Centenary Fund

Fawlty Towers

It would be interesting to read over the full agreement of the offer. I'm sure it was sugar coated with a potential second board rep.

I remember the shares and the 2nd club rep being mentioned, was anything else promised (Apart from it time to be professionally run by Eddie Professional Prentice), did any of the promises ever come through??

And all thanks to its own members.

I can't really comment on the meeting as it was the first thing I ever attended as a member of the Trust (not the Board) and to be honest didn't really know much about the Trust before that night, so don't know anything about what went on with the proxies etc.

I've left only that section of your quote as if the members vote for the Trust to do something, then it has to do it.

It was a shocking night. My dad and I immediately came up the road and cancelled our jags trust family and 1876 club memberships.

I'm sure Will asked for the vote to be delayed as the lack of solid info being given was appalling. That got thrown out.

The hard work the likes of Colin Quinn, Greig Forbes etc had put in to build the 1876 club up, gone thanks to a bunch of proxy votes.

I say it in all sincerity. That was the night the trust died as a vehicle for fan ownership. And all thanks to its own members.

It would be interesting to read over the full agreement of the offer. I'm sure it was sugar coated with a potential second board rep.

It sounds to me that the current Club Chairman and other Club Directors are the bad guys here, yet the poison darts seem to get directed at the Jags Trust in general and the people who are currently on the JT committee/Board in particular. This, despite the fact that they had nothing to do with the events which have alienated a number of people.

If a second Board rep was promised, as well as the issue of shares related to income to the CF and neither of these have been delivered, that is another indictment of the Club Chairman, particularly since he appears to have refused JT representation at Board level altogether.

If the situation is as I understand it, why would anyone believe that the TAG/Supporter's Fed concept will advance either the influence of supporters or wider share ownership?

It sounds to me that the current Club Chairman and other Club Directors are the bad guys here, yet the poison darts seem to get directed at the Jags Trust in general and the people who are currently on the JT committee/Board in particular. This, despite the fact that they had nothing to do with the events which have alienated a number of people.

If a second Board rep was promised, as well as the issue of shares related to income to the CF and neither of these have been delivered, that is another indictment of the Club Chairman, particularly since he appears to have refused JT representation at Board level altogether.

If the situation is as I understand it, why would anyone believe that the TAG/Supporter's Fed concept will advance either the influence of supporters or wider share ownership?

David, you took from my post that I'm blaming the current JT board? How could you possibly even consider that to be the case, I don't mention the current JT board anywhere, apart from Davy, I don't know anyone on the current board, I had forgotten Donald was part of it and that he posted on here, up until yesterday.

I couldn't tell you how many elections there have been since, who stood for election, what their manifesto's read liked etc... Mostly because the trust haven't really published anything of substance since 2010... Not even minutes from their tedious meetings. God when I was on the JTB there was one a month, the constitution only requires 4 a year.

A second rep was not promised, it was suggested that it might be looked at... Yes that's how flimsy the offer was when it went to the vote, that a second rep might be considered at some point.

The shares however were promised, and as advised, have never been received... But up until earlier this was unknown... You would think a trust who own 10% of the clubs shared who have a written agreement to receive more shares would want people to know that our club are renaiging on the agreement. Jesus, we don't even know if they have been in any way proactive in obtaining them!

JT board representation wasn't refused, it has never been offered.

Your last point, I don't know where you get to this, Where at any point has anyone suggested that the federation would lead to greater share ownership? Who would own these shared, for starters?maybe you should direct this last bit to the TAG thread?

I generally can't understand why anyone would waste their breath on the Trust.

Holds the shares (unfortunately) and does some fundraising (good work). The constant flap around the board rep point is nothing more than someone wanting to get the blazer on, and be some kind of big shot. I can think of one member of the Trust board who has enough bluster and front (and perceived self importance) to fit right in.

My understanding is that the Centenary Fund appears to run itself. Much like everything at our darling football club it is run inefficiently but that is where we are. It makes a profit, and a figure of £40k is about right for the year. The draws have become more prompt of late which can only be a good thing.

One might ask why the Centenary Fund is not marketed. The simple answer is that the bulk of the contributors or at least a reasonable number probably don't know their money is going in. I would dispute the outgoings figures on the basis that the club don't tend to chase prize winners. In my opinion it would take someone a couple of hours a week to run this properly. While it does run itself as is, the whole thing needs a sensible audit and some form of rationalisation, I wouldn't be surprised if people who had stopped contributing still won prizes.

As part of TAG, one of the ideas should be to pass over the general operation of schemes such as the Centenary Fund to the fans. I have volunteered for this in the past and it moved, but unfortunately just like the end of season video it never went further. People were happy to take this on with no payment, taking away a further job from an apparently ever stretched back office function.

Edited by stuartaytonspeaksfrench
  • Like 1

• Members

I'm sure Will asked for the vote to be delayed as the lack of solid info being given was appalling. That got thrown out.

Some memory PT. I'd forgotten about that. I was totally gobsmacked at how much the goalposts were moved at the last minute and couldn't understand why nobody wanted to have a rethink! One of the things I do remember that changed was that the Club on the night offered to double (?) the percentage of the cut towards new shares they were offering for sales to Trust members. That's not been much good as it turns out. I don't think these shares hold as much clout these days anyway following Propco.

I also recall certain members of the Trust Board at the time had a hard on because the Club had said they would put the Trust's emblem in the advertising for the fund!

Some memory PT. I'd forgotten about that. I was totally gobsmacked at how much the goalposts were moved at the last minute and couldn't understand why nobody wanted to have a rethink! One of the things I do remember that changed was that the Club on the night offered to double (?) the percentage of the cut towards new shares they were offering for sales to Trust members. That's not been much good as it turns out. I don't think these shares hold as much clout these days anyway following Propco.

I also recall certain members of the Trust Board at the time had a hard on because the Club had said they would put the Trust's emblem in the advertising for the fund!

You and either Jonathan or Niall it was.