Doolan Wins

Z88

I think I saw all the other goals on Sportscene and the like and Doolan's goal was imo by far the best. So deservedly won.

Not meaning to have a go at the Club, as for once they were being pro-active, but asking fans to vote and thanking them for voting is surely not in the spirit of this competition. If every club did the same then the likelihood of the goal of the month being won by the club with the largest support is vastly increased.

I'd like to think that fans of other clubs are to some degree fair minded and objective. Asking their fans to vote for their own and then on an official site thanking them for doing so is cheap. Pointing out that Dool's goal had been nominated was as far as it should've gone.

I realise I can be accused of Club/Board bashing but I'd like to think that many of the votes for Doolan came from fans of other clubs. Otherwise what's the point?

• Like 2

I think I saw all the other goals on Sportscene and the like and Doolan's goal was imo by far the best. So deservedly won.

Not meaning to have a go at the Club, as for once they were being pro-active, but asking fans to vote and thanking them for voting is surely not in the spirit of this competition. If every club did the same then the likelihood of the goal of the month being won by the club with the largest support is vastly increased.

I'd like to think that fans of other clubs are to some degree fair minded and objective. Asking their fans to vote for their own and then on an official site thanking them for doing so is cheap. Pointing out that Dool's goal had been nominated was as far as it should've gone.

I realise I can be accused of Club/Board bashing but I'd like to think that many of the votes for Doolan came from fans of other clubs. Otherwise what's the point?

I agree entirely with her ladyship - to the extent that, after due consideration, I voted for Brian Gilmour's goal. Part of my thinking was that it would be unfair, since the club had encouraged support for Doolan's goal, to allow a pro-Thistle bias. So it can work both ways.