Gary Harkins Oldham 5 Peterboro 4

whitburn

From the Oldham Athletic Fans Forum just copy and past this link

http://www.owtb.co.u...s-latics-forum/

Under the heading of 'Already Left'

The moral of the story is for all fans is.....Keep The Faith

The reason it struck a chord with me was I have left earlyish on a couple of occasions and missed equalisers/winners.

This guy left at half time with the score Oldham 0 Posh 3

Other quotes on other topics include:

Harkins is the Scottish Zidane

Harkins was majestic

I remember when I was 14 or 15, and we were playing Gretna in the league. Was with my mate and wanted to leave at the 82nd minute or something because we were getting beat at home 3-0 but he convinced me to stay.

It ended up 3-3

You know when you're getting old when someone posts a childhood memory which to you only feels like last week!

• Like 2

I remember when I was 14 or 15, and we were playing Gretna in the league. Was with my mate and wanted to leave at the 82nd minute or something because we were getting beat at home 3-0 but he convinced me to stay.

It ended up 3-3

Yup, Steven McConalogue, Billy Gibson and Graham Dorrans were the culprits between the 79th and 84th minutes. And in the 86th Billy Gibson tried a lob that, had it come off, would have completed one of the most sensational comebacks in any club's history.

However, as The Bunnet was the manager at the time, 3-3 was already an achievement. Had we managed the fourth, those remaining in the Jackie Husband stand that day would have expired due to euphoria.

(With a sincere nod to the Morton fan who passed away on Saturday).

same thing happened against Clyde

three really late goals for a 3-3

so if you think things are bad now- how bad is it when you're 3-0 down to Clyde and that's only one of many, many bad memories- I might never have seen us beat Meadowbank but at least we still exist

Did we ever beat Meadowbank? Or if we did out of how many attempts?

same thing happened against Clyde

three really late goals for a 3-3

so if you think things are bad now- how bad is it when you're 3-0 down to Clyde and that's only one of many, many bad memories- I might never have seen us beat Meadowbank but at least we still exist

Calum Campbell x 2 and Jim Kerr.

Don't think I ever saw us beat Meadowbank - certainly not at Firhill.

sure we beat Meadowbank 4-1 at Firhill. remember thier fans being in the city end surrounded by police. well at least three. they were 4 down and scored and the fands started singing whats the score one four. also same day they sang we're so bad we're unbelievable

Did we not beat them thru there 0.2?

With Albert the ghost Craig netting two penalties?

Or am I at wrong game and wishing it was!! 8-)

They were Livingston by then although still a few months away from actually moving to Livingston. Rab Douglas was their keeper that night if my memory serves me correctly.

We won a few times at the dreadful Commonwealth Stadium but not too often. Some truly horrible experiences there including a Scottish Cup tie that we led 2-0 but wound up losing 4-2. The Jags fans were not happy that night.