Celtic Tickets

potty trained

How's everyone getting on, buying Celtic match tickets?

Has everyone who uses the North Stand (PATG or ST) managed to get a Main Stand section 6 or 7 paper ticket?

Just had a look on the ticket website and it suggests that 242 seats have been allocated in section 6 and 7 of the Main Stand so far, from what i can gather we average about 500 in the North Stand, half n half split between PATG and ST.

There are:

860 of 3712 JHS tickets available

1770 of 2466 MS tickets available.

to date, we have filled 3548 of the 6178 tickets available to us.

Whats the situation if you want to bring a non-season ticket holder along, but want to sit next to them? Does the club allow you to change your seat allocation?

If you want to sit in the main stand, easy.... just go to the club, ask them to block your card for the celtic game, they will issue you with a MS ticket and you can buy the vacant seat beside you...

if you want to remain in the JHS, i have no idea... does a season ticket holder that you don't know normally sit beside you? if not then get your friend to contact the club and request that specific seat...

infact they might be able to do that very thing on the ticket site.

what seat number are you looking to buy for your mate?

• Like 1

are we shooting ourself in the foot financially with this game? There is no way in the world we will sell 6178 tickets and there is a chance they can win the league and would sell every ticket available. To be honest i'd give us the main stand & North and them the JH and make as much money from them as possible.

• Like 2

are we shooting ourself in the foot financially with this game? There is no way in the world we will sell 6178 tickets and there is a chance they can win the league and would sell every ticket available. To be honest i'd give us the main stand & North and them the JH and make as much money from them as possible.

Wouldnt disagree at all mate. Especially if that money could be used to pay for Erskine, Taylor etc then would make perfect sense. Suppose there's a few days yet so we may hopefully sell a few more.

Incidentally how many tickets do Celtic actually get - is it the usual 2200 for away fans?

I'm sure if it meant 150k to sign Taylor & Erskine next season I could deal with moving for one game.

Many would object, though so it would be a delicate balancing act for the club (see the North Stand fiasco). 1st priority shoud always be satisfying our own support.

I'm not a season ticket holder, for the record.

Many would object, though so it would be a delicate balancing act for the club (see the North Stand fiasco). 1st priority shoud always be satisfying our own support.

I'm not a season ticket holder, for the record.

It just sums up our support to be honest. We should be taking Celtic for as much as we can ala Killie V Celtic & Rangers when both could win the league there. They sold 3 stands to the OF, but becasue some uber Jags fans have had season tickets for 10 years they wont move?

Yeh I'd of just given them the JHS stand. Been online to see what seats are available, as I switched over to the main stand from JHS. The main is fairly empty with currently 1,600 seats still available to buy. Thats an extra 32,000 in the coffers - can't be turning down that type of money. Incidently, if we had given them the JHS then Celtic would of got an extra 15-1600 seats so the ground would be full with everyone who has tickets still able to go and I assume everyones bought by now.

At the start of the season there was total uproar when it was "discovered" that the North Stand was being given to Celtic. This being seen as a money grabbing exercise by PTFC.

Now, it seems, a number of supporters want Celtic to be given JHS, so that we make as much as possible.

What has changed ?

• Like 2

I wonder how the players would feel running out on Wednesday night and seeing the JHS full of Celtic fans rather than the usual Jags support. I know there are money implications to take heed of but there is more to it than that. When Killie did this a few years back, supporters felt betrayed and belittled as did ours when we gave up the North stand earlier this year. Football has to be about more than economics or you may as well just sit at home and watch football on Sky. Even if it would mean some extra finance next year and some other players, remember players are temporary, most fans are forever.

• Like 2

At the start of the season there was total uproar when it was "discovered" that the North Stand was being given to Celtic. This being seen as a money grabbing exercise by PTFC.

Now, it seems, a number of supporters want Celtic to be given JHS, so that we make as much as possible.

What has changed ?

I think a lot of people acknowledge what is happening in the North Stand is a good thing and a game where it could be filled by us is a positive step. We'd also have fans on two sides of the pitch rather than one for Celtic - which definitely helps.

Either way people will moan since everyone wants different things. But at the time it was said they couldn't go in the Main due to safety concerns and I think this annoyed people as other clubs with flares have been allowed to sit there and filled it out.

EDIT: for the record I amn't that fussed either way.

Edited by read'n'yell
  • Like 1

What has changed ?

People's opinions.