Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

I guess that's your version of an apology.....

And I have no idea if it was his first port of call but hey it's good news!

I must admit Javeajag, the idea of you being chosen as the guy to unite this forum behind a common idea...

...it makes as much sense as using the Old Firm as a means of convincing us that this was a good plan. :)

Really pleased that we seem to be heading for some kind of consultation.

My issue with this is that the supporters federation is a club construct and they seem to be able to mobilise them and call them in for discussions. Is this a fair summary? For instance - Ian or PT - do you know who the individual reps are and are you able to contact them? If not then I suggest that the SF is something that is looked at in terms of how it can actually work for the fans independent from the club. A SF meeting should be able to be called without it actually being the club who call it. I signed up for TAG, but have no idea who my SF rep is or what 'branch' I've been put into. Do SF reps have any details of who they are representing? Or does the club hold all the info and therefor pull all the strings?

Absolutely. Can anyone shed some light on this as the composition of this group is absolutely crucial.

Can I just say, anyone sending emails to the Club about this, keep it short and to the point. There is no chance they'll read all of it so don't waste your time.

I would also suggest using the mail@ address will only generate a standard response, you would be better emailing chair@ as that is david beattie's email.

Whilst I am happy that the club have obviously issued a statement talking about consultation it in no way states at any time that they were wrong in making the decision and that the original decision is going to be changed. Whilst glad that there is some movement I will not get all excited until the decision is reversed. I am not and have never been a member of the supporters federation and I am probably not in the minority when it comes to Jags supporters so I am not going to slag them off but they dont really speak for me and Im not trying to be negative its just that this topic to me is not open for debate i.e. North Stand Thistle supporters end off.

If you compromise too many times then you end up with nothing. There are too many examples of the supporters being shafted we truly are second class citizens when it comes to this club at times. One of the things that really annoyed me about the weekend was the end of the game more stewards around the park than Ross County supporters nobody getting on the park. What happens 2 young supporters try to get on one is captured by an over zealous steward manhandled to the ground and knee on the chest........ 2 mins later everyone is on the park. They knew there would be people on the park why not let it happen in a controlled way i.e. through communication.

We as supporters get nothing for buying a season ticket we as supporters get treated like absolute crap at times by this board and the reason I say board and not club is because thats why we keep coming back as We are the club and as such until this decision is reversed I will not be buying a season ticket and will not take compromise until such times as we are all back in the North Stand

• Like 3

Really pleased that we seem to be heading for some kind of consultation.

My issue with this is that the supporters federation is a club construct and they seem to be able to mobilise them and call them in for discussions. Is this a fair summary? For instance - Ian or PT - do you know who the individual reps are and are you able to contact them? If not then I suggest that the SF is something that is looked at in terms of how it can actually work for the fans independent from the club. A SF meeting should be able to be called without it actually being the club who call it. I signed up for TAG, but have no idea who my SF rep is or what 'branch' I've been put into. Do SF reps have any details of who they are representing? Or does the club hold all the info and therefor pull all the strings?

The Supporters Federation and its constituent branches have yet to be formally decided upon. Until it is the Federation currently takes the form of two representatives from each of the following groups:

North Stand

Under 12 - Young Supporters Group

Ages 12-16 - Young Supporters Group

City Centre Branch

North-West Branch

Edinburgh & East of Scotland Branch

Partick Thistle's Global Supporters Club (Nomads)

Jags Trust

Cumbernauld Branch

Jordanhill Branch

Star & Garter /Maryhill Branch

This merely brings to light the need for the Club to act on its promise, made some time ago, to create a new federal structure that will ensure that all fans are properly represented. I for one am not a member of any of the above groups and have been holding off becoming a member due to the announcement that a new Federation was to be created.

Edited by Stewarty

The Supporters Federation and its constituent branches have yet to be formally decided upon. Until it is the Federation currently takes the form of two representatives from each of the following groups:

North Stand

City Centre Branch

North-West Branch

Jags Trust

Cumbernauld Branch

Jordanhill Branch

This merely brings to light the need for the Club to act on its promise, made some time ago, to create a new federal structure that will ensure that all fans are properly represented. I for one am not a member of any of the above groups and have been holding off becoming a member due to the announcement that a new Federation was to be created.

Of these groups who are the reps??

No matter what the outcome of the "discussion" I have had my enthusiasm dented severley and will not be buying a season ticket again, did it last year to support the club after an amazing year winning the promotion but this debacle has soured everything , it will be away games and pay at the gate for me when I can make the journey easily.

Edited by Harry Wragg

North Stand

City Centre Branch

North-West Branch

Jags Trust

Cumbernauld Branch

Jordanhill Branch

Where the feck is the Archie Must Go Branch. Or could they not get enough for a quorum?

• Like 1

Said at the start my digust was with the dictatorial decision making and execution of the task rather than the proposal itself. I like the main stand and think it could, possibly, be as good if not even better than the NS for standing , singing fans.

I hasten to add, again, that despite my prior cynicism, I concede the red and yellow North stand has been the best off field change at Firhill in my living memory. Furthermore, it has been, without hesitation, my choice to watch from there since its' inception. Love it.

I really don't see the point in this meeting. The topic has been discussed and argued since saturday. The club has received fan imput here, through e-mails, with fan reps (ian and dave and one might hope others would have been contacted after it blew up in their face) and have the ability ( in theory! ) to put their case for change in statements on the official site. In neither of their statements have they mentioned recieving any e-mails or calls of support from fans in this matter, other than putting up our manager as a potential advocate.

The board's lack of sensitivity to, and incredulous mis-understanding of general fan feeling is not going to be resolved in one grossly over-due meeting. It's one issue and a massive balls up of dealing with it that's caused so much unnecessary disruption here, and as they admit in their latest statement they've missed the boat on a proper "negotiation" or "consultation" as it has now by their doing become a matter of urgency.

The proposed move is in no way proven as necessary, for financial reason or by force of the law, by the reasons given in the 2 club statements. It is a strategy based on speculation about fans priorities (The "shed" bar.... :doh: ), simplifying workload and opinion about what might be for the best financially.

Did a fan or has a fan contacted the board calling for this proposed change? If the answer is no then why have a meeting to guage fan opinion?

"Dicuss all available solutions" FFS it's firhil not the San Siro, we only have 3 stands!!!! It's either/or. Put it to a vote. Yes or No. I think the the No's clearly have it. I for one would be more than contented with the status quo.

Perhaps someone can braodcast or record this meeting so those that are not invited may hear even if not participate!?!?!?!?!

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

I'm not really sure what can be achieved at this meeting of the management and the Supporters Federation. The thoughts of the fans who have strong feelings on this issue have been comprehensively expressed on this forum. The club has made its reasons for proposing this move known in a comprehensive statement on the club website. Is there anything left to say... unless the club has come up with some new reasons why this move should be effected, in which case they should be communicated to the fans well in advance of the meeting so that they can be evaluated properly, rather than fans' reps being caught cold by the presentation of new/additional rationale.

If that's what happens, the relationship between fans and management will be soured further as it will appear that the fans have been ambushed.

If new/additional justifications for the move have been identified by management, they should be presented well in advance of the meeting, or the meeting should be conducted on the basis that nothing will be agreed to by fans at the meeting itself, but will be taken away from the meeting for further consideration and consultation with the wider fan base.

I'm not really sure what can be achieved at this meeting of the management and the Supporters Federation. The thoughts of the fans who have strong feelings on this issue have been comprehensively expressed on this forum. The club has made its reasons for proposing this move known in a comprehensive statement on the club website. Is there anything left to say... unless the club has come up with some new reasons why this move should be effected, in which case they should be communicated to the fans well in advance of the meeting so that they can be evaluated properly, rather than fans' reps being caught cold by the presentation of new/additional rationale.

If that's what happens, the relationship between fans and management will be soured further as it will appear that the fans have been ambushed.

If new/additional justifications for the move have been identified by management, they should be presented well in advance of the meeting, or the meeting should be conducted on the basis that nothing will be agreed to by fans at the meeting itself, but will be taken away from the meeting for further consideration and consultation with the wider fan base.

Remember Ian and I were not told why we were going to firhill other than to "discuss next season".

• Like 1

Yup, you put it more eloquenly than i did.

I do not expect they should reply to every correspondence personally, but to gather a few to convey their reasons and responses, is close to a repeat of their indiscretion of leaking this bombshell through ian and dave.

Concerns me.

Just thinking to myself, but is it not the case that, the feasibility of the main stand as a home singing section is not an issue for discussion, until the club provide a valid reason to move us?

They have not provided a single reason to suggest that we require to be moved.

The destination of where we are moving to is not yet an issue, as there's no reason to move us.

• Like 3

Everyone gets totally pissed off and abusive when their designated season ticket seat gets taken off them and give to celtic fans

theres one reason for moving to a permanent home

Not really. Most Thistle fans would have reluctantly accepted being moved to the Main Stand for Celtic games, had the club not blatantly lied to us over it. If they'd just come out and said "the police would prefer if it were easier segregation between the fans and we'd prefer to make more money for the club by letting Celtic fans take up a bigger section than the usual away support" most would have gotten over it. Instead we got lies about the council instructing us to not allow Celtic fans in the Main Stand; which was complete and utter bollocks.

Everyone gets totally pissed off and abusive when their designated season ticket seat gets taken off them and give to celtic fans

theres one reason for moving to a permanent home

Everyone gets totally pissed off and abusive? Every one of them?

So rather than sell 250 "non Celtic" season tickets for the North Stand. Or sit down and have a discussion about that issue, and gauge what the feeling really is, now. If feelings are still as strong as 10 months ago.

The club have assumed what the feeling is... And decided to move every one permanently?

Edited by potty trained