down and they won't find it so easy next season as this. :D

• Like 1

So these guys are going to put their millions into an enterprise that's losing a million a month? Aye, right. These guys don't give a damn about Rangers as a football club, only what they can get out of it - clue, Rangers are losing one million a month.

Obsessed? Many Scottish fans are obsessed that they cheated, ignored rules and have always gotten help from the football bosses that no other club does. Don't forget the efforts to crowbar the new club into the SPL then the SFL 1 when they really should have had to apply to join the league along with other clubs. That is not run of the mill diving in the box by a player it's absolutely massive and it was done - systematically - by one club.

Which brings me back to the OP - the point being that the guys pushing "integrity" are the guys that tried to break their own rules to help Rangers. Yet their fans as we all know blame them and everyone else for what happened to their club when it was all it's own fault, threatening bans and so on. That was the point of my mentioning them in relation to this, I thought an obvious one.

From my point of view, of course Thistle come first but I think I'm entitled to be somewhat annoyed about what they got up to over many years and how this lot (including Mr EBT Ogilvy) so concerned about integrity now turned a blind eye and even tried to help them avoid some of the consequences of their cheating. I don't see why I or anyone should forget this - I think some folk don't appreciate the magnitude of what they did. Do you just laugh off now the bankers and politicians who ruined a lot of folks lives? Maybe not the same scale in UK terms but in Scottish football terms it was close to being just as bad (in fact there are connections).

This is on top of a history for many years of bigotry and an anti-catholic employment policy. To quote the sadly and too early lost Ian Archer: "Rangers - a permanent embarrassment and an occasional disgrace." In light of what we've found out recently, I think occasional is a bit weak.

You really are a bitter person!! After reading through that, what really shines through is your hatred for one side of the old firm.

As a person that actually goes with the final result, ie not guilty until proven guilty, I was quiet happy to sit back and let all the authority's, police and the courts to reach their decision about so called cheating, fraud ect. After all the decisions were made final I have yet to see anyone find they were cheating. If you are implying they cheated because of the EBT scheme, not really true. All the major clubs in English football have been using this scheme for yrs. They tried to get Arsenal, but settled out of court cos they didn't have enough evidence/ balls to go through the court and settled out of court. They then tried the same with Rangers and lost again. If they had won any of these cases in a court it would have set a presidence, and that would have given them the balls to go for the biggest team in Britian..Man United, they have been using the scheme for yrs and it would run into billions. Celtic also have used this scheme a couple of times.

I really couldn't give 2 monkeys what happens at Ibrox, but the way I see it is. These guys with the millions can get a share at the moment for about 28p, if king buys and the easdale brothers buy, then in a couple of yrs, when they are back in the top league and playing in Europe, then their shares must be more than 28p.

As for crowbar into the top league..the SFA did that to try safe their skin, any rangers fan that I have met didn't want to go straight back in.

As for your last paragraph....why bring religion into it both halves of the old firm have their religious beginnings/beliefs. Both have sectarian elements attached to them. You come across as if only the blue half and their religious crap offends you. None offend me cos I don't let it, I am married to a catholic, I am a Protestant, I have 4 children and none of them were ever baptised or christened. They are all now old enough to decide what they want to be now and none are Protestant or catholic.the youngest being 21 now.

So by all means have an opinion, but don't have a bigoted one.

• Like 1

Think you hit all the bases there...The Rangers fans have been saying all this for a while. Bullshit then, bullshit now, bullshit forever.

Hatred? Bigoted? Come on, wind it in a bit eh. The discussion is on rangers, are you meaning every time rangers being built on religious bigotry is mentioned we also need to mention Celtic religious beginnings? Honest to gawd, your post is full of everything that has pissed me off over this whole comedy fest.

Edited by Scamps

If religion is that important in your live then go support one of the ugly sisters. We all know they have bigots, but do we needed reminded every time any of them are mentioned.

Been going to football for over 40 yr, seen us play them hundreds of times, but never have I came out a ground feeling offended, by what they sang or how they were built. So why mention it when discussing their financial problems. I couldn't give a feck what religion any team are based on, be it Protestant, catholic, Muslim. But some on here love bringing the religious side into conversation, go to the old firm websites for that.

They will only avoid admin if they stem their losses which are likely still akin to £1M a month. If the dafties who follow them want to fantasise about Blue Knights riding to the rescue and pissing money away on them so the Bears can live the dream of ascendancy and proclaim that they "arra peepul", I am only too happy to let them. They've followed that line before. Didn't believe that they could go bust. Too big to fail. Armageddon.... Civil unrest.... Yet they were liquidated. :clapping:

Can I ask you which of the five Directors are selling up businesses for £100M? If that were true and the individuals in question had the intention of splurging it all on poor wee Rangers, I would urge their weans to have them sectioned before they blow their inheritance.

To be honest, it sounds more like a Keith Jackson style story (Craig Whyte and his wealth off the radar springs to mind) which the poor wee Bears fell for before. Stories of millionaires wanting to spend all their dough on the Blue Dream are ten a penny. Remember that the "billionaire" Jim McColl has barely spent a penny on acquiring shares in RIFC and disappeared "off the radar" even before the AGM. Of course, maybe he is working away behind the scenes at getting a Dream Team of Real Rangers Men together so that they can volunteer to pour their money into the Ibrox money-pit. As to "rumours" about Dave King, he was stated to have put in £20M previously, but it wasn't quite true since he had £18M shoveled back in his direction from MIM. I dare say it depends on how daft he is and how much money he has salted away out of reach of the South African tax authorities. Time and the Daily Record will no doubt tell, but I do wonder where all these people were when the whole shebang was to be had for a poxy £6M?

Back in the real world of facts, the club housed at Ibrox lost £14M last year. They have cut almost no significant expenditure since those figures were announced (though Super Ally has finally downsized his wages to a paltry £400K a year!) and their new CEO made it clear at their AGM that they had a level of expenditure too great even for an SPFL Premiership operation far less a League One outfit.

The players they signed at the dawn of the new club's adventures (Sheils, Black etc) all seem to be on an incremental pay scale which see the wages rise each season, and significantly so. Their football wage bill is ridiculous for the level they are competing at, but that's the way they like it, whether it is Ally, Walter or the average Bear. Rangers are "special". Spend, spend, spend.... We arra peepul...

Their choice is to stem losses or enter another admin. Or for the fantasists, wait for a Blue Knight...............

I expect them to be in the Championship next year regardless (let's face it, a 15pt deduction for going into admin would still leave them ahead of the Pars) but whether it is austerity or admin, the wage bill must go down and they won't find it so easy next season as this. :D

Totally agree with all you say there, they do need to plug the money flowing out. As an outsider looking in and with a financial interest in shares, I feel that they have come to a cross roads again. The new Chairmen is held in high esteem down south for his financial experience and I feel he knows that there has to be a mass reduction in wages ASAP. The 2 easdale brothers are looking to sell their bus company for £100 million and the Mr King is still strongly wanting control. With shares so low at the moment, if these 2 side throw money in again then that share price will certainly rise.

The reason I believe King didn't buy the club was down to him going through his own tax case in SA, which is now ended, and I honestly believe that all their so called millionaire fans, ie park, mccoll ect thought they would get the club for nothing.

The big thing that worries me about investing in any company is when the guy who wants to run the company states, he will not invest any of his billions. That's what McColl stated in an interview. The other worrying thing for investors is the spending of the manager, who as you stated signed players on £6k-£8k per week, whilst in the bottom tier.

It's not just about EBTs JaggyMad, from the second Murray stepped into Ibrox with a 6mil loan secured against Rangers, to buy Rangers, that club has been acting immorally.

I know what your saying PT, but with all the investigations, enquires ect that has gone on for the last 2yrs. There is still no proof of evidence of anything Murray done was illegal. The only person to have come out of this so far with charges against him is Whyte.

I like to think we hold the morals of innocent until proven guilty in this country. I maybe proved wrong and it will all come out that Murray was up to no good, ie fraud, theft ect. If he has been up to no good then he must have really good accountants to hide all the skull duggary that has seemingly been going on for 20 yrs, especially on that scale.

I know what your saying PT, but with all the investigations, enquires ect that has gone on for the last 2yrs. There is still no proof of evidence of anything Murray done was illegal. The only person to have come out of this so far with charges against him is Whyte.

I like to think we hold the morals of innocent until proven guilty in this country. I maybe proved wrong and it will all come out that Murray was up to no good, ie fraud, theft ect. If he has been up to no good then he must have really good accountants to hide all the skull duggary that has seemingly been going on for 20 yrs, especially on that scale.

As I said, immoral. Just search for the relationship between Murray and Masterson, the bank. MIH and Masterson's stadia company and the Relationship between them all. Nicely wrapped around the SPL 10000 seater rule.., What went on there was shocking and showed the disregard rangers hAd for Scottish football. An episode in Scottish football history that disgusts me.

As I said, immoral. Just search for the relationship between Murray and Masterson, the bank. MIH and Masterson's stadia company and the Relationship between them all. Nicely wrapped around the SPL 10000 seater rule.., What went on there was shocking and showed the disregard rangers hAd for Scottish football. An episode in Scottish football history that disgusts me.

The biggest immoral thing for me PT in scottish football was the 10 top teams fecking of for their own financial gain. They left the rest of scottish football to get on with the scraps. This is the main reason we are so far behind every other nation in Europe internationally and club set up.

Whilst it would of course be completely wrong to accuse Mr. Mr Murray of anything illegal it is on the other hand equally wrong to issue him with a clean bill of health. As many people have concerns, including myself have expressed concerns at the somewhat dolefull power he and his club excerted on Scottish football. In particular, during the infamous "succullent lamb" perid when EBT's where apparently flung about with gay abandon at Ibrox. It isillogical to try and bring Celtic into this discussion, since as far as I can see they were never part of ir originally.

Irt is a sign of a weak minded media who will not criticise Rangers, if they don't somehow have a go at Celtic at the same time or indeed vice versa. Nor is this forum the place to attack fellow Jag's supporters for percieved partiality for one side or other of the old firm Personally I dislike them both, but will admit that ever since a certain Bobby Houston goal was disallowed at Hampden I do have a deep loathing of Rangers and everything they stand for.

You really are a bitter person!! After reading through that, what really shines through is your hatred for one side of the old firm.

That's right, start off by insulting me, then follow it up with misinformation.

Rangers used EBTs wrongly and were told to pay several millions back (which they didn't because they went out of business the new club isn't legally bound to pay the old club's tax) ... only a few EBTs mind you because they only found the side-letters which proved they'd been using EBTs wrongly in a small number of case (the one's found when cops bust into Ibrox on another matter - you should read the dissenting judge's comments on this, btw) and were found to be OK with the other EBTs for which no side-letters were found. The HMRC think there is still a good case so they are pursuing this. But gulity (if you want to use the word) on the small number (still amounting to millions) and another earlier tax-dodging scheme which they actually admitted to. You should also look up David Murrays relations with the likes of Gavin Masterton.

Lord Nimmo Smith found Rangers guilty of registering players incorrectly - that's a fact and you can easily look it up - the reason for this mis-registration was to hide the fact of the EBTs and side letters (clubs are supposed to give full pay details). An SFA rep suggested that since this had all happened in the past they couldn't punish Rangers retrospectively in football terms (e.g. title and cup stripping) so all that was done was to fine them (dead club so meaningless anyway) £250,000.

This despite the fact that small clubs have been thrown out of the Scottish Cup for misregistering players (e.g. forgetting to enter a signature or date a 2nd time on a form) but then they were just wee unimportant clubs anyway.

You seem to take all your info from Rangers Media and some of their attitudes too. I dislike Celtic (and their fans) current unpleasant mixture of Paranoia and Triumphalism but they've never done anything near as bad as Rangers did. As I said, I dislike cheats and I as a Scottish Football supporter as well as a Thistle fan I really dislike a club which has brought our football into disrepute and for many years cheated the other clubs in the league.

I don't see why I should shrug my shoulders and forget that. A guy might cheat you in a situation which means you can do nothing about it but I'm not going to forgive or forget - especially when he and his pals go around saying they never cheated and it's really all the fault of other people. A lot of football fans of many clubs in this country feel the same way.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

If religion is that important in your live then go support one of the ugly sisters. We all know they have bigots, but do we needed reminded every time any of them are mentioned.

Been going to football for over 40 yr, seen us play them hundreds of times, but never have I came out a ground feeling offended, by what they sang or how they were built. So why mention it when discussing their financial problems. I couldn't give a feck what religion any team are based on, be it Protestant, catholic, Muslim. But some on here love bringing the religious side into conversation, go to the old firm websites for that.

Yes we do. They encourage hatred and division among people throughout the country. The city the vast majority of people on this forum live in would be a much better place without them.

If the EDL or BNP were up on a tax case should people not be reminded what they stand for every single time the topic is discussed? Or would you say "we all know they have racists but do we need reminded every time any of them are mentioned?

• Like 2

Anyway it's nice to see Mr Regan promoting integrity. I'm sure those foreign referees brought over during our ref's dispute will vouch for his own integrity.

And it's equally fitting Mr Doncaster is another proponent of integrity. The way he unswervingly handled the Rangers demise in the first place was I'm certain applauded by one and all.

It's undoubtedly clear that this initiative is bound for success.

Anyway it's nice to see Mr Regan promoting integrity. I'm sure those foreign referees brought over during our ref's dispute will vouch for his own integrity.

And it's equally fitting Mr Doncaster is another proponent of integrity. The way he unswervingly handled the Rangers demise in the first place was I'm certain applauded by one and all.

It's undoubtedly clear that this initiative is bound for success.

I'm in complete agreement that this initiative is very much bound for success, particularly if new security and integrity officer, Peter McLaughlin, adopts the description "Equitable, Betting-free and Transparent" as his watchword.

If the EDL or BNP were up on a tax case should people not be reminded what they stand for every single time the topic is discussed? Or would you say "we all know they have racists but do we need reminded every time any of them are mentioned?

No they should be judged on that tax case and not let be people be swayed for what they stand for.

Our country is a democracy and this is how it is in a democracy i'm afraid.

Another post on the forum on another thread (many about Rangers on here so you will have to search) mentioms bigotted/ sectarian banners!!!!

Where is the evidence of this as i don't see these banners at Ibrox of this nature but don't let the truth get in the way of a good dig at Rangers again to earn some back slapping from your fellow haters.

Seriously take a step back and look at the crap that's posted on here.

Attendances are up is a good example :lol:

52k at Celtic park for the thistle game at New year when infact only 26k could be bothered to watch it.

Integrity?

Keep this going and it might attract a main sponsor for the league with them thinking it's booming up here.

I have no doubt many Thistle fans couldn't care less and prefer to just give their time to Thistle but you have to ask yourself how many on here are driven by something more sinister.

Good old jealousy and football rivalry is fine but to continually throw up the cheating crap constantly when as far as i know the EBT's were not judged to be illegal doesn't register with these folks.

The future of Rangers is uncertain but i know they won't go away and i know they will get back to the top of Scottish football one day and folk need to just live with that.

Move on and concentrate all your efforts on your own club and don't get all hung up and irritated by the big bad Rangers everday of your lives.

It will only get worse so try and let go.

• Like 1

No they should be judged on that tax case and not let be people be swayed for what they stand for.

Our country is a democracy and this is how it is in a democracy i'm afraid.

So the EBTs are the only blot on an otherwise squeaky clean club? Your "club" was a disgusting excuse for a football team built on arrogance and a driving need to "equal" your neighbours success, not once did they display any interest in the Scottish game. Since Murray took over your whole way of operating was built on over spending, a debt that eventually killed them, for every 6 million Celtic spend on Sutton, we'll spend 12 on Flo, to paraphrase. Can you expand on what you mean by people being swayed by what rangers stand for?

Attendances are up is a good example :lol:

52k at Celtic park for the thistle game at New year when infact only 26k could be bothered to watch it.

Integrity?

Keep this going and it might attract a main sponsor for the league with them thinking it's booming up here.

Why do you use one game to try and argue the case that the vast majority of SPFL teams have shown an increase of attendances over the last 2 years. Suppose it gave you the opportunity to mention Celtic.

I have no doubt many Thistle fans couldn't care less and prefer to just give their time to Thistle but you have to ask yourself how many on here are driven by something more sinister.

Can you expand on what you mean by something more sinister, i'd be interested to hear what you are accusing Thistle fans of.

Good old jealousy and football rivalry is fine but to continually throw up the cheating crap constantly when as far as i know the EBT's were not judged to be illegal doesn't register with these folks.

They were judged by 1 of the three to be illegal, and the 2-1 decsion is being appealled. you know they acted without morals, everyone knows they acted without morals, a court of law doesn't need to make a guilty decision to know that how rangers acted was beyond the integriity of the game.

The future of Rangers is uncertain but i know they won't go away and i know they will get back to the top of Scottish football one day and folk need to just live with that.

Back? :lol:Your club died, end of, a new club started again in the bottom tier and no matter what you say, your club and fans will be reminded of this til the end of time. Enjoy the journey.

Move on and concentrate all your efforts on your own club and don't get all hung up and irritated by the big bad Rangers everday of your lives.

It will only get worse so try and let go.

This point is spot on, it's going to get a lot worse for rangers,

The Rangers, the gift that keeps on giving. :happy2:

• Like 2