Partick Thistle V Rangers

billko

Billko, I sincerely hope that your son doesn't view this forum, and also that he indeed plays for our1st team in the future.

I don't mind who you support, cos the way I see it is, that you put more time and effort and probably money into watching thistle and your son than the team you support.

If ever you are attending a game give me a shout and I would gladly meet up for a pint and a chat, everyone is entitled to an opinion and as I stated earlier you didn't deserve the abuse you received in the other thread.

• Like 4

"Rangers played Hibernian to raise funds to build a catholic school in Leith. Persuaded by a Father Callan, Rangers duly obliged and on 5th May, 1903 Easter Road was the venue where a 2-2 draw was played out. Torrential rain kept the attendance to 500, the lowest recorded for a Rangers v Hibs match at Easter Road."

Thoughts Bilko? :lol:

Don't know if true but every Scottish club was contacted and asked to play a game but Rangers apparently were the only team to reply back and agree to a game.

My thoughts

A home game for Hibs and you wonder why the Hibs fans didn't turn out :)

Edited by billko

So your last 2 words in your 1st post don't suggest you HOPE after his son disappears from the thistle youth, that he disappears from here?

I think I can read and understand exactly what you are saying. Wanting a child to fail so his father disappears....sad individual!!!

Well, you read into it what you want; it's not up to me to teach you how to read. And well done on getting involved.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Been sitting on this for a while but it's really for the whiter than white brigade to see and give an answer and i think you know who we are talking about.

Yes i should be above it but when push comes to shove :rolleyes:

OP comes back in post #4... Claims to have been sitting on it, as if he knew some shameful secret... Tries to get a rise out of folk by calling an unnamed group of thistle fans the whiter than white brigade... Then closes the post by airing he's trolling....

And yet here we are, still entertaining this follower of the New Blue Bigots.

OP comes back in post #4... Claims to have been sitting on it, as if he knew some shameful secret... Tries to get a rise out of folk by calling an unnamed group of thistle fans the whiter than white brigade... Then closes the post by airing he's trolling....

Aye... A hospitable bunch us Jagoes. All good fun and cordial banter. :partyhat:

If you tire of that in this city, you can always chuck the Jags for the Great Glasgow Feud.

Keep calm and follow the football!

:fan:

In 1914 and 1915 the war was raging and there was obviously a greater sense of community around. I knew about the match on behalf of the building of an Orange Hall, but not about the one to raise funds for Catholic schools in Partick ( they had no access to public funds at that time). All in all a very interesting insight into social history. Not sure one can draw any conclusions from it relevant to 2014 though.

It’s really quite simple. I can understand a level of curiosity about the fixture; it being a reflection of a different time, a different age.

I can’t understand what revelation discovering the fixture has provided you with though. What were your eyes closed to before you discovered it? What have you learned about Partick Thistle as a result of it?

Or is it simply a case that the fixture isn’t remotely “an eye opener” at all, merely a curiosity from Thistle’s history? And if so why would those that “are whiter than white” be bothered by it?

Those who continually take the high ground on all things Thistle would never associate Thistle and the Orange Order together

That is all

Fishing rod out again PT?

Do you really go over every word of every post looking for something to jump on?

Are you trying to get a rise out of me by mentioning me and bigots in the same sentence?

I was told of this match a while back and i never took the time to trawl Thistle's history to find something on them to have a go.

I don't think anything is wrong with this match but maybe thats' because i keep getting reminded of the H*n and bigot that i am.

Those who continually take the high ground on all things Thistle would never associate Thistle and the Orange Order together

That is all

Fishing rod out again PT?

Do you really go over every word of every post looking for something to jump on?

Are you trying to get a rise out of me by mentioning me and bigots in the same sentence?

I was told of this match a while back and i never took the time to trawl Thistle's history to find something on them to have a go.

I don't think anything is wrong with this match but maybe thats' because i keep getting reminded of the H*n and bigot that i am.

You said it. Your disappointment at the fact that Thistle also played to raise money for Catholic schools is quite palpable.

And I'll say no more on this thread, unless provoked.

You said it. Your disappointment at the fact that Thistle also played to raise money for Catholic schools is quite palpable.

And I'll say no more on this thread, unless provoked.

Are you for real?

I have no problem with Catholics or if Thistle raised money for Catholic schools but your problem with me shows the bitterness youi have

Why is this?

It's not the Thistle way you know.

The thread was on Thistle v Rangers and a benefit match for the orange order.

Nothing about Catholic schools so don't try and twist things to suit your agenda towards me.

Billko, I sincerely hope that your son doesn't view this forum, and also that he indeed plays for our1st team in the future.

I don't mind who you support, cos the way I see it is, that you put more time and effort and probably money into watching thistle and your son than the team you support.

If ever you are attending a game give me a shout and I would gladly meet up for a pint and a chat, everyone is entitled to an opinion and as I stated earlier you didn't deserve the abuse you received in the other thread.

My son doesn't view the forum and playing for the first team is the ultimate goal for everyone at the Academy, but as long as he enjoys it and Thistle are happy with him then that's all that matters to me.

Thistle do take up alot of my time but my boy has arrived a good place to develop his football, he really enjoys it and is doing well so it's easy to give up your time for them.

Is it ok to say that i enjoy it alot also. :D

Guys like Jaggernaut are of no real interest to me and folk like that won't have any bearing on my lads progress at Thistle.

This will be down to him to achieve this.

Thanks for the offer of a pint and chat before a game and i will take you up on that offer sometime. :thumbsup2:

A forum is all about opinions even if they are different opinions from others.

Some will not entertain another point of view which speaks volumes for them as people but the majority on here are decent folk who will probably never agree with me very often, will give me some stick, (which is to be expected) but it doesn't go too far with these folk.

• Like 1

Are you for real?

I have no problem with Catholics or if Thistle raised money for Catholic schools but your problem with me shows the bitterness youi have

Why is this?

It's not the Thistle way you know.

The thread was on Thistle v Rangers and a benefit match for the orange order.

Nothing about Catholic schools so don't try and twist things to suit your agenda towards me.

You started this thread with the sole intention of shit-stirring, trying to show that somehow PTFC (and by implication their supporters) had some kind of affiliation with your dead orange duck team. Your attempt has been treated with the contempt that it deserved, and shown up to be a spectacular failure.

I really hope your son does well with Thistle, and then goes on to have a fine career. But as for you…. well, let's just say that we'll always be on different wavelengths.

Edited by Jaggernaut

I really hope your son does well with Thistle, and then goes on to have a fine career. But as for you…. well, let's just say that we'll always be on different wavelengths.

We will always be on different wavelengths as you seem to be a bitter person with the huge chip on the shoulder.

Does it really annoy you that a Rangers fan doesn't have the bitterness in them that you show towards them?

Does it not sit well with you that this Rangers fan can have a soft spot for another club and that other club is yours

It's not meant to be this way is it?

If this thread annoyed you then good (but everything i post annoys you doesn't it) and i will apologise to all the other decent Jags fans if they took offense to any of it, but i didn't intend for it to be offensive.

Edited by billko
  • Like 1

We will always be on different wavelengths as you seem to be a bitter person with the huge chip on the shoulder.

Does it really annoy you that a Rangers fan doesn't have the bitterness in them that you show towards them?

Does it not sit well with you that this Rangers fan can have a soft spot for another club and that other club is yours

It's not meant to be this way is it?

If this thread annoyed you then good (but everything i post annoys you doesn't it) and i will apologise to all the other decent Jags fans if they took offense to any of it, but i didn't intend for it to be offensive.

Like just about everybody on here I appreciate your reports on the youths. But posts that are intended solely to stir up shit, like the one that started this thread, or patronising comments about your favourite wee team, are indeed annoying, so well done on annoying me and many other folk.

ETA: Apology accepted by most decent Jags, fans, I'm sure.

Edited by Jaggernaut

And you also have stooped to the sterotype level of some Jags fans on here and I'm suprised you have done this.

I'm not trying to embarrass anyone but posting some factual information that i have never seen posted on this forum before that i found to be a bit of an eye opener.

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/5696-rangers-v-partick-thistle-benefit-match/

You can't be trying It features on this forum regularly. I found that link in less than a minute. It's in the official history. No one is hiding anything. What the trolls fail to grasp is that there are bigots who happen to follow Thistle. But there are a lot of people who follow the OF because they are bigots. Do you get the difference?

• Like 1

there are bigots who happen to follow Thistle. But there are a lot of people who follow the OF because they are bigots. Do you get the difference?

To take that further bigotry at Firhill would never in living memory have been tolerated. If before, and I much doubt there was ever bigotry, whether institutionalised or casual, it would be to our eternal credit we eradicated it rather than thrived on it.

To take that further bigotry at Firhill would never in living memory have been tolerated. If before, and I much doubt there was ever bigotry, whether institutionalised or casual, it would be to our eternal credit we eradicated it rather than thrived on it.

Here here. So away and F*** yer Pope and F*** yer Queen.

• Like 1

http://www.wearethis...-benefit-match/

You can't be trying It features on this forum regularly. I found that link in less than a minute. It's in the official history. No one is hiding anything. What the trolls fail to grasp is that there are bigots who happen to follow Thistle. But there are a lot of people who follow the OF because they are bigots. Do you get the difference?

I stand corrected then and that thread makes for some interesting reading

Can i say interesting reading or will i be asked to explain myself again :rolleyes:

Like just about everybody on here I appreciate your reports on the youths. But posts that are intended solely to stir up shit, like the one that started this thread, or patronising comments about your favourite wee team, are indeed annoying, so well done on annoying me and many other folk.

ETA: Apology accepted by most decent Jags, fans, I'm sure.

Your very easily annoyed