Who's Going To Pinch Our Players This Summer?

Gingerjag

Guarantee you that no other top flight club will take a chance on him. I would put money on it.

Ok put your money where your mouth is, I'll bet you £100 that he goes to a bigger club than us. The loser must pay the £100 to the winners named charity.

If you take the bet, and I win I'll donate your money to our pro youth development squad.

• Like 1

My money goes to registered charities, mainly cancer research and MS. I have several relatives who have or had those diseases over the last few years. I consider medical charities to be more worthy causes than football clubs that are mainly owned and totally controlled by wealthy businessmen who are much richer than my sick relatives.

To be honest, I care much more about finding cures for incurable diseases than football which is just a lifestyle interest. For other personal reasons, I also give money to the NSPCC to fight child abuse. If you don't like my choice, it's your problem not mine.

It's not your choices I don't like; it's you, you pompous git.

It's not your choices I don't like; it's you, you pompous git.

Please explain why I should donate to a commercial company, owned by wealthy businessmen, rather than charities that are funding vital research into incurable diseases that affect my immediate family.

If that's being pompous, so be it. But it's better than being a self-righteous, sanctimonious numpty who thinks that he's morally superior than the rest of us here.

• Members

This is getting a bit out of hand. Naughty corner and the naughty step for each of you!

Kni, no one least of all TSJ, is asking anyone to make a donation to Partick Thistle. All that he and Martin (and myself to a lesser degree) are asking users here is, when buying goods or services online, please consider using easyfundraising or use easysearch when conducting internet searches via the WeAreThistle link so that the Club can receive some benefit from it. You don't personally 'donate' anything. Donations are not the issue here.

So, if you're not interested in the Easy links then fair enough. No need to comment on others desire to use them though.

This is getting a bit out of hand. Naughty corner and the naughty step for each of you!

Kni, no one least of all TSJ, is asking anyone to make a donation to Partick Thistle. All that he and Martin (and myself to a lesser degree) are asking users here is, when buying goods or services online, please consider using easyfundraising or use easysearch when conducting internet searches via the WeAreThistle link so that the Club can receive some benefit from it. You don't personally 'donate' anything. Donations are not the issue here.

So, if you're not interested in the Easy links then fair enough. No need to comment on others desire to use them though.

That is a total distortion of my comments and I do use Easyfundraising and Easysearch. My wife and I shop mainly at Sainsbury's, Tesco, M&S, Argos and John Lewis so we raise a decent sums for our chosen charities - Cancer Research UK and the MS Society. The objective of Easyfundraising is to raise money for charities and voluntary organisations. If PTFC was owned and controlled by the fans through a charitable trust, e.g. like AFC Wimbledon, it would be one of my chosen recipients.

However, the key issue on this thread is how the club can retain players and fund a bigger and better squad. The obvious answer is for the shareholders who got their shares cheaply or for nothing to sell their shares to the fans (with a maximum ownership limit) and give the profits to the club.

Edited by kni
  • Like 1

kni really does himself no favours on any topic he decides to contribute to.

That's rich given your idiotic comments on the Celtic thread, e.g.

I wouldn't be against giving them the whole stadium.

Compensate season ticket holders with £20 each or whatever. Give them the whole ground maximise the revenue, jags fans watch it in the pub.

So your fundraising idea is to ban Jags fans from the biggest home game of the season.

Anyone should take an insult from you as a compliment.

• Members

That is a total distortion of my comments and I do use Easyfundraising and Easysearch.

I was referring (as is pretty obvious in this case I think) specifically to the Thistle links. Let's not forget you started this spat with your comment to TSJ.

What you don't seem to understand is that most Partick Thistle fans either don't have the money, or don't want to spend their cash on the Club directly, so this is a way they can financially support their team (albeit maybe just a few pennies in some cases) without putting their hands in their own pockets. You have decided to give your Easy earnings to charity and that's fine. I and no one else would/should criticise you for that, so please allow us the same privilege of not commenting on how we decide to use our earnings from Easy.

Guarantee you that no other top flight club will take a chance on him. I would put money on it.

Ok put your money where your mouth is, I'll bet you £100 that he goes to a bigger club than us. The loser must pay the £100 to the winners named charity.

If you take the bet, and I win I'll donate your money to our pro youth development squad.

So do you want to take the bet?

^ No reply so far from from Ian Mac? What a surprise! My bets have paid off handsomely, especially at Cheltenham , all week. ETA - My "dead pool" is doing well already. Thanks to Tony Benn! :D

How would you feel if someone referred to the death of one of your family like that? Seems strange at a time when you are telling everyone how unwell some of your family members are, that you'd refer to the death of someone else in this way.

But great news that you won at Cheltenham. I'm sure the whole forum was made up reading that.

• Like 1

So ... anyone think El Tel will have pencilled down a list of Thistle players he'll try to steal away to Easter Road once he clears out all the dead weight?

I was thinking the opposite, would we take any of their dead weight? I could imagine Cairney returning if he was to leave, which would suit me as an ideal Lawless replacement. Heffernan as a back-up striker. After that, I don't think there's much in their squad I'd touch.

I'm sure they'll look at Taylor-Sinclair. Their left-back is awful. When he leaves at the end of the season it'll be to either Celtic, Aberdeen or Hibernian I think. Or down south if there's interest.

If he was to purchase any players from us: Higginbotham and Bannigan. He'd be wise to have a word with Sheffield United about Taylor too...but obviously I hope we beat him to it and snap him up!

^ No reply so far from from Ian Mac? What a surprise! My bets have paid off handsomely, especially at Cheltenham , all week. ETA - My "dead pool" is doing well already. Thanks to Tony Benn! :D

I was lucky enough to see Tony Benn speak a couple of times over the years at the Glastonbury Festival. He came across as a decent, genuine and inspirational man with real values. Rare qualities compared to what we usually get with politicians. I wish there was more like him.

• Like 3