Scotland Fanzine - What Should We Call It?

With the ripple of enthusiasm that is slowly gripping the nation at the possibility of a Scotland team able to progress further than qualification rounds to a major finals next season, It is with great pleasure I am announcing that from the makers of Sick In The Basin, there will be a fanzine totally devoted to Scotland coming out on September 1st prior to the start of the Euro 16 qualifiers, which will be bigger and bolder than the SITB.

It is the brainchild of Robert Marshall and myself with contributions from Alan Nelson and perhaps Alex Frew if he can get his finger out and write it. There is also going to be some stuff from a couple of Hearts fans and a Buddie. Fritz will not be editing it, so there will be no underlying Yes campaign involved. Hopefully people will find it interesting and quite funny too. We would hope to publish twice per season around the time of the qualifiers.

However, we are struggling with a name as we are trying to get away from the cute and cuddly image of the Tartan Army

At the moment we are toying with Scotland Epistles, Bullshit and Thistles. However, there have also been some others we have pondered on. I am looking for your opinions on names or indeed original ones you come up with.

The other suggestions so far are:

1 We Still Have A Dream

2 Lie Back and Think of Scotland

3 When you Hear the noise

4 Deep Fried Scotland

5 Brigadoon, My Arse

6 What's the Hampden?

7 Enjoy the Game!

8 The ******* Sons of Ally McLeod

9 Do We Have The Bottle

10 Ma Baws Are Itchy. (That's one of mine, the idea of being outside of Hampden shouting Ma Baws Are Itchy appeals to my sense of humour and of course works well with issue 2)

Given the amount of puns and wordplay on the forum I'm sure people can come up with better. If someone does then they will be among the first to get a hold of a copy.

One last thing if anyone wants to write an article for it please let me know.

In honour of Arthur Montford, either:

DISASTER FOR SCOTLAND

or

WHOAFFT!

For the great Ally MacLeod, how about,

"AT LEAST A MEDAL"

In memory of our true national colours,

PRIMROSE & PINK

Of course there was a famous football magazine named 4-4-2. The Scots version should be

4-6-0

• Like 1