Allan, Beattie, Brown, Chopra, Dodd & Donald – A Collective Dictatorship

Billy Allan, David Beattie, Greig Brown, Ajay Chopra, Ian Dodd and Brian Donald.

These are the men in the collective dictatorship, according to the statement issued today on ptfc.co.uk, which has suddenly decided, with the flimsiest reasoning, to p*ss all over the supporters of Partick Thistle Football Club.

By all means, if any of the individuals concerned wish to distance themselves from today’s statement then please feel free to come on here and publicly declare so - I will re-crop the image and alter the thread headline to make sure you are not tarred with the same brush. Furthermore, I will make a public apology to you.

2n1ewdt.jpg

Dear Board,

Re: Your North Stand fans relocation order

The benefit to the club, both directly and indirectly, of having Jags fans in the North Stand, has been universally acknowledged over the last two seasons. How strange then, that the wonderful effort which has been made by the fans to create a vibrant, colourful and noisy area within Firhill seems to have been so blatantly disregarded by yourselves on a whim. Your ridiculous decision to start ordering them about against their will is inexplicable, and the arrogance of the manner in which your relocation directive was delivered was, quite simply, breath-taking.

By imposing your will over the supporters (as opposed to opening dialogue) you have, once again, demonstrated clear contempt for the people who are the very life blood of this great footballing institution.

As per today’s statement, your proposed actions are completely at odds with your own words of praise for the patrons of the North Stand and the positive effects which have been realised through their efforts.

Your order has been widely condemned across multiple communications platforms and, quite clearly, you are alienating the vast majority of your customers. As a result, you’re damaging the business.

Even those who are normally supportive of your every move are against you on this one. Indeed, there are eminently sensible and thoughtful gentlemen within the Thistle support who say that you are making fools of yourselves. For the sake of decency, I won’t even repeat what the proletariat are saying. Not that you’d understand a word without the aid of an urban dictionary.

I don't believe for one moment that there are six stupid men presiding over the welfare of Partick Thistle.

However, some are certainly questioning your sanity right now. If you keep this up, others are going to start thinking that you Mr. Allan, or you Mr. Beattie, wouldn't mind seeing the club die in order for you to hit the jackpot with your conflicting interest in the property investment at Firhill Road. Of course, most people know that’s not the case and that you’re both Jags diehards, right?

You should reverse this decision post haste - lest it be your will that you wish to inflict a severe body blow on the prosperity of the business.

Yours sincerely,

Yer typical Jags diehard

p.s. Is there any truth in the rumour that we settled for considerably less compensation for Jackie McNamara than the amount which was stated in the contract? Only, some are saying that, as a board, you were incompetent and that you never drew the contract up properly. :unsure:

This is all getting a bit much. Objecting to a poor decision and protesting against it is one thing. But it's all gone to mob hysteria, witch hunts and self righteous fury. Which rank as three of my least favourite things.

People should get a grip. A poor decision which will hopefully be overturned, but at the end of the day it's about where you sit at a football match and it doesn't matter how you dress it up.

• Like 6

This is all getting a bit much. Objecting to a poor decision and protesting against it is one thing. But it's all gone to mob hysteria, witch hunts and self righteous fury. Which rank as three of my least favourite things.

People should get a grip. A poor decision which will hopefully be overturned, but at the end of the day it's about where you sit at a football match and it doesn't matter how you dress it up.

What's your 4th least favourite thing?

Edited by Ross

Perhaps. I'm certainly of the opinion we should deal with the specific of the North Stand. Besides we've been thru this before where the Board always, no matter the issue, support the passed motion in unison. And as for the specific we don't know if Maxi/Lance are carrying out the Board's wishes or they're supporting an "initiative" from Maxi and/or Lance.

Bottom line is it makes no strategic difference to us. The overriding issue being the damn stupid idea is reversed.

The propco deal has bubbled under the surface for the last few years and recent developments re the North Stand have brought it to the surface. I also think there is now a trust issue between David Beattie and the supporters, think you're much better to have your client base on side . IMO the reason why the City end wasn't developed in to a four sided football stadium , was for two reasons (1) they couldn't get planning permission for the template they wanted which was either office space or flats (2) because of that there was no money in it for the individuals concerned . Let Partick Thistle buy it back if you're like minded supporters that you say you are and maybe the trust will come back.

Perhaps. I'm certainly of the opinion we should deal with the specific of the North Stand. Besides we've been thru this before where the Board always, no matter the issue, support the passed motion in unison. And as for the specific we don't know if Maxi/Lance are carrying out the Board's wishes or they're supporting an "initiative" from Maxi and/or Lance.

Bottom line is it makes no strategic difference to us. The overriding issue being the damn stupid idea is reversed.

The problem, as always with these things, is that people get overexcited, lose track of the objective and start getting a buzz from the controversy more than they actually care about resolving the issue.

Too much singing at the football.

yeah, i hear songs like

"the north stand is ours"

"keep the north stand red and yellow "

"you can stick your green brigade"

"you can stick your main stand"

"north stand for jags fans"

"beattie out"

aren't favourites of kim jong david.

don't know why, as they seem favourites of every thistle minded supporter.

Totally agree with this. This situation shouldn't be made personal nor become a slanging match as it will only back them into a corner even further than they have placed themselves already.

The BoD have made a terrible, ill-thought out decision that has been badly relayed to the fans and should be retracted for the sake of the business and the good work that has gone before. Let's not let this get silly and out of hand.

Like I said in an earlier post, I reckon this is a toys out the pram at the Celtic decision being questioned and protested against. Getting involved in shit like this and putting names and faces to things is dangerous and unnecessary ground.

Edited by Vom Itorium