Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

You don't want to get involved in the details? Yet you made reference to there being an issue with the ambassadors?

This came from maxi, and yet neither in talking to us, or in the club statement were ambassadors mentioned.

I'm disappointed you don't want to share any real information of your phone call from maxi. It would seem you would have been better off not mentioning it at all.

Fine delete my posts and I'll give this thread a miss from now ....Jesus I knew this would happen

I don't think javeajag is lying, and I hope he's right about the decision being reconsidered. I'll go on record to say that if we're still in the NS next year I'll buy a Season Ticket (had planned to anyway, even though I won't attend more than my usual 10 games) However if not then I doubt I'll be at any games at all - just can't be bothered with it.

The North Stand is excellent. Being moved to the Main Stand is bad enough but seeing away fans in the North Stand would just rub it in. It would be like being dumped by your bird and then being forced to go and watch some new **** shagging her. No chance.

• Like 2

I don't think javeajag is lying, and I hope he's right about the decision being reconsidered. I'll go on record to say that if we're still in the NS next year I'll buy a Season Ticket (had planned to anyway, even though I won't attend more than my usual 10 games) However if not then I doubt I'll be at any games at all - just can't be bothered with it.

The North Stand is excellent. Being moved to the Main Stand is bad enough but seeing away fans in the North Stand would just rub it in. It would be like being dumped by your bird and then being forced to go and watch some new **** shagging her. No chance.

Thanks and my view as well!

Moving the dugouts to infront of the JH Stand is not the worst idea ever.

too obvious and simple solution an idea though for dugouts in jhs centre

(thats if archie really said he wants fans behind him ..... which the board statement on location of singers in main stand means they won't be behind him).

board never thought of it. a few fans myself included, suggested it. so won't happen

Fine delete my posts and I'll give this thread a miss from now ....Jesus I knew this would happen

If it means you don't need to post any information about your phone call, you go ahead and give the thread a miss.

You posted detail about a section of our support that there's apparently an issue with them, yet at no point has the club ever mentioned it.

Did maxi ask you for confidentiality? Why are you unwilling to pass on any information about this call?

I really do think this call took place, but if it didn't, I would be really disappointed that a Partick thistle supporter would stoop to this level of trolling on an emotive issue such as this.

Appreciating most of the comments here about consultation by the board etc. I think that their proposal for seating is the best we can get with the stadium in its present condition. What we really need is a safe standing area the South end, but that s a long way off.

Also why are we always threatening to boycott the club? Feck's sake what will you do on a Saturday? Go shopping with the wife? Find another club that listens to their fans? Aye right. Good luck to you. I'm going to Firhill and looking forward to next season. I think we'll probably see most folk there too.

P.S. I also think that in nearly 60 years of coming to Firhill this is he best board of directors I have ever known. I may be wrong I don't know any of them but the seem an awful lot better than past incumbents.

Why is this seating plan better than the season just finished?

Just because they are the best board you've known doesn't mean they are above criticism. Especially in these circumstances.

Edited by potty trained

Having the dugouts on the JH side is such a good idea, and would further strengthen the connection between the management and fans - as well as getting in some right good abuse to the away managers) - that it can easily be seen why it's not been considered by our board.

Edited by peagreenboy

Who else are you mates with in the Firhill hierarchy? Which other members of the Thistle staff are in your phone book? It would be good to know now in case you suddenly decide to exclusively reveal them at some point in the future.

It's just that, you know, no one takes you remotely seriously on these boards. At all.

Having read the Official Website I can't help but think that The Board have a good point. We get behind the dugout in a new improved area with better facilities/ cheaper season ticket and upgraded Aitken Suite. The TV cameras show our support on the box and season ticket holders are not moved around. I used to love that stand when I was younger. Controversial on this thread I know but I think the response of The Board is worth a pause for reflection.

We don't get behind the dugout, the board wouldn't allow it.

Do we only get a new improved Aitken suite of we agree to move? Seems that way.

The north stand gets full visibility, better visibility on the tv than the main stand.

Cracking first ever(?) post though.

Appreciating most of the comments here about consultation by the board etc. I think that their proposal for seating is the best we can get with the stadium in its present condition. What we really need is a safe standing area the South end, but that s a long way off.

Also why are we always threatening to boycott the club? Feck's sake what will you do on a Saturday? Go shopping with the wife? Find another club that listens to their fans? Aye right. Good luck to you. I'm going to Firhill and looking forward to next season. I think we'll probably see most folk there too.

P.S. I also think that in nearly 60 years of coming to Firhill this is he best board of directors I have ever known. I may be wrong I don't know any of them but the seem an awful lot better than past incumbents.

the board haven't consulted with the fans though. keep up. and it's not a proposal, it's a decision they have taken weeks ago, and hoped they could get away with at the weekend without much fuss, or any fuss would die down after a few days and they tug on our heartstrings about archies budget. how wrong they are.

apart from the statement on the website today, they have said nothing else, and have entered into no discussions or conversations with anyone (other than javeajag and chris jack ..... unless anyone else has been lucky enough to have been granted an audience or phonecall with, and a good talking to, from maxi or beattie? anyone?)

still, as an aside since i'm posting just now, it's good to note and see a couple of directors looking in on the forum and posting tonight

If it means you don't need to post any information about your phone call, you go ahead and give the thread a miss.

You posted detail about a section of our support that there's apparently an issue with them, yet at no point has the club ever mentioned it.

Did maxi ask you for confidentiality? Why are you unwilling to pass on any information about this call?

I really do think this call took place, but if it didn't, I would be really disappointed that a Partick thistle supporter would stoop to this level of trolling on an emotive issue such as this.

I posted a summary of the call which is actually information

I was not at the meeting on Saturday but there is clearly a difference of interpretation on the detail of what was said that I don't want to get in the middle of as I was not there

Confidentiality was never mentioned

It might suit some people to say the call never took place but it took place at 18:48 for 18 minutes according to my phone

Who else are you mates with in the Firhill hierarchy? Which other members of the Thistle staff are in your phone book? It would be good to know now in case you suddenly decide to exclusively reveal them at some point in the future.

It's just that, you know, no one takes you remotely seriously on these boards. At all.

I'm not mates with anyone on the board and I've met maxi less than others on here....

I'm sharing the information I have that's all

I posted a summary of the call which is actually information

I was not at the meeting on Saturday but there is clearly a difference of interpretation on the detail of what was said that I don't want to get in the middle of as I was not there

Confidentiality was never mentioned

It might suit some people to say the call never took place but it took place at 18:48 for 18 minutes according to my phone

Sorry, I can't find the summary of the call.

• Members

I think folk should maybe cut javeajag some slack on this. Folk that have been around the forums for some time may remember him from other incarnations. Clearly then he had some connections within the Club. The fact the Ambassadors was mentioned also tells it's own story if you read between the lines. I suspect most Thistle fans aren't even aware of the Ambassadors. Personally I feel a little more encouraged with his post. However, it all goes for nothing if the status quo remains. Javeajag will once again be made to look a bit of a tool by someone at the Club giving him crap info.

• Like 1

I'm not mates with anyone on the board and I've met maxi less than others on here....

I'm sharing the information I have that's all

Except you're not really sharing information, are you?

You've posted on here stating that you've received a phone call from Ian Maxwell (you're the only fan that seems to have received a phone call about this as well) and then proceeded to not tell us any specific details about it.

What next? Are you going to have a conversation with Jim Slavin on Skype? Tell us about a gap year you took with Dmytro Pronevych?

Ok a summary of what we talked about and to be clear I am not his mate and I had written my objections to this like everyone else nor am I setting myself up as piggy in the middle !

I think there is a good chance that the decision will be revoked / reviewed given an underestimation of the reaction

I think it is accepted that the communication / management of this has not been good

There is a problem which in some ways is a good problem ie how we manage the stadium if we get to 4000 + season ticket holders and all the other

logistical issues we have due to the three stand issue, the police problems etc etc

The advice from the Javea corner was to freeze the decision, explain the problems and issues and get a small group of fans ie single digit number to work with the club to get the best/least bad solution given it will be hard not to disrupt anyone

I think we can drop any propco issues

Lots of other things said including me saying David Beattie should say something etc

I can't guarantee what will happen but I am personally hopeful

Summary

potty trained: Why is it better?

It is just a more settled seating plan, in my opinion, and fits and uses the space in our stadium better. Why not try it and see? Continually changing seating arrangements is not the best arrangement. (Sorry slow web connection makes long relies time consuming and tiring)

l also note the comment about directors (yoda -jag). Are we not allowed a different opinion? Can we not have sensible debate?

I think folk should maybe cut javeajag some slack on this. Folk that have been around the forums for some time may remember him from other incarnations. Clearly then he had some connections within the Club. The fact the Ambassadors was mentioned also tells it's own story if you read between the lines. I suspect most Thistle fans aren't even aware of the Ambassadors. Personally I feel a little more encouraged with his post. However, it all goes for nothing if the status quo remains. Javeajag will once again be made to look a bit of a tool by someone at the Club giving him crap info.

Was the Ambassadors something to do with Big Denis? Anyway cut javejag some slack. I'd draw the line at diplomatic immunity all the same.

potty trained: Why is it better?

It is just a more settled seating plan, in my opinion, and fits and uses the space in our stadium better. Why not try it and see? Continually changing seating arrangements is not the best arrangement. (Sorry slow web connection makes long relies time consuming and tiring)

l also note the comment about directors (yoda -jag). Are we not allowed a different opinion? Can we not have sensible debate?

How is it a settled seating plan if Thistle fans are being moved without consultation?

• Members

That's what I'm trying to clarify, this issue with the ambassadors... It's never been mentioned up until tonight.

What issue have 40 or 50 folk got with the layout presently, or suggested alternatives?

Dave, Ambassadors are important to the Club, agreed?

Back in the old ptfc.net days, an anonymous poster going by the name of Jordanhill Jag posted that he was withdrawing his financial support for the Club on the back of how they were treating Lianne. They shit themselves and offered him an associate director post. They can't afford to lose big backers that bring more money to the Club in one day than most fans bring in a season. Maxi can get away with pissing off you and me. But his ass would be out the door if he lost the support of members of the Ambassadors!