Archie Gets It At Last

watties wallies

imo higgy does not lift his head to look for a team mate the move breaks down and puts us on the back foot, yes he does try VERY hard put He does lose the ball more times than any another player, Can we play him and Erskine in the same team!

Tho' critical of your comments about Higginbotham I agree you at least ask a pertinent question. Personally I think we can as I doubt Archie would bring in on loan an SPL player as an understudy for Higgy. Similarly I don't think the manager would be of a mind to drop Kalum. Probably the answer is somewhere in the middle where Archie anticipates these two playing together for part of a match. Either they both start and one is subbed early (60min) or one starts with the other coming on early second half. In further defence of Higginbotham I feel he's one asset maybe overlooked and that's his ability to tire a defender or two. Even when the end product isn't there he's done some damage at least.

Even before you take form into the equation there's injuries and suspensions to contend with. It's more than just conceivable that the manager will be forced into playing the odd like for like players in any case even if you think that's unsuitable.

If we were fortunate to have all our squad (Osbourne excluded) fit and on form at the same time, something unlikely to happen, then Archie would have a real headache selecting a starting eleven. For instance I wouldn't like to be telling the Lawless of Dingwall form he was only on the bench. And it's not that unlikely that Saturday's MotM won't start the next game. Anyway Archie would much rather have good problems than bad ones.

I said when we signed Erskine, & a few other have now said it, Erskine behind a front 2 of Doolan & Taylor should work. Whether it'll work with the upcoming fixtures we have I'm not so sure, it'd be a big risk trying it anyway. Higgy could play in a 3 man midfield behind that with Bannigan & Fraser, might waste him a little but he's good enough to adapt I'd say.

Higgy in a defensive midfield position? As much as I like him as a player, if you're going for that attacking trio, it would be madness to play him defensively when we have Prince, Moncur, Muirhead, and even Craigen as better options in the DM positions.

Higgy needs to be going forward. We won't be playing a front 2 from the off, so let's see him linking up with Erskine and creating some chances.

Higgy in a defensive midfield position? As much as I like him as a player, if you're going for that attacking trio, it would be madness to play him defensively when we have Prince, Moncur, Muirhead, and even Craigen as better options in the DM positions.

Higgy needs to be going forward. We won't be playing a front 2 from the off, so let's see him linking up with Erskine and creating some chances.

Not as a defensive midfielder, as the forward thinking player from a midfield 3, with Erskine/Doolan/Taylor all ahead of him.

Archie is now saying in the Evening Times he may well go with Taylor and Doolan.

http://www.eveningti...50749n.23344001

Bert Mitchell at his Bert Mitchell best "employed on the graveyard shift", "The poker-faced Firhill manager", "lone hitman", "taken out of the firing line" and my favourite "flying solo at the apex of the Maryhill frontline"

I wonder when Sean Welsh will be back in charge of the engine room.

• Like 1

Bert Mitchell at his Bert Mitchell best "employed on the graveyard shift", "The poker-faced Firhill manager", "lone hitman", "taken out of the firing line" and my favourite "flying solo at the apex of the Maryhill frontline"

I wonder when Sean Welsh will be back in charge of the engine room.

hahaha - I count 8 (eight!) strained metaphors/cliches in the first 2 lines!