Partick Thistle V Rangers

billko

To take that further bigotry at Firhill would never in living memory have been tolerated. If before, and I much doubt there was ever bigotry, whether institutionalised or casual, it would be to our eternal credit we eradicated it rather than thrived on it.

Dunno about that Ma'am. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigotry?s=t

For example, I wonder if John Martin felt his opinions on striking were tolerated by Thistle fans? Does a red black and yellow union flag receive the same acceptance as a red and yellow saltire or lion rampant at Firhill?

To my mind, from experience, the "Jags fans" can be easily and justifiably labelled "bigots" on occasion.

However, I think the club, as you say, "to our eternal credit", have done well in a city with such polar extremes of sectarian division to remain to be majoritively recognised as a tolerant institution. A place where people of any creed, colour, political or sexual persuasion can come together without prejudice and support or play football, for the love of playing football and pride in themselves and in a good club.

:fan:

Maybe we should arrange a charity match for the poor souls?

The Club could offer poor wee Rangers a signed ball to raffle to match the support offered by the "Club that Died" during the time of Save the Jags.....

Hopefully they can stave off admin for 6 months or so as I would rather they got the points deduction next season when they will have no chance of running away with the Division in the manner that their over-inflated squad has this season....

How dare you! A song promoting equality while celebrating cultural diversity.

Here, Here!

While growing up in a city where it is not uncommon to be asked the question, " aye... but what team do you really support?", it has been a source of great comfort to me to have put into song an answer which so eloquently describes the observance of the universal declaration of human rights articles 18 and 19.

Shame, now it would appear some in our society think one should be arrested for singing it.

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 2