Live Game Tomorrow Not Happening

jaggyben

on BT twitter it said, BT Sport won't be showing Hibs v Killie game as they have been unable to get approval from the SPFL and the home club.

Wonder how the highly paid Neil Doncaster will squirm out of this one. Meantime the vast majority of six sets of fans will be inconvenienced having to attend a game kicking off at 12.15.

One thing is for certain that absolute arse and bureaucratic cretin will not offer anything approaching an apology.

• Like 3

It sounds like Hibs have already had 6 home matches shown and anymore than that requires permission from the club. Obviously BTsport want to show the most important game and I think Hibs have spat the dummy. Not wanting to be shown up on live TV. All but 600 tickets are sold out so nothing to do with crowds etc.

Although not contractually obliged, the TV is huge for all clubs and Hibs are out of order with this. Won't bode well for future contracts. All games now pointlessly at 12.15.

Slightly interestingly, I read that the tv money is incorporated into the final position prize money. So in theory you could have only one home game on tv and get more money than somebody shown six times. But I pressume this was put in place to stop people moaning that too many old firm games are on tv and they keep getting all the money.

Anyway. hope Hibs get humped now. As I did before.

It sounds like Hibs have already had 6 home matches shown and anymore than that requires permission from the club.

Interestingly, we are the only other club to have hit the 6 game 'limit', assuming gaelic language commentary games on Alba are included?

If our game tomorrow was the crunch one I'd be wholly embarrassed if Thistle tooke the same stance as Hibs.

It's worth pointing out that tomorrow would have been Hibs' 8th showing. They were therefore entitled to block coverage of their game against Hearts a week past on Sunday but chose not to on that occasion.

Edited by H Wragg

Wonder how the highly paid Neil Doncaster will squirm out of this one. Meantime the vast majority of six sets of fans will be inconvenienced having to attend a game kicking off at 12.15.

One thing is for certain that absolute arse and bureaucratic cretin will not offer anything approaching an apology.

Decided to reply ... as I "liked" your comment but I don't really like it ... I agree with it (especially the last sentence) but it's nothing you can really like.

From a killie fan the spfl (I.e Doncaster) have admitted their mistake in not negotiating money for the last game and play offs for which they apologise. No compensatory monies however I note. They do ACKNOLEDGE their error though, with no repercussions or money handed out. Great eh.

From a killie fan the spfl (I.e Doncaster) have admitted their mistake in not negotiating money for the last game and play offs for which they apologise. No compensatory monies however I note. They do ACKNOLEDGE their error though, with no repercussions or money handed out. Great eh.

Well, It's better acknowledging it than doing a 'comical ali' and saying 'nothing to see here'.

Doncaster should have been out the door after his attempts to shoe horn a new football club into the first division last season. If he's admittng culpability on this then he should get tae.

Hibs are at it too here, mind.