Archie Gets It At Last

watties wallies

Taylor and Doolan up front

What a difference today when Doolan came on

Prince had a good first game

Archie got his subs spot on today. The introduction of Doolan probably got us back into it.

I thought Bauben was honking for the first twenty or so minutes. Worse than a man down. Once he got used to the pace of the game, however, he improved immensely. I think he will be an important player for us for the remainder of the season.

Got to say I thought prince and Elliot were okay today surprised theirs much criticism I didn't think their was any failures in the team and a battling performance to come back from a goal down. Only slight criticism was I would like o donnell to work on his crossing a bit more

It's funny as I thought we have played much better this season!

Since Taylor arrived we have started lumping aimless long balls up to him - Mair was very guilty of doing this - and in the first half he was very isolated....often when we crossed into the box he was all alone, the gap between him and the midfield was far too much. this improved when Doolan came on .

Our central defenders lack pace and United didn't take their chances. Macmillan is not the answer and with Elliott we were very weak on the right hand side, Elliott sold the first goal by not covering McMillan when he went forward and couldn't be bothered to track back

We were much better in the second half but we still need to take our chances

• Like 1

Got to be honest, when I seen Elliot's name in the starting 11, I thought "ohh not again" but to be fair a thought the big man had a decent game. In the 2nd half especially, he was excellent. We all know christie isn't the most natural footballer we have but if some of the guys who have just left the club had his attitude, desire and work-rate, maybe we wouldn't be in this position.

• Like 3

Most of our moves broke down today with a poor Elliott first touch. He's not good enough, I doubt he'd get a game for a Championship. As another poster said, he's the worst player in the squad.

I'd like to see us play the same midfield three as today with Erskine, Doolan and Taylor ahead of them. Would mean Higgy dropped but for all his effort I think we'd be more dangerous with the Erskine Doolan and Taylor.

Got to be honest, when I seen Elliot's name in the starting 11, I thought "ohh not again" but to be fair a thought the big man had a decent game. In the 2nd half especially, he was excellent. We all know christie isn't the most natural footballer we have but if some of the guys who have just left the club had his attitude, desire and work-rate, maybe we wouldn't be in this position.

Have to agree I felt the same when I heard Christie's name but he had a better second half than I've seen from him in ages. The boy has a great attitude and works his arse off the full game. Still think he is an impact player though...not sure he is best used as a full start rather than a sub.

• Like 1

I see the usual negative cabal are out in force. i am no fan of Elliott but I thought he came onto a decent game today. I have also called Balatoni a bombscare, but he had his best match in quite a while for us today. There seems to be a more confident fellow there. No coincidence with Gallacher and Mair playing with him.

• Like 2

Elliott was in the team for one reason today - to stop Robertson getting forward. For the most part he did this and he wasn't to blame for the goal.

I'm not a big fan of him going forward - he couldn't trap a bag of cement - but there is no one in the team that works harder than he does and whether he is good enough or not he gives his all.

• Like 1

I'd like to see us play the same midfield three as today with Erskine, Doolan and Taylor ahead of them. Would mean Higgy dropped but for all his effort I think we'd be more dangerous with the Erskine Doolan and Taylor.

Likewise...

Taylor - Doolan

Erskine

Bannigan - Buaben - Fraser

Would love to see that at Fir Park.

• Like 1

Elliott is now the worst player left at the club

And your point is? He might not be but he's certainly fast becoming the favourite scapegoat.

The guy is honest works his socks off and try's his heart out, will he establish himself as a top SPFL player probably not however until the club can afford to get better in he is here and deserves our support not the snide comments from fools like you.

Forbes had skill & talent but didn't use it. Elliott has pace & power, with less natural talent. I'd prefer to have Elliott every day of the week ahead of Forbes. Elliott today had the job of marking Robertson for most of the game, you could tell this was his role as he often stood with Robertson when he really should have pressed the guy nearest him who had the ball. He was following orders & did it well for the most part. Something I believe Prince didn't do, he was out of position for the whole 1st half, leaving Fraser with the impossible job of marking 3 DU players on a regular basis.

One thing Elliott does need to improve his his 1st touch & control but I don't see how this can't be coached in to him just by practising it on a regular basis.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

And your point is? He might not be but he's certainly fast becoming the favourite scapegoat.

The guy is honest works his socks off and try's his heart out, will he establish himself as a top SPFL player probably not however until the club can afford to get better in he is here and deserves our support not the snide comments from fools like you.

He is an on championship player nothing more and when Welsh is fit will struggle to get on the bench

If we stay up he probably won't be here next season

Oh and you can't play good pass and move football with players with no technique

• Like 1

thought bauben was well off the pace for most of the game,he obviously isn't fit,picked up a really silly booking when he gave the ball away,he did improve but after the first half display,it could only get better,he is a touch player,we needed stell in the middle of the park today,hoping he gets up to speed quickly