Champions League Final: Tucking Forture

peagreenboy

It's good to know that even with all the millions upon millions spent upon players and their wages, even with all the hype and sponsorships and endless advertising, even with the thousands of fans and all the ridiculous pomp and circumstance, you'll still get better entertainment watching Brechin v Stirling Albion on a wet Saturday here in Scotland.

YA-AW-WN

• Like 1

aye the 2 most expensive players in the world were the worst on the park, but both scored! Di Maria was superb, Modric, Marcello and Isco had good games. I think Simeone's decision to start Costa came back to bite him on the arse though as it used up a sub so early in the game.

It's good to know that even with all the millions upon millions spent upon players and their wages, even with all the hype and sponsorships and endless advertising, even with the thousands of fans and all the ridiculous pomp and circumstance, you'll still get better entertainment watching Brechin v Stirling Albion on a wet Saturday here in Scotland.

Take your point but it's slightly ironic comparing this with a Scottish game. Why I say that is both Madrid clubs are over familiar with each other and that probably went a good way to each team canceling out the other. OK, the Binos and Brechin were in different divisions last season but over familiarity due to our inane league system is imo one of the principal reasons our football has been so duff.

Btw thought the game picked up in the later stages.

When I hear someone from this forum moaning about the media space OF are given, I can really get the whole idea about it, after all, it´s 100% the same here with both Barcelona & Real. It´s dreadful, disgusting and leads this country to look more and more like Brazil or Agentina, football first, then famine, health or whatever.

I couldn´t have been happier with Atletico winning but it´s has been written in their history many times. At least they won the league last week, first time since 96.

Footballwise, it is ironic that, had Costa been used, for example, as a time-wasting substitution in the last 5 minutes, he would have been marking Ramos, probably doing a better job than Villa or any of the Atletico strikers defending that corner.

When I hear someone from this forum moaning about the media space OF are given, I can really get the whole idea about it, after all, it´s 100% the same here with both Barcelona & Real. It´s dreadful, disgusting and leads this country to look more and more like Brazil or Agentina, football first, then famine, health or whatever.

I couldn´t have been happier with Atletico winning but it´s has been written in their history many times. At least they won the league last week, first time since 96.

Footballwise, it is ironic that, had Costa been used, for example, as a time-wasting substitution in the last 5 minutes, he would have been marking Ramos, probably doing a better job than Villa or any of the Atletico strikers defending that corner.

Couldn't understand playing Costa from the start and thought the same that a time wasting substituition near the end would be a better idea if they wanted him on the bench.

Having said that no matter how important a player he is, having a hamstring injury which he broke down with the week before against Barca meant he shouldn't have been anywhere near the Champions league final.

Thought Atletico did well sticking to the game plan they had but after the cruel late equaliser when they all went to sleep, they had nothing left in the tank for extra time.

It's a pity they were not at full strength for this game as i think they would have won it, but at least they won the league which is a fantastic achievement.for them to beat two clubs with budgets on a different planet to their own.

Edited by billko