Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

Not commented on this matter yet as I was absolutely sure the club would release a statement highlighting their logic behind the decision, which would actually include some facts and somehow convince us all that they really did have no other option, as they put it, and that, although with great sadness, we could all accept the decision was the right move for the club and get on with next season.

Instead we are given this piece of absolute nonsense, which in truth tells us absolutely nothing. The "excuses"/reasons given in the statement are, quite frankly embarrassing, and if these are the true reasons behind the move then I think we all need to seriously consider if we want these people making any more decisions for the club we all love. My ST is in the JHS although I do visit the NS on occasion and I think we can all agree that, since the NS singing section has opened, the atmosphere before, during and after a game, and even just the general enjoyment of being a thistle fan has gone through the roof.

I've never really taken a great deal of interest in off field matters, untill now, but for the board to treat the fans, the ones who have been here through thick and thin, seen dozens of players, managers and boardrooms come and go, the single most important part of this football club, in the way they have is shameful. I can only imagine what guys like PT and Ian must be feeling after seeing all the hard work they've put in go up in flames and hope, for the sake of the club, someone with a half a brain will see sense and admit how much of a massive balls up this has been.

No ST for me, unless they see sense. Even then, the fact that they wouldn't think twice about shafting us, would probably put me off anyway.

An utter car crash of a statement. I was ambivalent beforehand, but that patronising condescending keech riled even me.

two more of even the more ambivalent and don't want to get involved with or bothered about how the clubs run,showing the support is united in its disgust and opposition to the clubs nonsense and mismanagement.

not going as well as you and maxi hoped, eh david?

i finally got round to dropping beattie and maxi a more reasoned mail, than just a short ram-your-st-wheresundon'tshine type mail.

Dear Sirs,

It is with much disgust and anger that i write to you, to air my extreme disappointment having had sight of the statement posted on ptfc.co.uk today regarding firhill seating arrangements, and in particular the nonsensical decision to give up the north stand as the focal point of the partick thistle vocal support.

I am frankly dumbfounded you believe the statement you issued will either appease or convince any reasonably minded Partick Thistle supporter that moving the most vibrant and enthusiastic element of the clubs support (and origin of the best matchday experience that firhill has enjoyed the past two seasons, and the best atmosphere firhill has enjoyed since the early 80's on a consistent back to back season basis), that a move to the main stand will be viewed by anyone as a progressive and positive move..... for either the paying punter, the players, the broadcasters or anyone who cares about Partick Thistle.

Partick Thistle has always had a fractured support, in terms of differing aspirations, realism and loyalty. But in this instance, it is my belief you have unified the entire support as one..... and you now see before you (through your emails, looking at wearethistle forum, twitter and facebook accounts of countless individuals, petitions etc) a Partick Thistle support united in resistance and complete agreement, that your proposal to move the best thing to happen to Partick Thistle in decades from the North Stand to the main stand, shows you up as bumbling incompetents who do not have a clue what the Thistle support thinks and wants, or what is best for this great football club.

It also flies in the face of Mr Beatties promise of less than two years ago. It further shows a complete disregard and contempt for every single Partick Thistle supporter, that not only have you made this suicidal decision, you have done it without discussion or any active consultation or interaction with the fan base..... or should that be the business's customer base?

The way it has been communicated (firstly the disgusting and shameful 'meeting' with ian and dave, two well meaning, passionate, voluntary fan reps..... to the three days of silence from the club, and now that patronising excuse of a statement today) has shone a very bright light on the club and shown the supporters how wrong and out of touch the clubs board of directors is with the actual support and lifeblood of the club.

The statement that was published on ptfc.co.uk today is embarrassing, riddled with nonsense and has already been dissected and shown to be a mish mash of whataboutery and patronising guff (see the Keep the North Stand Red and Yellow thread on wearethistle). There is absolutely nothing in that statement that appeals to, let alone appeases a single Thistle fan.

And please, do not even mention the club that died two years ago as one of the contributory factors necessitating the move from North Stand to main stand. Mr Beatties alleged actions in the secret vote regarding what league the new club from govan should be parachuted into, is another shameful action by current and past custodians and chairmen of our club.

It is time to stop pandering to our glasgow neighbours and chairmen of other opposing clubs, and start to listen to the partick thistle support, stand up for who you represent, work with them for the betterment of our great club (the oldest professional club in glasgow), or if you can't or won't, step aside and let someone more "thistle minded" and competent do it.

I am sure you have been reading the forum and other social media as well as your emails, but just to confirm, and leave you in no doubt, you can add me to the list of supporters who you are driving away.from the club, who will not be renewing my season ticket (and right now no intention of paying at the gate either, away matches only for me), no purchase of club merchandise or contribution to any club schemes or draws..... until such a time the club apologises for the statement published today (and for the wrongdoing of Saturday), and it is confirmed the North Stand will stay Red and Yellow for next season and all following seasons.

The club is at a crossroads, and the only entity that is damaging the club right now and is a threat to its future wellbeing, is the people who came up with the hairbrained scheme to move the north standers, and those who approved the publication of todays statement.

I strongly urge you, with every breath of my jaggy heart, to do a u-turn, admit you got it spectacularly wrong, and try beg forgiveness from the support for your ill judged errors and right this wrong before it damages the club further and countless Thistle supporters are lost to firhill, and possibly the club, forever.

Further, i invite the (propco) board to publically state they are willing to open discussions with fan representatives as to the possibility of propco (thats the thistle minded people, right?) selling their share at cost price, back to a supporters body (format to be decided in the future), for the good and longterm future and sustainability of Partick Thistle FC.

Keep the North Stand Red and Yellow

yoda jag

• Like 1

I've sent another email just there:

Hi again.

I’m writing to you as a follow up regarding my email yesterday (season ticket customer number - 100800000340) about the fact that I won’t be renewing my season ticket next season if we, as a support, are moved from the North Stand. In fact, I may not be back at Firhill at all now because of the complete lack of respect you’ve shown to the Thistle supporters on this matter.

I regret to inform you of my decision as I’ve been a stalwart at Firhill since 1995 but I feel so strongly on this issue and feel that I’ve got no other way to get the message through to you.

After all, Partick Thistle Football Club is NOTHING without the fans.

I therefore reiterate and urge that you reverse your decision to relocate the Thistle support from the North Stand to the Main Stand as soon as possible. If this is done, I’ll be happy to reconsider my position.

As for your ludicrous, patronising and deceitful statement on the official website; it would be so easy to pick it apart piece by piece, however, I think the final sentence sums up how ridiculous the whole statement is, 'Remember, it’s the fans that make the atmosphere – not where they sit in the stadium.'

Oh really? Well, what was the point in moving us to the North Stand in the first place?

I hardly expect you to reply to myself or to any of the other many supporters who have emailed and who will be emailing you on this, given how out of touch you seem to be with the Thistle support but I believe this is a pivotal moment for a lot of Thistle fans relationship with the board and Partick Thistle Football club as a whole.

Regards,

Ross Calder

Edited by Ross
  • Like 1

And to be fair to maxi he has just called .... Good conversation

Anything to share? For example in terms of the prospect of this decision being overturned? Good chance, no chance?

Are they aware of the petitions, a 24 page thread on WAT, general season ticket boycott plans, etc?

And to be fair to maxi he has just called .... Good conversation

First person to get a reply, or even an acknowledgement of their e-mail(s) to the club, wins a No-Prize!

congratulations javeajag, proud owner of another no-prize (by the way, did you mention to him the other winners of prizes from the club, that maxi promised and has failed to deliver on, in your good conversation?)

My email to the club, FWIW

I am a long standing Season ticket holder z88 in the JHS, I don't sit in the NS nor am I ever likely to. However I add my voice to the many hundreds of Jags fans in opposing the relocation of the ' singing section' to the main stand.

The NS singing section has been a great success since it's inception. It is solely responsible for generating what is now a superb atmosphere at Firhill match days and we know this helps the team perform. In addition it is a fact the NS set up as it stands has encouraged a good number of those existing Jags fans to attend more regularly. It has also brought new supporters to the club.

I have read the Cub Statement of the Official site. Frankly, the reasons given for the relocation look paper thin and appear more related to easing office administration burdens than anything else. The statement will anger and alienate more fans. The BoD are missing the fundamental issue - no Jags fans want to be relocated to the Main Stand on a permanent basis.

The current BoD have made great strides in progressing the club and in fostering a feel good factor at Firhill. This proposal, if it proceeds, will, at a stroke, destroy all the widely recognised goodwill built up over the past few years. Moreover, some Thistle fans will be lost to the club permanently. We all know that goodwill cannot be bought and as every sales person knows it is ten times more difficult to attract a new customer than to retain an existing one.

As I stated at the top, I'm a longstanding Jags fan and like the BoD, I want to see the club progress. Sadly this current proposal will have the opposite effect. I sincerely hope the BoD reconsider.

Yours

• Like 2

My email to the club, FWIW

I am a long standing Season ticket holder z88 in the JHS, I don't sit in the NS nor am I ever likely to. However I add my voice to the many hundreds of Jags fans in opposing the relocation of the ' singing section' to the main stand.

The NS singing section has been a great success since it's inception. It is solely responsible for generating what is now a superb atmosphere at Firhill match days and we know this helps the team perform. In addition it is a fact the NS set up as it stands has encouraged a good number of those existing Jags fans to attend more regularly. It has also brought new supporters to the club.

I have read the Cub Statement of the Official site. Frankly, the reasons given for the relocation look paper thin and appear more related to easing office administration burdens than anything else. The statement will anger and alienate more fans. The BoD are missing the fundamental issue - no Jags fans want to be relocated to the Main Stand on a permanent basis.

The current BoD have made great strides in progressing the club and in fostering a feel good factor at Firhill. This proposal, if it proceeds, will, at a stroke, destroy all the widely recognised goodwill built up over the past few years. Moreover, some Thistle fans will be lost to the club permanently. We all know that goodwill cannot be bought and as every sales person knows it is ten times more difficult to attract a new customer than to retain an existing one.

As I stated at the top, I'm a longstanding Jags fan and like the BoD, I want to see the club progress. Sadly this current proposal will have the opposite effect. I sincerely hope the BoD reconsider.

Yours

That's a grand post. Couldn't put it better myself.

Not sure that's how I would describe it to be honest

Anyway compromise in the aid I hope

Compromise?

no thanks.

full apology and confirmation that we will be as we were this and last season, in the north stand, the word compromise should not come into it. yet another example of how they think they can soft soap us. sort it or ram it.

It was a reasonable conversation which I am happy to summarise when Lindau takes back all those nasty horrible things he's said about me . ....(joke)

I don't remember saying anything horrible to or about you, I even invited you to the pub in Edinburgh last Wednesday, but if your close friends with Maxi that might change...lol.Right I apologise, now spill the beanz....please!

Edited by Lindau

Ok a summary of what we talked about and to be clear I am not his mate and I had written my objections to this like everyone else nor am I setting myself up as piggy in the middle !

I think there is a good chance that the decision will be revoked / reviewed given an underestimation of the reaction

I think it is accepted that the communication / management of this has not been good

There is a problem which in some ways is a good problem ie how we manage the stadium if we get to 4000 + season ticket holders and all the other

logistical issues we have due to the three stand issue, the police problems etc etc

The advice from the Javea corner was to freeze the decision, explain the problems and issues and get a small group of fans ie single digit number to work with the club to get the best/least bad solution given it will be hard not to disrupt anyone

I think we can drop any propco issues

Lots of other things said including me saying David Beattie should say something etc

I can't guarantee what will happen but I am personally hopeful